Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Live look at Zac Taylor when he decided to go for it on 4th down…
Idk but the play with offsetting penalties, Mixon looked in.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: In the last 10 games the Chiefs had allowed more than 17 (think the average in the span was 12) points ONCE and the Bengals put 34 on them. Anyone complaining about anything offensive related is disconnected from reality.

It’s a combination of people disliking Zac and generally not knowing what they are talking about. People complain about outcomes, not the calls themselves because they don’t know enough to actually to critique the calls.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: In the last 10 games the Chiefs had allowed more than 17 (think the average in the span was 12) points ONCE and the Bengals put 34 on them. Anyone complaining about anything offensive related is disconnected from reality.

If you remember I said the only way the Bengals could win is if they played well in the redzone on offense and defense. Joey B and the Bengals did the exact opposite they went big play for big play vs probably the best team in the AFC. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Turned out fine-ish with the penalty, but I didn't love it. Certainly didn't love the 2 Burrow non-TD-attempt sneaks that just let him get piled upon.

This exactly. It worked out amazingly. But hand the dang ball to Mixon. I don't think there's anyway they stop him 3 times in a row. But we pulled it off and man that felt good.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fine-ish because it succeeding was 100% dependent upon the refs throwing two flags. You are literally putting your win into the refs hands. That is NEVER a good strategy even if it worked this time. They swallow their whistles either time and it's a turnover on downs.

It also meant Burrow was going to be put into two giant pile-ups which predictably led to his knee getting re-tweaked.

So you're wrong.

Nah. I didn't like the QB sneaks because of Burrows knee but i didn't have a problem with his lat 2 throws that drew those flags. People were screaming after the 49ers game about taking the ball out of Burrows hands. He didn't do that today. 

Live and die with The Burrow in crunch time.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The Bengals won... period..Great half time adjustments, well coached. A win is a win.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:25 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It’s a combination of people disliking Zac and generally not knowing what they are talking about. People complain about outcomes, not the calls themselves because they don’t know enough to actually to critique the calls.

I think people myself included complain about Taylor's situational football decisions. Like the end of the 49ers game. Heck even the end of the game today was wonky but it worked out. 

We all know the talent we have on offense so when things aren't working I think its natural to question the play calling. But as others have pointed out there's the execution factor and the impossibility of knowing the outcome of a different call.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fine-ish because it succeeding was 100% dependent upon the refs throwing two flags. You are literally putting your win into the refs hands. That is NEVER a good strategy even if it worked this time. They swallow their whistles either time and it's a turnover on downs.

It also meant Burrow was going to be put into two giant pile-ups which predictably led to his knee getting re-tweaked.

So you're wrong.

You ever think without the obvious defensive holding calls we simply complete the pass for the TD?? Some can't be happy even when we do win. Guts of a Gambler, and it worked to perfection. Milked the clock to zero, kicked the game winner and left the KC offense on the sidelines. 
Reply/Quote
I didn’t like the play calls at all, but it worked out and winning fixes everything
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I was at the game.... was super happy actually they stopped us so we could burn their timeouts. Do wish they went for the FG on 4th down... super ballsy of Taylor to go for it. However under standing the meaning of 1 more yard and Mahomes being under center I get the decision. If we do not get it they need to drive 60 yards with just over a minute with no timeouts to attempt a field goal.

*Did not see yet if it was really a hold or pass interference* Haven't see many on the internet disagree with that call yet so it is what it is.

Who Dey!!!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Loved what Zac said in his post game about not wanting anyone to give them the division, they wanted to reach out and take it. That's how you take it.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:33 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think people myself included complain about Taylor's situational football decisions. Like the end of the 49ers game. Heck even the end of the game today was wonky but it worked out. 

We all know the talent we have on offense so when things aren't working I think its natural to question the play calling. But as others have pointed out there's the execution factor and the impossibility of knowing the outcome of a different call.

Absolutely, I understand. That post sounds harsher than I really meant it, I don’t know enough to really critique a call, either. I still get frustrated from time to time. Generally, the biggest thing is execution in my opinion. Playcalling and game planning is very complex. I have access to some really cool material, including old NFL and NCAA playbooks. They are really interesting to look through and shed some light on how these offenses operate.

At the end of the day, a coach can call a perfect game but Johns and Joes play the game.
Reply/Quote
The Chiefs had 8 consecutive wins coming into this game,and in my opinion were the hottest team in the league.I’m not complaining about anything.I’m loving it.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It was nor. JM scored on the 4th down play where the refs called him short. If the play hadn't have been cancelled due to offsetting penalties it would have been easily reversed.

There were no pile ups on the sneaks, just stalemates with a lot of folks pushin against each other

He tweaked his knee on a pass.

Zac put the win in his player's hands; not the ref's and he damn sure didn't put it in Mahome's hand

This....is exactly right.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:35 PM)TigerStripes Wrote: You ever think without the obvious defensive holding calls we simply complete the pass for the TD?? Some can't be happy even when we do win. Guts of a Gambler, and it worked to perfection. Milked the clock to zero, kicked the game winner and left the KC offense on the sidelines. 

Again, you're still relying upon the refs to both see it AND flag it. Betting on the refs to do their job well in 2021 is a fools bet.

Ask the Browns how calling an obvious penalty worked when they lost to the Packers on a blatant DPI no-call INT, essentially ending their season.

- - - - -
EDIT: Welcome to the board. (As far as posting goes.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:25 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It’s a combination of people disliking Zac and generally not knowing what they are talking about. People complain about outcomes, not the calls themselves because they don’t know enough to actually to critique the calls.

I don't think that is true with me.

I supported Zac running the ball on third down on our last play against the Niners and we lost that game.

We won this game but I think it was stupid to go for the TD on that final 4th down play.  Zac got saved by a stupid penalty.  Boyd was not open even without the penalty.  Burrow had nowhere to go with the throw.  Taylor just got lucky.
Reply/Quote
If I were coaching the Chiefs, then I would have let the Bengals score the TD when the ball was in the Red Zone. This would have allowed the Chiefs enough time to score a TD themselves.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:24 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: If I were coaching the Chiefs, then I would have let the Bengals score the TD when the ball was in the Red Zone. This would have allowed the Chiefs enough time to score a TD themselves.

Reid mentioned they were contemplating pulling Burrow into the endzone. That tactic is fairly new, maybe they didn't think we'd do what we did to end the game.

They didn't do it though, and if Zac/Mixon/Burrow planned to not score is also not clear.

Keeping Mahomes on the bench for 6 minutes is not "genius", it's what everyone would expect needs to happen, they executed.

We won a good game there, playoff-like, but if we were actually trying to score, it's a microcosm of how poor our short run game looks (and probably is). We can't convert a 3rd and short with a run and teams like the Browns run 3rd and 10 and convert.

The hand we're dealt is Mixon can't form his own holes or has trouble because how our line seems to play inconsistently when running the ball. Electing to pass on most 3rd downs will bite us in the playoffs who is composed of teams that are vying for a superbowl.

But yeah, I'm surprised Reid didn't pull him in, but he was probably thinking they had to score a TD just to go to OT, lol. I could have seen the chiefs trying to go for 2 and failing.
Reply/Quote
Mixon is 2nd in the league in rushing. Just stop.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mixon is 2nd in the league in rushing. Just stop.

You proved my point with that absurd stat. His yards per carry is low. To exaggerate for your brain, if he was 1 YPC and carried 5000 times, he would still be leading the league in rushing.

You really think the Bengals are good in short yardage scenarios with the run? 1) Aren't watching the same team and 2) You don't watch any other teams.

YPC is king. You let mixon have his cake and eat it by saying "2nd in the league in rushing", blaming the line for his 2 yard gains and our inability to get 3rd and short with a rush.

If you think Mixon is better than Chubb (who is "3rd in the league" with a much better YPC) - don't know what to tell you. Ask the Browns if they'll trade him straight up, lol. 5.5 YPC.

Chubb is 50 yards behind in 90 less attempts. Mixon has 2nd most attempts in league behind the leader who crushes him in YPC. Mixon is more average than this statistic shows, and it's not all on him, but that's his statistic.

I would agree that our line needs work, but that's not your point.

You make a lot of posts for the likes without any actual content.
Reply/Quote