Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Live in the moment and enjoy this run because it will never be as sweet as this one
Like Coach Taylor said we may get here again (I think we will) but nothing will ever be as sweet as the first time. Buy merch, take in the moments, take videos and ENJOY IT!!

What a crazy ride it has been.

WHO DEY!!

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:20 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Like Coach Taylor said we may get here again (I think we will) but nothing will ever be as sweet as the first time.  Buy merch, take in the moments, take videos and ENJOY IT!!

What a crazy ride it has been.

WHO DEY!!

I told myself at begining of season I would not buy any merch until they showed something nd more than just a win here and there....the merch is on its way! who dey!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:24 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I told myself at begining of season I would not buy any merch until they showed something nd more than just a win here and there....the merch is on its way! who dey!

I bought myself one of those AFC Champions hats last night.  38 bucks is a bit steep but screw it I never wanna forget this run!  Hopefully I can buy a SB Champs hat to go with it! Who Dey

Cigar
Reply/Quote
I think Im going to limit myself to 1 jersey purchase

Mcpherson jersey.
Reply/Quote
There are some people so old here they probably remember '81 and '88 like it was yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:53 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: There are some people so old here they probably remember '81 and '88 like it was yesterday.

I was a little too young for 81.....but I remember 88 vividly.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:53 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: There are some people so old here they probably remember '81 and '88 like it was yesterday.

I was born in 88 so to say this is all new territory to me is an understatement. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
'81 and '88 I knew they were good and expected a run a few games in. plus the optimism of youth. I've been shocked and proven wrong time and again this year. I'm not sure which I like better.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was a little too young for 81.....but I remember 88 vividly.

I only remember bits and pieces of 81, but yeah I remember 88 pretty well.
Reply/Quote

That would include me.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was a little too young for 81.....but I remember 88 vividly.

I was a senior in HS in 81 so I remember em both. I was of course young then and little did I know how long it would be to get back.

And I'm enjoying the hell out of it.
Reply/Quote
This time around we won't have near as much pressure on us that is for sure.

We have been the underdog all post season and still are.

If we win it all we will have the target on our backs and will start feeling the pressure of being Champs.

I welcome it. That is what you get when you are the best. Cool
Reply/Quote

Likewise. In '81 I existed, but wasn't watching football. '88 stung. I don't want to be a crying grown man in a couple of weeks for the wrong reason. Bring me a victory Burrow.
Reply/Quote
I remember the 81 season fairly well even though many many many toilets have flushed since. I don't remember any game more satisfying than the freezer bowl which I had to rewatch on youtube only to realize I'd forgotten a few names. I wasn't physically there because I HATE cold weather despite growing up in it.. That was also the same year I got brilliant and married a stripper..  Sad That should have been the omen, but at the time I was also really busy getting laid a lot so..Oh well.. Also the year we lived in some ratty apartment with way too many leaking windows and doors and a landlord who shut the heat off around 4 am so we had to heat the kitchen with the gas stove followed by the same summer I got sick of my upstairs neighbor and leveled an oak banister across his shins at high speed.. LOL All in all a good year..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, I think this pretty much cements that I will die this year.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
We have gone from not winning a playoff game in 30 years to winning three in a row. I'm not willing to go through that misery again to duplicate this feeling. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think Im going to limit myself to 1 jersey purchase

Mcpherson jersey.

My trigger finger is itching for either Hendrickson or Apple. Maybe Pratt.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 07:12 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: My trigger finger is itching for either Hendrickson or Apple. Maybe Pratt.

I am gonna get me a Logan Wilson jersey. Cool
Reply/Quote

I'm 51.
I remember them both, pretty well.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 07:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am gonna get me a Logan Wilson jersey. Cool

That is the player’s jersey that I want too but I am waiting for them to make his in the Limited style (not the Game or the Elite). That one will be great since his last name is the same as mine it will always be good for me to wear.
I did buy a Chase jersey last night because I had to.

And yes I am enjoying this time as a Bengals fan. What a ride it’s been.
Reply/Quote