Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The mystery of inflation
How could anybody who has any business acumen see this crazy inflation coming?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/dec/18/trump-heaps-pressure-on-the-federal-reserve-over-interest-rate-rise
Reply/Quote
I would love for anyone who has actual business acumen to answer.

Because the article I linked is after trump’s signature legislation which was permanent tax cuts for the rich and short lived tax cuts for Joe Schmo. Trump said these unpaid for tax cuts were rocket fuel for the economy. He inherited an economy from obama that had record job growth.

How did we go from awesome to presidential interference in monetary policy to failure so quick?
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 12:37 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I would love for anyone who has actual business acumen to answer.

Because the article I linked is after trump’s signature legislation which was permanent tax cuts for the rich and short lived tax cuts for Joe Schmo. Trump said these unpaid for tax cuts were rocket fuel for the economy. He inherited an economy from obama that had record job growth.

How did we go from awesome to presidential interference in monetary policy to failure so quick?

Too many abortions
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 01:22 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Too many abortions

Putin’s price hike.
Reply/Quote
As long as we keep printing money and fostering class warfare amongst the citizens we should be fine. NINJUR ICON
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What exactly are you implying here?  

It seems like you need to understand what inflation is before we talk about how we got here.  

However, I don't think you actually care and you just want to (yet again) shit on Trump/Conservatives.  

If you do actually care then the net is..........Covid.  Sorry to disappoint you.

Covid shutdowns caused:

1. The US economy to shrink by almost 20%
  2. The US to inject 4 TRILLION dollars into the economy 
In addition to that, we were already experiencing incredible wage growth

It's real simple....if you give people more money while also reducing the available goods/services....the cost of things is going to increase.  And that's what inflation is....a measurement of the increase (or decrease) of those goods each month.  

Now this isn't the entire picture...there are a multitude of other factors....none of which relate to the story you linked.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 11:38 PM)basballguy Wrote: What exactly are you implying here?  

It seems like you need to understand what inflation is before we talk about how we got here.  

However, I don't think you actually care and you just want to (yet again) shit on Trump/Conservatives.  

If you do actually care then the net is..........Covid.  Sorry to disappoint you.

Covid shutdowns caused:

1. The US economy to shrink by almost 20%
  2. The US to inject 4 TRILLION dollars into the economy 
In addition to that, we were already experiencing incredible wage growth

It's real simple....if you give people more money while also reducing the available goods/services....the cost of things is going to increase.  And that's what inflation is....a measurement of the increase (or decrease) of those goods each month.  

Now this isn't the entire picture...there are a multitude of other factors....none of which relate to the story you linked.  

I agree 100% Covid played a big part. And still is, china I believe still has shanghai locked down. 23 million people.

My qualm is breaking precedent and the potus publicly applying pressure to the fed because they were doing their job and bumping up rates. And I’m not so certain it didn’t work as rates when back down in 2019.

And now we get to deal with raging inflation and high interest rates. I think a storm was brewing before Covid
Reply/Quote