Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions to release Trufant
Rough couple of years with injuries, and a terrible rating this past year, but a very solid corner prior to that.

He'll be 31 this season. Is he worth a shot at the right price?

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 03:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Rough couple of years with injuries, and a terrible rating this past year, but a very solid corner prior to that.

He'll be 31 this season. Is he worth a shot at the right price?

The biggest thing Mike Brown and Co. are thinking about right now is all these released veterans won't affect THE COMP PICKS!!!! lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Depends on if he is healthy. Not a good sign him being released. I am liking Roby in FA if we let WJ3 go myself.
Reply/Quote
I've always been a fan of Trufant, if he clears medical certainly would be a nice addition to the CB room. Beats 90% of what we were running out there last year.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
He is being cut because for as bad as Detroit was, their cap is a mess. That said, this FA class for CB is going to be really deep. I don't think we need to make a move out of the gate at CB. I think we could get a couple of really solid corners for average money with the current cap landscape.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 05:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: He is being cut because for as bad as Detroit was, their cap is a mess. That said, this FA class for CB is going to be really deep. I don't think we need to make a move out of the gate at CB. I think we could get a couple of really solid corners for average money with the current cap landscape.

Makes me feel better about letting WJ3 go that is for sure.

Trufant is definitely someone we should be looking at if he is healthy, very good Corner.
Reply/Quote
This free agency period is going to be crazy. I think a lot of 1 year deals are going to occur, as a LOT of veterans are going to lose their jobs with the cap shrinking as much as 20 or 25 million dollars.

As a team with among the most cap space in the entire NFL, I think we could really do a lot of damage in free agency...if we feel so inclined.
Reply/Quote
Might be a good guy to have coming off the bench, if healthy. A solid vet presence is always a good thing to have in the locker room, and we all know that the entire CB roster sees PT at some point or another in the season. With that said, I'd be thinking just a little above vet min for guaranteed, and maybe some escalator money for snap count, etc.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote