Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live vs Memorex
Love to you P&R warriors who know who you are...

I am torn between thoughts that A) we have the most incompetent President in US history threatening to do (irreparable?) damage to your little Petri dish of a country, and, B) so much of this neophyte country hangs on psychology and now that there is an old rich whitefuck in the Oval Office is America (even the ones with the wrong naughty bits and the wrong colored faces) just happy and content enough to feel safe and whole again?

So, what is it? A tsunamiofshit like no other or Back to normal?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
I just have no idea what Trump is going to do. He could be in office for 4-8 years, or he could announce tomorrow that he's sick of all the rules and he's resigning and it wouldn't surprise me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-25-2017, 08:52 PM)xxlt Wrote: Love to you P&R warriors who know who you are...

I am torn between thoughts that A) we have the most incompetent President in US history threatening to do (irreparable?) damage to your little Petri dish of a country

That description sounds like my country... why you ask? You think we're in danger? Until now, we have been nothing but nice and humble to Uncle Donald! Please don't hurt us.

(01-25-2017, 08:52 PM)xxlt Wrote: So, what is it? A tsunamiofshit like no other or Back to normal?

Well, I'm afraid, and that's really my outside perspective. This man seems to be obsessed to build a memorial for himself. Whenever something threatens this memorial, he is struck deeply by it. Be it the press, be it the popular vote, a crowd size, Rosie O'Donnell or whatever. He doesn't let go, he's possessed with keeping his monument big and shiny and won't tolerate the tiniest scratch. Everything is subordinated to his own glorification. That is deeply egomaniacal, narcissistic, the worst trait a president could have.
And he doesn't seem to have empathy of any kind - that combination makes me fear not only for you, but for the whole world. But also for you. I can't see a "back to normal" here.
(01-25-2017, 09:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just have no idea what Trump is going to do. He could be in office for 4-8 years, or he could announce tomorrow that he's sick of all the rules and he's resigning and it wouldn't surprise me.

He won't get sick of it until someone tells him he can't do something.  Right now it's all executive orders and photo ops...he's gotta be loving the attention and how he's "getting things done".

Throw in a PS who openly lie to cover his hiney and it's a great gig.

So far.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-25-2017, 08:52 PM)xxlt Wrote: Love to you P&R warriors who know who you are...

I am torn between thoughts that A) we have the most incompetent President in US history threatening to do (irreparable?) damage to your little Petri dish of a country, and, B) so much of this neophyte country hangs on psychology and now that there is an old rich whitefuck in the Oval Office is America (even the ones with the wrong naughty bits and the wrong colored faces) just happy and content enough to feel safe and whole again?

So, what is it? A tsunamiofshit like no other or Back to normal?

No back to normal.  Gag orders on federal agencies and departments, federal investigations driven by fake news, the White House press conferences now open to paranoid right wing bloggers who get the first questions, and now this--

http://boingboing.net/2016/12/12/trump-is-inheriting-the-right.html
This means that there will be virtually no impediment to Trump giving editorial control over America's global broadcasters to Breitbart alumni and other pals of Steve Bannon, Trump's white nationalist Chief Strategist.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/12/14/505482691/an-obama-backed-change-at-voice-of-america-has-trump-critics-worried
"Congress unwittingly just gave President-elect Trump unchecked control of all U.S. media outlets," Kempner told Politico. "No president, either Democrat or Republican, should have that kind of control. It's a public jewel. Its independence is what makes it so credible."
Ya, he so crazy. 

Ha!  Beat ya to it! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

My thought is A, but with a caveat. Maybe I'm a bit of an idealist, but I have faith in our system to prevent real irreparable harm from happening. The checks and balances, the federal system, these things exist for a reason. I do think that Trump, under the influence of Bannon and some others, is going to make attempts at power grabs and overreach. Right now there is the honeymoon period that exists in Washington when (almost) everyone under one party banner is singing the same tune. But, Trump is not a Republican, he is not a Democrat, he is just a narcissist. Once we get out of the honeymoon phase there could be things he will try to do that will unify the legislature against him, the courts could keep him in check, who knows?

I have faith in the system to prevent things from becoming too gnarly. Maybe I'm naive, but that's just my opinion on things. I also have faith that this nation will correct itself, politically. I think that we will find common ground eventually, that the people will take the power back. It's just going to take time.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-26-2017, 11:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: My thought is A, but with a caveat. Maybe I'm a bit of an idealist, but I have faith in our system to prevent real irreparable harm from happening. The checks and balances, the federal system, these things exist for a reason. I do think that Trump, under the influence of Bannon and some others, is going to make attempts at power grabs and overreach. Right now there is the honeymoon period that exists in Washington when (almost) everyone under one party banner is singing the same tune. But, Trump is not a Republican, he is not a Democrat, he is just a narcissist. Once we get out of the honeymoon phase there could be things he will try to do that will unify the legislature against him, the courts could keep him in check, who knows?

I have faith in the system to prevent things from becoming too gnarly. Maybe I'm naive, but that's just my opinion on things. I also have faith that this nation will correct itself, politically. I think that we will find common ground eventually, that the people will take the power back. It's just going to take time.

No I think you are right.  Republicans aren't going to rubber stamp crazy.  In the end most of these men and women in Congress don't want the ship rocked too much.  They are quite comfortable and want to remain that way.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall