Poll: liver?
hate
indifferent
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liver?
Seems to be a "hate it" or "love it" food.

When it comes to taste there is no "good" or "bad" (I am talking about the difference between different foods/drinks, not the levels of quality of a specific food/drink). When I cook for a group I try to keep things simple so most people will like it. But one time when I was making a Thanksgiving meal I cut up all the turkey giblets (which includes the liver) and put them in the gravy. One girl immediately said "There is live in this isn't there." I felt bad because I know liver has a strong flavor and just a little bit can effect the taste.

So how do you feel about liver
Reply/Quote
I try not to use the word "hate" much; but it applies to liver.

My dad loved them, but could only get them at restaurants; as my mom couldn't stand making them.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I love fried liver and onions. My wife won’t cook them because she hates the smell.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 01:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I love fried liver and onions. My wife won’t cook them because she hates the smell.

I did not used to like it, which probably had to do with the way my mom prepared it (dried out, tough and leathery). Then I went to a five-star Italian restaurant in town and gave it a try there. Wow!!! It is like the only thing I have ordered at that restaurant since. It was freaking ecstasy  for the tongue!

In my experience, liver just needs a little extra research and prep from the cook to go from 'ugh' to 'wow!'. I suppose you could say that about many other foods. But with liver, the difference seems more dramatic.

Also, it is supposed to be pretty healthy for you.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I feel like it is a health food I need to eat. But I hated it so much. I haven't tried it since I was a kid and taste buds change but I remember hating the smell like some have reference. It's probably time to give it a try again like the 5 star Italian restaurant or maybe raw right out of the kill like the movies.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2021, 09:23 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I feel like it is a health food I need to eat. But I hated it so much. I haven't tried it since I was a kid and taste buds change but I remember hating the smell like some have reference. It's probably time to give it a try again like the 5 star Italian restaurant or maybe raw right out of the kill like the movies.

Nah man just grab some   braunschweiger  from the grocery put a few slices on some bread with some mustard and you're good to go.
Reply/Quote
Nope.

Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope.

I LOVE blood pudding, blood sausage and Haggis.

But I won't touch any other offal. Ugh. I have to make a Milanese tripe dish in the coming months, but I'm not looking forward to it
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote