Lions win
17.24%
10 17.24%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions Game Prediction Thread
(10-11-2021, 07:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If he blows a couple more games then you’ll have a great case. Until then, so what? As of now he’s won 2 games and lost 1. Don’t leave the game in a kickers control.

Isn't that what a kickers job is, lol? I mean what's the point having one you can't count on.. I wouldn't be upset if it was just 1 miss, but he's missed 3 out of the last 4..
Reply/Quote
McPherson is a rookie, not yet a Vinatieri. In time he will prove himself. I would take my chances with McPherson over any kicker we had in the last 10 years.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 06:06 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Interesting matchup will be Sewell VS Trey .  From my limited observation on Sewell and not knowing his PFF grades, he has been very solid

Actually Sewell has been FAR from solid. He got embarrassed constantly both last week (against a backup no less) and against Chicago. The Lions are looking to move him off of LT:

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/10/taylor-decker-expected-to-practice-at-left-tackle-as-soon-as-this-week-penei-sewell-at-right-tackle.html

The Bears and Vikes discovered the problem - Sewell is slow footed and rushing the B Gap results in easy success:

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/10/penei-sewell-5/

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/09/penei-sewell-bust-2/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 07:16 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I think it will be close but my prediction is that win or lose it won’t matter.
The nose dive is coming regardless of what happens in Detroit.  They are not on the same level as the Ravens/Browns/Chargers etc.  

Some of you are happy that they were close yesterday even though GB tried multiple times to give this game to the Bengals. They just wouldn’t take it.  The HC actually ran plays to set his rookie K up for a 57 yard FG.  That’s a special kind of stupid.
Win or lose I am not going to entertain the thought of them being good until they beat a team that is actually a playoff contender.

Bengals 21-20

Coming out of the bye the schedule gets brutal, so I see any drop-off or string of losses as a product of that more than coaching/execution issues.  Yeah, they won't help, but even firing on all cylinders and bringing their A game to each and every contest would still result in some losses given the competition.  That's why these next four games are so crucial.  If we can go 3-1 and head into the bye 6-3, then we're in decent shape for a winning season.  Hell, 7-2 may give  us a shot at a wildcard berth.

Having said that, if they do get rolled up in Detroit, your nosedive characterization will sadly be quite accurate.  We've seen that movie too many times around these parts.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This game really scares me.  The more a team loses to start the season, it seems to make them more dangerous as the losses mount.  Plus the fact the Bengals have not lost to the Lions since '92, seems to put the odds in the Lions favor.  I want to be so wrong, and have you all make fun of me, but I think Detroit gets their first win of the season 33-28.  I think if we lose this, it's all downhill from here.  I feel this really is a must win for Cincy.  Please God, let me be wrong.   Nervous
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 01:24 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: This game really scares me.  The more a team loses to start the season, it seems to make them more dangerous as the losses mount.  Plus the fact the Bengals have not lost to the Lions since '92, seems to put the odds in the Lions favor.  I want to be so wrong, and have you all make fun of me, but I think Detroit gets their first win of the season 33-28.  I think if we lose this, it's all downhill from here.  I feel this really is a must win for Cincy.  Please God, let me be wrong.   Nervous

To a degree, I kind of feel the same way (other than thinking Detroit gets its first win and 33 points really? Lions haven't scored more than 17 points in a game since the 1st week of the season). But, then I remember our defense, while not elite, has played really well and kept us in every game this year, so I doubt they will suddenly fail this Sunday. And because of that defense, I can see us winning in Detroit even if its on a last second FG by McPherson.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 02:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To a degree, I kind of feel the same way (other than thinking Detroit gets its first win and 33 points really? Lions haven't scored more than 17 points in a game since the 1st week of the season). But, then I remember our defense, while not elite, has played really well and kept us in every game this year, so I doubt they will suddenly fail this Sunday. And because of that defense, I can see us winning in Detroit even if its on a last second FG by McPherson.

I know, and I'll be glad for you to say "I told you so!"  Sunday afternoon at about 4:30.  It just always seems the Bengals give life to those that seem to be on their death bed.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor is a subpar play caller and no one in his family, or in this organization, has the balls to stand up to him and tell him that...so, the offense will sputter and barely win 23-20
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
I like to see ZT and Burrow finally put up 28 points or more. ZT lets add some razzle in the play calling and Burrow finish better on 3rd downs. I like to see us run on the Lions.. at least 25 to 30 rushes, they are giving up around 4.5 and Burrow does better when we limit his drop back.. 30 or so less passes

My game plan means 28 to 17 win
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24-21 in OT

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
Detroit is desperate for a win and will try hard. Watch Detroit have the best game of the year. Lions 24 Bengals 23
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually Sewell has been FAR from solid. He got embarrassed constantly both last week (against a backup no less) and against Chicago. The Lions are looking to move him off of LT:

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/10/taylor-decker-expected-to-practice-at-left-tackle-as-soon-as-this-week-penei-sewell-at-right-tackle.html

The Bears and Vikes discovered the problem - Sewell is slow footed and rushing the B Gap results in easy success:

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/10/penei-sewell-5/

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/09/penei-sewell-bust-2/

This is the same guy I mentioned before the draft and the Sewell or bust fans acted like he was the absolute worst football evaluator since Mike Brown himself.. Bottom line is Sewell is not tackle material in the NFL. Hendrickson should make real hay against him if he starts @ LT..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Detroit 31 Bengals 13
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 04:54 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Detroit 31 Bengals 13

I have some apprehension about this game, playing a cornered/wounded animal in a winless team and all.  So, I might see the Lions winning in a squeaker.  But, I'm curious why you feel it will be that lopsided.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 03:57 AM)grampahol Wrote: This is the same guy I mentioned before the draft and the Sewell or bust fans acted like he was the absolute worst football evaluator since Mike Brown himself.. Bottom line is Sewell is not tackle material in the NFL. Hendrickson should make real hay against him if he starts @ LT..

Yup! The D should be stunting and doing cross moves against Sewell wherever they line him up. At worst it should force the Lions to give him help with a back or other such. 
Reply/Quote
So the Bengals haven't lost a game in Detroit since 1970's. The Bengals also are heavily favored to win this game.

The Bengals are one of the worst offenses at 3rd down conversions and the Lions defense is 3rd on stopping 3rd down conversions.

Been a Bengals fan too long and see a loss coming....

Lions 27
Bengals 23
Reply/Quote
Bengals win 24-14. Whatever heart they can muster, Detroit is almost entirely devoid of skill talent on offense AND dealing with numerous injuries. I don't know how they're going to score points unless we hand them turnovers.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 03:37 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I know it's only Monday afternoon, but as one of the few, if not only, avowed Lions fans here (in Coltsfan's memory, you could say I do "respect" them), I'll hope you'll allow me the honor of starting this thread. There are hints of expected outcomes and a few scores in other threads, but let's make it official here - with a poll, no less!

So, please vote and then list your score prognostication below. Also, I humbly request that future prediction threads also include a poll to predict the winner. It's an easy way to get the board's feelings with just a glance.

Edit: forgot to include the score. It's going to be closer than it should be, but still a win. And, since this team has scored above 24 points in regulation only 8 out of Zac's 37 games, I see that trend continuing.

Bengals 24
Lions 20

Coltsfan said said Skyline tasted like glue. Screw that guy. He was just mad Jake Delhomme stole his girl.

LOL

Bengals 35
Lions 14

We're due for a blowout and the Lions are terrible this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 04:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Coltsfan said said Skyline tasted like glue. Screw that guy. He was just mad Jake Delhomme stole his girl. ?

How do you do your Skyline? I like it on Pasta with both cheese and beans. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 04:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: How do you do your Skyline? I like it on Pasta with both cheese and beans. 

One plain burrito with the chili/bean mix topped with cheese and chili, and 1-2 conies, hold the onion. Use a decent amount of hot sauce, and finish the leftover chili with oyster crackers. ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote