Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Lou Who
Fire Lou Anarumo first thing Monday morning and let's get someone else in there to run this defense. His coaching skills as the Bengals DC has become the inspiration of a Dr Seuss book entitled "Little Lou Who".

I cannot coach

I cannot adjust

I must not run this defense too much.

-Little Lou Who

Anyone have any Little Lou Who contributions?
Reply/Quote
We'll have to watch the tape on that and then get back to you.
Reply/Quote
Whatever it is they're doing ain't working. Is Austin secretly back in town ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Whatever it is they're doing ain't working. Is Austin secretly back in town ?

Lou is the Zampese of the defense, I hoped I was wrong but I predicted that this may happen.  The guy has been around for a long time and he's done nothing impressive...he's like K-Mart.
Reply/Quote
We just held Baltimore to their lowest point total of the year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Lou is the Zampese of the defense, I hoped I was wrong but I predicted that this may happen.  The guy has been around for a long time and he's done nothing impressive...he's like K-Mart.

At least Kmart had the blue light special. There's nothing special about this D lol
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We just held Baltimore to their lowest point total of the year

And their QB set a record that hasn't been done in the SB era rushing for 150+ yards and passing for 200+ yards.

Yay!!! 497 total yards to 250. Time of possession 39:12 for the Ravens.

Nothing about this performance was good.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: At least Kmart had the blue light special. There's nothing special about this D lol

The K-Mart special here is super discounts on a badly-damaged John Jerry.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And their QB set a record that hasn't been done in the SB era rushing for 150+ yards and passing for 200+ yards.

Yay!!! 497 total yards to 250. Time of possession 39:12 for the Ravens.

Nothing about this performance was good.

Didn't say it was, but it doesn't change the fact that they held the Ravens to 23. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The defense is struggling playing sideline to sideline...but as far as rankings go when your opponents offense is averaging 30 more plays than your team the yards given up on average is always going to be way to high.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
It's more about Roster construction than anything else.
Brown isn't NFL caliber & Vigil is a backup at best they have single handedly destroyed this whole unit.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:54 PM)GodFather Wrote: Fire Lou Anarumo first thing Monday morning and let's get someone else in there to run this defense. His coaching skills as the Bengals DC has become the inspiration of a Dr Seuss book entitled "Little Lou Who".

I cannot coach

I cannot adjust

-Little Lou Who

And who would take the job?  He was the only one that took the job before.  Everyone was turning it down.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 12:13 AM)scorp1974 Wrote: And who would take the job?  He was the only one that took the job before.  Everyone was turning it down.

Who wouldn't want to take over the league-worst defense and then get fired over it within a month or so?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 12:17 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Who wouldn't want to take over the league-worst defense and then get fired over it within a month or so?

Hue Jackson?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 12:13 AM)scorp1974 Wrote: And who would take the job?  He was the only one that took the job before.  Everyone was turning it down.
Tiger Hopefully some up and coming College D Coordinator who doesn't let the job overwhelm him. Maybe he can bring the latest techniques and schemes with him so it doesn't appear our defense is straight outta the 90s.

I could even go for a get in your face, call you out right on the field when you screw up, screaming and cussing Zimmer-esque DC.

The one thing that neither the offense or Defense has AGAIN is accountability. What's it going to take for accountability???
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Lou was the right man for the job in the family's view.

I can just see people like Del Rio and Grantham coming in for interviews. Candidate: "Well, Mr Brown, this was the league's worst D last year. it's a long-term repair, but naturally, we'll need to bring in some outside FAs. We need some linebackers. Also, don't bring back Preston Brown. he's a 1990's NFL MLB. No way we can go out there with him and that glorified backup Vigina as our starters, right, sir?" Mikey: "Umm, don't call us, we'll call you.".

Meanwhile, Lou Anal Rim Job comes in: "You guy need a DB coach or something?" Mikey: "We need a coordinator. We want you to be the guy. Can you bring in BW whatever and Harry Lynn?" Lou: "Uhh, sure, sir. Kerry and BW will be happy to have jo... I mean play for the Bengals. I can't wait to tell mom that I'm a real coordinator!".
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:54 PM)GodFather Wrote: Fire Lou Anarumo first thing Monday morning and let's get someone else in there to run this defense. His coaching skills as the Bengals DC has become the inspiration of a Dr Seuss book entitled "Little Lou Who".

I cannot coach

I cannot adjust

-Little Lou Who

I will not tackle here nor there
I will not tackle anywhere
I will not cover zone or man
I will not cover Dre I am.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We just held Baltimore to their lowest point total of the year

And held them to just 2 field goals in the 2nd half, playing a bunch of young guys who may be the future. I'm not ready to give up on Lou yet.
Reply/Quote
I'd replace Anarumo and Callahan with Del Rio and Jay Gruden along with handing over playcalling duties to Gruden if I were Taylor.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:18 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd replace Anarumo and Callahan with Del Rio and Jay Gruden along with handing over playcalling duties to Gruden if I were Taylor.

Del Rio probably won't come here, and Gruden may be too big a personality now to sit behind Taylor. He will hold out for another HC job or an OC job in a bigger market.  If he came here, every loss would have fans chanting to replace Taylor. Not a good situation.
Reply/Quote