Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lock Him Up!!
Did he do a "tenth" of what she did?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trumps-national-security-adviser-shared-secrets-without-permission-files-show/2016/12/13/72669740-c146-11e6-9578-0054287507db_story.html?utm_term=.b74d14fbbb46

A secret U.S. military investigation in 2010 determined that Michael T. Flynn, the retired Army general tapped to serve as national security adviser in the Trump White House, “inappropriately shared” classified information with foreign military officers in Afghanistan, newly released documents show.

Although Flynn lacked authorization to share the classified material, he was not disciplined or reprimanded after the investigation concluded that he did not act “knowingly” and that “there was no actual or potential damage to national security as a result,” according to Army records obtained by The Washington Post under the Freedom of Information Act.

Scary
http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-disruptive-career-of-trumps-national-security-adviser

To refresh our memories:

"He was one of the most respected intel officers of his generation. Now he’s leading ‘Lock her up’ chants."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/nearly-the-entire-national-security-establishment-has-rejected-trumpexcept-for-this-man/2016/08/15/d5072d96-5e4b-11e6-8e45-477372e89d78_story.html?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.54b6af415115

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/the-gops-new-convention-theme-lock-her-up/2016/07/20/e4ceb7c0-4e93-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html?utm_term=.677012f2a1c1

Over the convention’s first two nights, a growing number of Republicans called for Hillary Clinton to be imprisoned. One of Trump’s advisers called for her death. The unprecedented tenor for a national political convention has prompted dismay in some corners of the GOP and even launched a Secret Service investigation into a New Hampshire state representative who said Clinton should be shot by a firing squad.

At least three speakers called for the presumptive Democratic nominee’s imprisonment. “Lock her up!” the convention crowd shouted repeatedly on both nights, a chant not heard before at nominee Donald Trump’s rallies.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
The article I read about this yesterday noted Flynn's son (of Pizzagate fame) described this story as fake news.

http://www.businessinsider.com/s?q=Michael+Flynn
(12-15-2016, 11:32 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The article I read about this yesterday noted Flynn's son (of Pizzagate fame) described this story as fake news.

Uh oh, Dill!
(12-15-2016, 11:32 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The article I read about this yesterday noted Flynn's son (of Pizzagate fame) described this story as fake news.

LOL, Flynn's son's vetting skills have not distinguished him lately.

Note also that he is using the new right wing definition of "fake news"--i.e., news you don't like in the Post or Times.

I should add that the furor of Flynn isn't just because the record shows he was reprimanded for sharing intel with
allies, but for a range of activities, like adding his own separate internet line to his office at the Pentagon and attending classified intel briefings while working as a lobbyist for a group of Dutch businesses.

The control of right wing affect seems so total now that a pretext can be used to switch on total hatred of one political figure and totally switched off with respect to another, equally subject to that pretext. 
(12-15-2016, 02:23 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL, Flynn's son's vetting skills have not distinguished him lately.

Note also that he is using the new right wing definition of "fake news"--i.e., news you don't like in the Post or Times.

I should add that the furor of Flynn isn't just because the record shows he was reprimanded for sharing intel with
allies, but for a range of activities, like adding his own separate internet line to his office at the Pentagon and attending classified intel briefings while working as a lobbyist for a group of Dutch businesses.

The control of right wing affect seems so total now that a pretext can be used to switch on total hatred of one political figure and totally switched off with respect to another, equally subject to that pretext. 

Yeah, but that is only 1/9th of what Hillary did. At most. 
Who better to spot fake news than someone who propagates fake news?  The President appoints the FCC chairman. Has Trump selected a candidate, yet? Enquiring minds want to know.
If LTG® Flynn shared secrets with forgien agencies, of which, he was not authorized to share; then he should not be appointed Director.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-15-2016, 04:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If LTG® Flynn shared secrets with forgien agencies, of which, he was not authorized to share; then he should not be appointed Director.

He did not exactly share with foreign agencies. But during combat operations on several occasions he apparently shared intel with allied officers--that could be British, Germans or Czechs, possibly even Afghans.  He says he was not aware of protocol, and I am guessing it was local DIA intel, like who was located in what village and maybe exposing collection methods--still classified though.  But you probably know from personal experience how loose local intel got in Afghanistan. I don't find this disqualifying.

I am more disturbed about the active effort to circumvent security protocol by putting in his own internet line in his office at the Pentagon and attending classified briefings as a private citizen working for foreign interests. Couple that with his volatile behavior at the Pentagon, which got him canned, and I don't find him a good choice for National Security Advisor. Someone steady, a stickler for protocol, needs to be in that role.  
(12-15-2016, 04:32 PM)Dill Wrote: He did not exactly share with foreign agencies. But during combat operations on several occasions he apparently shared intel with allied officers--that could be British, Germans or Czechs, possibly even Afghans.  He says he was not aware of protocol, and I am guessing it was local DIA intel, like who was located in what village and maybe exposing collection methods--still classified though.  But you probably know from personal experience how loose local intel got in Afghanistan. I don't find this disqualifying.

I am more disturbed about the active effort to circumvent security protocol by putting in his own internet line in his office at the Pentagon and attending classified briefings as a private citizen working for foreign interests. Couple that with his volatile behavior at the Pentagon, which got him canned, and I don't find him a good choice for National Security Advisor. Someone steady, a stickler for protocol, needs to be in that role.  

It was with a number to include Austrailia. If he did out of ignorance alone he should be disqaulified. If he did it knowingly then he should be charged.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Is there any reason we can't just lock them both up?
(12-15-2016, 09:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is there any reason we can't just lock them both up?

Well, both were cleared of intentional wrongdoing. 

Clinton is out of power now. I wish there were some way to remove Flynn. Let him continue as a Fox News Commentator.
(12-15-2016, 09:53 PM)Dill Wrote: Well, both were cleared of intentional wrongdoing. 

Clinton is out of power now. I wish there were some way to remove Flynn. Let him continue as a Fox News Commentator.

Lock everyone up.