Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitney Mercilus
The Texans are supposedly going to cut Mercilus today. Would love to bring him into our DL rotation.

Always liked this guy and could be had for a bargain I hear.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 02:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Texans are supposedly going to cut Mercilus today. Would love to bring him into our DL rotation.

Always liked this guy and could be had for a bargain I hear.

As someone who lives in Houston and has been watching him, listening to what the local sports expert say about him and knowing his stats all I can say is ......
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

and no
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 02:30 PM)Stewy Wrote: As someone who lives in Houston and has been watching him, listening to what the local sports expert say about him and knowing his stats all I can say is ......
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

and fuk no

What is wrong with him? Is he a head case or something? Sure isn't his play on the field that is the problem. He is a better pass 
rusher than Hubbard at this point, not near as good of a run stopper but I would like to hear some sort of reason for your no 
thoughts lol
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 02:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What is wrong with him? Is he a head case or something? Sure isn't his play on the field that is the problem. He is a better pass 
rusher than Hubbard at this point, not near as good of a run stopper but I would like to hear some sort of reason for your fuk no 
thoughts lol

He's lazy, he quit playing once he got paid, he only had good stats because of JJ Watt (who is gone), he's only stayed on the Texans as long as he has because he was given a classic Bill O'Brian contract that couldn't be traded or dropped due to how the CAP hit was distributed, otherwise he would have been cut last year.

He's a nice guy who doesn't care about playing football any more, but I'm sure he'd take a pay check if some dopes signed him.  He's the exact kind of veteran we DO NOT want on this team.

His two contract years (2015 and 2019) were his best two years, and each followed with significant drop offs.

Personally inside and outside the locker room he's a great guy and a great teammate, but I want football players that like playing football.  No guys who dabble in football as their hobby.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 02:38 PM)Stewy Wrote: He's lazy, he quit playing once he got paid, he only had good stats because of JJ Watt (who is gone), he's only stayed on the Texans as long as he has because he was given a classic Bill O'Brian contract that couldn't be traded or dropped due to how the CAP hit was distributed, otherwise he would have been cut last year.

He's a nice guy who doesn't care about playing football any more, but I'm sure he'd take a pay check if some dopes signed him.  He's the exact kind of veteran we DO NOT want on this team.

His two contract years (2015 and 2019) were his best two years, and each followed with significant drop offs.

Personally inside and outside the locker room he's a great guy and a great teammate, but I want football players that like playing football.  No guys who dabble in football as their hobby.

Ah alright, cool thanks Stewy. I vote no now too lol
Reply/Quote
Not understanding why the Bengals didn't
Have a intrest in signing him.
I guess we are rest our passing rushing
Hopes outside of Hendrickson on Sam Hubbard.
Wonderful.
Reply/Quote
looks likes hes signing with Greenbay.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 04:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Not understanding why the Bengals didn't
Have a intrest in signing him.
I guess we are rest our passing rushing
Hopes outside of Hendrickson on Sam Hubbard.
Wonderful.

well he probably wants to be a full time starter wherever he goes...  Doubt he'd get that here.
Reply/Quote