Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions Showing Interest In Iloka
Every team in the league should be interested in Iloka, dude is frickin good.

Him staying healthy is his only draw back. Dude is 6'4", can cover like a Corner and hit like a Linebacker.

BTW, we have the dough to bring him back so we shouldn't even let it be a thing. He wants to come back here as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 08:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Every team in the league should be interested in Iloka, dude is frickin good.

Him staying healthy is his only draw back. Dude is 6'4", can cover like a Corner and hit like a Linebacker.

BTW, we have the dough to bring him back so we shouldn't even let it be a thing. He wants to come back here as well.

Saving for one of those new buicks everyone's been so confused about.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Iloka was my choice too. Coming off of injury and all, why not see how he responds without the commitment. But they seem to want to take the risk of letting them hit the open market. Hopefully we get Nelson, and Adam (although reports are even he has suitors) back. Not using the tag hurt the odds of getting all the big 4 back. Which was best case scenario for the offseason.

If you think Iloka wasn't worth the 10M tag number, keep in mind Hall made 9 last year.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 08:45 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Saving for one of those new buicks everyone's been so confused about.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 08:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Iloka was my choice too. Coming off of injury and all, why not see how he responds without the commitment. But they seem to want to take the risk of letting them hit the open market. Hopefully we get Nelson, and Adam (although reports are even he has suitors) back. Not using the tag hurt the odds of getting all the big 4 back. Which was best case scenario for the offseason.

If you think Iloka wasn't worth the 10M tag number, keep in mind Hall made 9 last year.

My guess is Adam wants to come back, but I think he's also still paying off that lawsuit so he probably has to go where the money is.
Reply/Quote
Iloka is a must keep for our secondary in my opinion.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
So it sounds like, according to Dehner and Jim O, that we'll give an offer to Iloka and if he chooses to go elsewhere, we'll offer it to Nelson.

Same with Jones and Sanu.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 05:04 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: So it sounds like, according to Dehner and Jim O, that we'll give an offer to Iloka and if he chooses to go elsewhere, we'll offer it to Nelson.

ya Jim said this regarding FA

"As for the draft, it's near impossible to tell before free agency. If M. Jones comes back, that change the 'need' for WR. If A.Jones/Nelson/Iloka come back ... same can be said for the secondary. By talking to the staff this week, they like how deep the draft is on the defensive side of the ball.

But, my gut feel says M.Jones/G.Iloka get offers that the Bengals may not be willing to match/exceed with so many teams with so much cap room available. "

It's disappointing when the front office doesn't see the value in certain players that us the fans do. Oh well.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 04:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: ya Jim said this regarding FA

"As for the draft, it's near impossible to tell before free agency. If M. Jones comes back, that change the 'need' for WR. If A.Jones/Nelson/Iloka come back ... same can be said for the secondary. By talking to the staff this week, they like how deep the draft is on the defensive side of the ball.

But, my gut feel says M.Jones/G.Iloka get offers that the Bengals may not be willing to match/exceed with so many teams with so much cap room available. "

It's disappointing when the front office doesn't see the value in certain players that us the fans do. Oh well.

It becomes a problem when you create holes in your team that you use the draft to fill, instead of going into the 3 day process looking to find impact players to strengthen position groups instead of filling preventable holes.

This is probably the biggest factor on why some teams progress and some teams regress or worse, stay the same.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 05:04 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: So it sounds like, according to Dehner and Jim O, that we'll give an offer to Iloka and if he chooses to go elsewhere, we'll offer it to Nelson.

If it's that way for Jones/Sanu, it will likely be too low for Jones and the Bengals will WAAAY overpay for Sanu. Probably somewhere in the $5 million range. Sanu is not worth more than $3-4 mill a year IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 04:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: ya Jim said this regarding FA

Bogus. Iloka, Adam and MLJ are proven, draft picks are not.

(03-04-2016, 04:18 PM)Stormborn Wrote: It becomes a problem when you create holes in your team that you use the draft to fill, instead of going into the 3 day process looking to find impact players to strengthen position groups instead of filling preventable holes.

This is probably the biggest factor on why some teams progress and some teams regress or worse, stay the same.

The truth.

(03-04-2016, 04:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If it's that way for Jones/Sanu, it will likely be too low for Jones and the Bengals will WAAAY overpay for Sanu. Probably somewhere in the $5 million range. Sanu is not worth more than $3-4 mill a year IMO.

Exactly, atleast MLJ would be worth it with his speed. Don't overpay for Sanu, if you are going to overpay,
do it for something that is hard to find, something like the ability to get deep which MLJ has.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 08:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: If you think Iloka wasn't worth the 10M tag number, keep in mind Hall made 9 last year.

Making a mistake isn't an excuse/reason to go ahead and make another.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 04:18 PM)Stormborn Wrote: It becomes a problem when you create holes in your team that you use the draft to fill, instead of going into the 3 day process looking to find impact players to strengthen position groups instead of filling preventable holes.

Where do all these free agents come from if no other team is losing any players?

According to some people the  Bengals are the only team to let any good players leave in free agency, but at the same time they are bashed for not signing the players other teams have let go in free agency.

Fact is that the Bengals pay good money to keep most of their best players and usually avoid "creating holes" without having a player ready to step in.  I think most of us realize that Andre smith and one of our safeties will probably sign elsewhere mainly because we have players ready to step into those roles.  WR is the one place where we don't have anyone ready to step in as a starter, so i am pretty sure we will re-sign either Jones or Sanu.
Reply/Quote

This seems like a really goofy way of doing business to me. Why? Having both safeties back would be better than having both receivers, or the second tier guy of each imo. Sanu is not worth a lot of money, Jones or no Jones. I really hope that the FA plans are not as reactive as this.
Reply/Quote