Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Lou Who
(10-14-2019, 10:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Del Rio probably won't come here, and Gruden may be too big a personality now to sit behind Taylor. He will hold out for another HC job or an OC job in a bigger market.  If he came here, every loss would have fans chanting to replace Taylor. Not a good situation.

They need to do something to excite the fan base. There is no salary cap on coaches. Overpay to get those coaches in. 
Until someone comes in with proven success or the team starts putting together multiple wins, I'm going to continue not watching because that's the only thing I can think of to show my displeasure with the franchise at this point.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They need to do something to excite the fan base. There is no salary cap on coaches. Overpay to get those coaches in. 
Until someone comes in with proven success or the team starts putting together multiple wins, I'm going to continue not watching because that's the only thing I can think of to show my displeasure with the franchise at this point.

Well, I figure whether I watch or not makes no difference to them, but I get what you are saying. I'm not going to any games this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And held them to just 2 field goals in the 2nd half, playing a bunch of young guys who may be the future. I'm not ready to give up on Lou yet.

You cannot win or compete when the players are just awlful.Duke Tobin drafted these guys and they would not even get a look by a great team,like the pats or steelers or ravens. These players for the most part are not even nfl ready.Vigil and brown are not fast enough to play in our division and the secondary needs playmakers. What ZT is not saying is he has bad players and that is the PROBLEM !!!!! :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:30 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: You cannot win or compete when the players are just awlful.Duke Tobin drafted these guys and they would not even get a look by a great team,like the pats or steelers or ravens. These players for the most part are not even nfl ready.Vigil and brown are not fast enough to play in our division and the secondary needs playmakers. What ZT is not saying is he has bad players and that is the PROBLEM !!!!! :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:

But, Brown led the league in Tackles recently. It's not like he's some no name undrafted free agent.

Some of this is coaching. Some is scheme.

If you have 2 slow LB's...you don't only play 2 LB's. You use 3. This is probably the worst scheme I could imagine for Brown and Vigil. Neither would play on the Nickel package on a good team.

Here, we use that configuration some 80% of the time.

And the worst part is the coaches scouted this and identified Brown as the guy to fit in that.
Reply/Quote
I thought in the 2nd half they seemed to pursue less and just stay in the gaps. I think it worked as Vigil (who made most of the tackles) was in better position. I'm not saying it was perfect, but I think we slowed them down in the 2nd half. Yards per play were much better after halftime.

The players just aren't that good anymore. No Dunlap, Atkins did nothing again, our LB's are the same but slower this year, Pratt was out of position numerous times against the TE I saw. Hell, they couldn't stop any runs until they started dropping down Shawn Williams to help and he's hurt ffs.

I bet Lou is pulling his hair out with what he has to work with. Just my take on what I saw, but I concentrated mostly on drinking.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:45 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I thought in the 2nd half they seemed to pursue less and just stay in the gaps.  I think it worked as Vigil (who made most of the tackles) was in better position.  I'm not saying it was perfect, but I think we slowed them down in the 2nd half. Yards per play were much better after halftime.

The players just aren't that good anymore.  No Dunlap, Atkins did nothing again, our LB's are the same but slower this year, Pratt was out of position numerous times against the TE I saw.  Hell, they couldn't stop any runs until they started dropping down Shawn Williams to help and he's hurt ffs.

I bet Lou is pulling his hair out with what he has to work with.  Just my take on what I saw, but I concentrated mostly on drinking.

I agree with this. It appeared we went in with the gameplan of attacking Jackson and he made us pay. We changed that strategy in and it worked; unfortunately they already had 17 points. I remember one 2nd half play where Hubbard beat his man and had a clear shot to Jackson, but Sam did not take it; he simply stayed there containing him.

I get folks are mad but Rome wasn't built in a day. Help looks like the Rams are falling apart since the lost their QB coach
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Anyone who is dumb enough to hitch his star to this wagon isn't someone we'd want anyway.

So this is quite the little conundrum we find ourselves in. Firing Louie of the Merchant Marines would likely prove a Pyrrhic victory.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Maybe I'm wrong or misunderstood what they said on TV yesterday, that Lou has only called 12 games as a defensive coordinator before coming to the Bengals? If that's the case, I can see why it seems like the in-game adjustments haven't been very good. Almost like on-the-job training.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 12:47 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: Maybe I'm wrong or misunderstood what they said on TV yesterday, that Lou has only called 12 games as a defensive coordinator before coming to the Bengals?  If that's the case, I can see why it seems like the in-game adjustments haven't been very good.  Almost like on-the-job training.

Right. He was interim for the Dolphins one year. Taylor was interim OC that year too for 5 games.

Lou's last DC experience before that was as the Defensive Coordinator for the Merchant Marines.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 12:47 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote:    Almost like on-the-job training.

It basically is for BOTH our coordinators AND our head coach. I think (and hope) that we're just going through growing pains of a coaching staff led by guys who've never held their position before. The question, of course, is have they shown enough to warrant keeping past this season?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 12:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It basically is for BOTH our coordinators AND our head coach. I think (and hope) that we're just going through growing pains of a coaching staff led by guys who've never held their position before. The question, of course, is have they shown enough to warrant keeping past this season?

Well and the position coaches too. When you see basically most of the roster regress, position coaches need looked at too.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We just held Baltimore to their lowest point total of the year

Shhhhhh Let them rant.
I don't see many DC's doing good with the hand that's been dealt to them with this team.
Aside from unbeaten Niners and the Steelers games, we've lost 4 games by an average of 3.5 points, so saying it would be easy for us to be 4-2. Just hasn't bounced that way.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 12:47 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: Maybe I'm wrong or misunderstood what they said on TV yesterday, that Lou has only called 12 games as a defensive coordinator before coming to the Bengals?  If that's the case, I can see why it seems like the in-game adjustments haven't been very good.  Almost like on-the-job training.

His in game adjustments Sunday were pretty good. We got gashed the 1st half, and held them to 2 field goals in the second.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 01:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Shhhhhh Let them rant.
I don't see many DC's doing good with the hand that's been dealt to them with this team.
Aside from unbeaten Niners and the Steelers games, we've lost 4 games by an average of 3.5 points, so saying it would be easy for us to be 4-2. Just hasn't bounced that way.

Yeah. We're a couple of good bounces away from 4-2.

Do you actually watch these games?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:53 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Yeah. We're a couple of good bounces away from 4-2.

Yes, all of them unfortunately.

Do you know how long it takes to score?

Game 1 vs Seattle, lost by 1 point
Bullock was 2/3 on FG's, he doesn't miss, could've won.

Game 2 vs SF... over after halftime.

Game 3 vs Bills lost by 4
1 td away from winning

Game 4 vs Steelers lost by 24

Game 5 vs Cards lost by 3
3 to tie, td to win.

Game 6 vs Ravens lost by 6
Td to win. Get the Onside kick and plenty of time to drive.

Biggest thing to me though, is no AJ Green. If he's out there, I believe it's a different game on those close ones.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:53 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Yeah. We're a couple of good bounces away from 4-2.

We've literally had the lead for 30 snaps ALL YEAR. 30 snaps!
Reply/Quote
Or maybe this defense is just shit and the coordinator isn't the problem.

We thought firing Austin would solve the problem last year, after all.
Reply/Quote
I thought it was alarming when all the DCs we interviewed in the off-season were declining the job. Seemed like a big red flag at the time.
Reply/Quote
I think Sweet Lou will be fired but man, Look at the Time of Possession differential. The defense is simply on the field too long...

With that said, Bring in Littleton and other backers, it would help. The backers are horrible and so damn slow.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote