Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little girl's encounter with Pope a farce
(09-27-2015, 11:15 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yet he says nothing about these topics when in front of congress?  When these topics are at the forefront of public discussion.    

Your editorial on Beck has nothing to do with the pope not mentioning these topics in front of congress.

Your speech to an audience should be directed at those in the audience.  The Pope chose to take his time to speak on the way the poor are treated in the US.  Because he did not speak one time, while speaking many others, on the topic YOU want him to step down?

I noticed one day you didn't post about Planned Parenthood on this site.  Many people here still support it and it is a hot topic.  I feel you should stop pretending you are pro-life and step away from the board since you cannot speak to what is important. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-27-2015, 11:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: Your speech to an audience should be directed at those in the audience.  The Pope chose to take his time to speak on the way the poor are treated in the US.  Because he did not speak one time, while speaking many others, on the topic YOU want him to step down?

I noticed one day you didn't post about Planned Parenthood on this site.  Many people here still support it and it is a hot topic.  I feel you should stop pretending you are pro-life and step away from the board since you cannot speak to what is important. Smirk

Abortion is about the poor. The pope danced around controversial topics. Which isn't what the pope should be doing.

I have not like this pope's antics from the beginning but gave him a chance.
(09-27-2015, 11:26 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Abortion is about the poor.  The pope danced around controversial topics.   Which isn't what the pope should be doing.  

I have not like this pope's antics from the beginning but gave him a chance.

The Pope gave a very general speech on treating each other well and taking care of least among us.

Apparently you wanted a policy stump speech given by a GOP candidate for President?
(09-27-2015, 11:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: The Pope gave a very general speech on treating each other well and taking care of least among us.

Apparently you wanted a policy stump speech given by a GOP candidate for President?

I wanted him to stand for something tough.  Use his voice for change.   Not just more of the same.

Could also hammered us on the war. Selling arms.
(09-27-2015, 11:34 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I wanted him to stand for something tough.  Use his voice for change.   Not just more of the same.

Could also hammered us on the war.  Selling arms.

Could have said a lot of things.  What he said was good and right.
(09-27-2015, 11:34 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I wanted him to stand for something tough.  Use his voice for change.   Not just more of the same.

Could also hammered us on the war. Selling arms.

Wait, haven't you been one of those railing against the Pope getting political? I would think talking about that would be more political than talking about the poor.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-27-2015, 11:26 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have not like this pope's antics from the beginning but gave him a chance.

Yeah, sure sounds like you gave him a chance seeing as you didn't like him from the start.  LMAO
If our government truly stood for separation of church and state, they would have never given him audience.
I find it hypocritical having him speak amongst them.
(09-25-2015, 09:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This new pope is really getting under the skin of right-wingers.

I think the current pope is a much more clever con man than his predecessor.  He realized the church was dying in the developed world due to its neolithic stances on many social issues.  He has cleverly turned that around and has the church being viewed by many as progressive.  To me it's all bullshit though, he's a good bullshitter but he's still a bullshitter.  His golden rule speech is pure drivel.  I wish someone had to balls to actually ask the question, does treating others like you'd like to be treated extend to after you die where your church condemns all non-believers to an eternity of gruesome torture?  Make no mistake this guy is the same crap with a new, shiny, box.
(09-27-2015, 06:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think the current pope is a much more clever con man than his predecessor.  He realized the church was dying in the developed world due to its neolithic stances on many social issues.  He has cleverly turned that around and has the church being viewed by many as progressive.  To me it's all bullshit though, he's a good bullshitter but he's still a bullshitter.  His golden rule speech is pure drivel.  I wish someone had to balls to actually ask the question, does treating others like you'd like to be treated extend to after you die where your church condemns all non-believers to an eternity of gruesome torture?  Make no mistake this guy is the same crap with a new, shiny, box.

I'd agree with you if he hadn't been that way before being elected pope and wasn't "walking the walk" so to speak.

Either way I'll accept a movement toward actually following the teaching of Christ vs the last 200 years.
Breitbart didn't have any stories about interviews you didn't watch so you're complaining about this?

Oy vey
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-27-2015, 08:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'd agree with you if he hadn't been that way before being elected pope and wasn't "walking the walk" so to speak.

Either way I'll accept a movement toward actually following the teaching of Christ vs the last 200 years.

When he realized the catholic church needed a PR makeover doesn't really matter to me.  The fact that it's just a PR makeover does.  Either way, the catholic church is still the same morally bankrupt organization that it was before he was pope.  It still protects pedophiles, it still advocates against homosexuals, it still advocates that birth control is murder and it still purports that everyone who is not an adherent is going to burn in hell forever.  Not a moral person or organization despite the pretty new bow on top of the box.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/26/planned-parenthood-blasts-pope-francis-pro-life-stance/

In the spirit of consistency.   I commend his remarks on the topics I was upset he didn't cover to congress.   He hit some of them to the UN general assembly.

Quote:In his address before the United Nations General Assembly Friday, Pope Francis condemned “the marketing of human organs and tissues,” a phrase that sounds remarkably similar to accusations against Planned Parenthood, after a series of undercover videos revealed that the organization was involved in the harvesting and sale of the body parts and organs of aborted fetuses.

The Pope also asserted the sacredness of every human life, including that of the unborn. A “fight against exclusion,” the Pope said demands “absolute respect for life in all its stages and dimensions.”

Building a common home of all men and women must rise on “the foundations of a right understanding of universal fraternity and respect for the sacredness of every human life,” Pope Francis said, which includes “the unborn.”

This “respect for the sacredness of every human life,” of every man and every woman, means defending “those considered disposable,” the Pope said.
(09-27-2015, 08:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: When he realized the catholic church needed a PR makeover doesn't really matter to me.  The fact that it's just a PR makeover does.  Either way, the catholic church is still the same morally bankrupt organization that it was before he was pope.  It still protects pedophiles, it still advocates against homosexuals, it still advocates that birth control is murder and it still purports that everyone who is not an adherent is going to burn in hell forever.  Not a moral person or organization despite the pretty new bow on top of the box.

You will get no argument from me that the Catholic church has failed in its duty to serve vs its recent preference to simply collect funds.

They will never accept homosexuality or birth control.  Its not going to happen so I don't hold that against them any more than I would expect Muslims to suddenly start loving pork chops.
(09-27-2015, 08:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: You will get no argument from me that the Catholic church has failed in its duty to serve vs its recent preference to simply collect funds.

They will never accept homosexuality or birth control.  Its not going to happen so I don't hold that against them any more than I would expect Muslims to suddenly start loving pork chops.

Sorry dude, but that's a huge cop out.  It's like saying you don't blame the KKK for hating blacks and jews because it's intrinsic to their "organization" to do so.  What's wrong is wrong, hate is wrong, the catholic church is a hateful, backwards and damaging organization.  Their stance on birth control alone has caused untold suffering.  Bottom line, your sincerely held beliefs can still be repugnant and should be labeled as such.
(09-27-2015, 08:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: When he realized the catholic church needed a PR makeover doesn't really matter to me.  The fact that it's just a PR makeover does.  Either way, the catholic church is still the same morally bankrupt organization that it was before he was pope.  It still protects pedophiles, it still advocates against homosexuals, it still advocates that birth control is murder and it still purports that everyone who is not an adherent is going to burn in hell forever.  Not a moral person or organization despite the pretty new bow on top of the box.

They don't say birth control is murder.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Liberals seem to love this Pope, but they only listen to half of what he says.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

And people need to learn what Jesus was doing when he said give to Caesar what is Caesar's. They tried to trap him and he turned it back on them.

(09-28-2015, 10:23 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They don't say birth control is murder.

Yes, essentially they do.  Is the sentence, "birth control is murder", a part of catholic dogma, no.  The reasoning behind their utter ban on birth control is essentially because it murders children you would otherwise have.  Please don't waste time trying to deny that.  Hence, your argument in this instance is purely a semantic one.
(09-28-2015, 10:28 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, essentially they do.  Is the sentence, "birth control is murder", a part of catholic dogma, no.  The reasoning behind their utter ban on birth control is essentially because it murders children you would otherwise have.  Please don't waste time trying to deny that.  Hence, your argument in this instance is purely a semantic one.

No that's not what they say at all.  I'm not sure who told you that.