Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locked On Bengals Mock
Liscow and Rapien had their mock for this week (PFF Sim) and went 4 straight D picks:

Brisker S PSU
Winfrey 3T OU
CTB DB Nebraska
Isaiah Thomas Edge OU
Ferguson TE Wisconsin

Thoughts?

Considering they got Winfrey and CTB in a round later than I expect, I personally enjoy/approve even if it meant we didn't upgrade our strong O even more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Seems I should know who CTB is, but I do not.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems I should know who CTB is, but I do not.

Cam Taylor-Britts?
Reply/Quote
I almost think that is too top heavy D, but they are all good players!
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 10:55 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Cam Taylor-Britts?

Yea. Sorry if I short hand it everyone. Maybe we need RFaulk here to give our draft prospects nicknames in the draft season.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 11:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I almost think that is too top heavy D, but they are all good players!

Eh, it is but we either have top money contracts we need to replace or reallocate funds from so I'd rather live with paying Burrow, Chase, Higgins and 3 OL with elite/above average contracts and just constantly replenish the D with youth. Outside of LG, this years starting O has little to no flaws. D has some spots to fill (3T rotates almost as much as starter and CB to push Apple)
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 11:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I almost think that is too top heavy D, but they are all good players!

In the podcast, they say that several times that it is too D heavy. The problem was the TEs and OL that they wanted to pick kept getting plucked right before their picks.

I personally don't have a problem with the mock draft. Brisker is a bit of a last resort for me, but if the Bengals coaches like him enough to draft him, then I can't disagree with the selection.

I do really like Winfrey, Cam Taylor-Britt and Thomas though.

I don't know who Ferguson is, but if he's a TE with a fairly good athletic profile, you can't hate the selection in the 5th either.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 08:49 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: In the podcast, they say that several times that it is too D heavy. The problem was the TEs and OL that they wanted to pick kept getting plucked right before their picks.

I personally don't have a problem with the mock draft. Brisker is a bit of a last resort for me, but if the Bengals coaches like him enough to draft him, then I can't disagree with the selection.

I do really like Winfrey, Cam Taylor-Britt and Thomas though.

I don't know who Ferguson is, but if he's a TE with a fairly good athletic profile, you can't hate the selection in the 5th either.

This is will entirely be biased by the fact I've watch his film more but at this point I'd rather go Nick Cross in 1 compared to Brisker. But I'll watch more of Brisker's film before I completely write him off.
Reply/Quote
I find it very likely all our top guys are gone in the 1st. Lindenbalm, Elam. I don’t see either being there. Trading down i think isn’t ideal but we may have to do it. I’m sure we have 4-6 guys we’re are taking if they are there at 31. Of all our 1st round targets are gone i see no point in picking in the 1st round
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I’d be pretty excited about this draft if it shook out like this. Would like to have seen who was on the board when they took Thomas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 01:17 PM)Housh Wrote: I find it very likely all our top guys are gone in the 1st. Lindenbalm, Elam. I don’t see either being there. Trading down i think isn’t ideal but we may have to do it. I’m sure we have 4-6 guys we’re are taking if they are there at 31. Of all our 1st round targets are gone i see no point in picking in the 1st round

I have a new thread discussing this
Reply/Quote