Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Debbie
So I realized I've been going through this cycle of looking in the cabinets for something to eat and I always end up finding something made by Little Debbie and it looks okay on the box and then it tastes like shit once I open it and actually try it. So I got to thinking does anyone enjoy any of these snack things and which ones are popular?

I just tried eating some strawberry cake roll and it was Sick . The only thing I like from them are Nutty Bars but I don't think I'd ever go out and buy them. I just don't understand the appeal I guess. If you look at the ingredients it's just a wall of words you can't pronounce. LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 01:23 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: So I realized I've been going through this cycle of looking in the cabinets for something to eat and I always end up finding something made by Little Debbie and it looks okay on the box and then it tastes like shit once I open it and actually try it. So I got to thinking does anyone enjoy any of these snack things and which ones are popular?

I just tried eating some strawberry cake roll and it was  Sick . The only thing I like from them are Nutty Bars but I don't think I'd ever go out and buy them. I just don't understand the appeal I guess. If you look at the ingredients it's just a wall of words you can't pronounce. LOL

The LD brownies are edible, but 99% of all of the pre-packaged crap is 50% toxic stuff you don't want to eat, so Debbie kills you but at least doesn't rob you. The competition does both. When you start reading labels and caring about your body, suddenly that stuff never makes it into your cabinets. 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
I enjoy Little Debbie products.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 04:30 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I enjoy Little Debbie products.

I did too, until I developed diabetes.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 04:30 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I enjoy Little Debbie products.

(08-02-2016, 04:52 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I did too, until I developed diabetes.

I used to enjoy the oatmeal cakes and the brownies (Only the brownies with the nuts on top the colored sprinkle things taste weird to me.)  but for some reason they made my acid reflux act up when I got older and didn't taste as good.

Hostess coffee cakes are good if you like cinnamon.
Reply/Quote
The oatmeal creme pies are delicious when frozen. The same goes for star crunch.

Reply/Quote
The raisin cream pies are awesome.

[Image: 41pfRTZigLL.jpg]

And the things that are like big twix bars.  a cookie with caramel on top covered with chocolate.

[Image: 41aaNc0NP1L.jpg]

All of the "cake" type products are pretty lame.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 08:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All of the "cake" type products are pretty lame.

This is the only cake product of theirs worth a damn.  The rest are crappy.

[Image: 0002430004168_500X500.jpg]

For some reason they don't sell them everywhere.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 04:52 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I did too, until I developed diabetes.

[Image: 617aa84411cfb2aaa54155bd7825edf532659f7b...77ac_1.jpg]

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Most weekday mornings start with a Little Debbie Honey Bun, and most days end with a Little Debbie Swiss Cake Roll!
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 08:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The raisin cream pies are awesome.

[Image: 41pfRTZigLL.jpg]

And the things that are like big twix bars.  a cookie with caramel on top covered with chocolate.

[Image: 41aaNc0NP1L.jpg]

All of the "cake" type products are pretty lame.

Yeah totally agreed. All of the cakes are the worst.

And those Caramel Bars are good I forgot about them.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 01:24 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Yeah totally agreed. All of the cakes are the worst.

And those Caramel Bars are good I forgot about them.

Shit son.....don't forget about these:

[Image: snackbars_horizontal_peanutbuttercrunch-safeid.png]

......however, like TT, I got the big D diagnosis, and haven't had a Little Debbie in about 8 or 9 years.  As I drove by our Dunkin Donuts on the way to work this morning, I realized I couldn't remember the last time I had a donut.  I save my cheats for FroYo and beer. Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I never heard of the raisin creme pies, so I checked out the Little Debbie website. It looks like there's a chunk of products that they don't sell in our area.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The Cherry Pies are my absolute favorite Little Debbie product, but I haven't had one in a year. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 07:07 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: The oatmeal creme pies are delicious when frozen. The same goes for star crunch.

The oatmeal pies are the best.  I've had them refrigerated, but not frozen.  Now I gotta get me some and freeze them, I reckon. 

Was scrolling down with the intent of being the first to praise the Star Crunch, but I'll have to settle for seconding it. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 09:14 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The oatmeal pies are the best.  I've had them refrigerated, but not frozen.  Now I gotta get me some and freeze them, I reckon. 

Was scrolling down with the intent of being the first to praise the Star Crunch, but I'll have to settle for seconding it. 

I promise freezing them will change your life. Let me know....lol

Reply/Quote
The saddest part about all of this, is that once upon a time, those products were likely made with actual wholesome food ingredients..

I'm not a big sweets person, I usually reserve my heavy sugar intake for pasta and alcohol.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 09:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The saddest part about all of this, is that once upon a time, those products were likely made with actual wholesome food ingredients..

I'm not a big sweets person, I usually reserve my heavy sugar intake for pasta and alcohol.

Yeah Im not a huge sweets person either. Give me pizza and beer any day over sweets. That being said, living about 2 miles from the beach, frozen little Debbie's packed in a cooler make a great beach snack. So I do partake occasionally.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 09:40 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah Im not a huge sweets person either. Give me pizza and beer any day over sweets. That being said, living about 2 miles from the beach, frozen little Debbie's packed in a cooler make a great beach snack. So I do partake occasionally.

Dammit, I am not running out to Kroger tonight to bye oatmeal pies. Tomorrow will have to do.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I've always liked a few little Debbie products like nutty bars and oatmeal pies. However, about a year ago I tried "Little Debbie Seashell Brownies." It was the most disgusting thing I ever ate. So bad, it turned me off of little Debbie all together.

Reply/Quote