Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locker Room post game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
You gotta love the only one game ball today.... "DEFENSE!" right before "Evan McPherson baby" lol
Reply/Quote
Want 2 more of these.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zack’s playoff wins equal his 2019 wins.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I love that CJ calls Burrow “Franchise”

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:16 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Zack’s playoff wins equal his 2019 wins.

And I watched all 4 of those games.  I'm the man.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I love that CJ calls Burrow “Franchise”

You beat me to it. I've heard him do that a couple of times. I love it.
Reply/Quote
Talk about balls lol. Shooter McPherson makes you want to buy a kickers Jersey and wear it proudly.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Love the bandwagon transfer form.. lol
I tried to post it..maybe someone else can. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:54 AM)Synric Wrote: Talk about balls lol. Shooter McPherson makes you want to buy a kickers Jersey and wear it proudly.

why not?  I'm sure the Ravens fans wear Tucker jerseys.

Joe Burrow and Evan McPherson look like they should be playing for a middle school team not the NFL.  I swear they look like they are 12. Or maybe I'm just getting old

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I love that CJ calls Burrow “Franchise”

Yeah, I guess one of the new monikers is "Joe Franchise" per the media outlets. Fortunately "Joe" is a universal nickname "puzzle piece," i.e., "Joe Cool", etc. We got lucky with the marketability.  Tongue
Reply/Quote

CJ's grown himself.

The Cincinnati Bengals selected Uzomah in the fifth round (157th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft. He was the seventh tight end selected in 2015 and the second tight end drafted by the Bengals that year, behind Rutgers' Tyler Kroft (third round, 85th overall).. 2015. On May 15, 2015, the Cincinnati Bengals signed Uzomah to a four-year, $2.49 million contract with a signing bonus of $212,762.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:59 AM)pally Wrote: why not?  I'm sure the Ravens fans wear Tucker jerseys.

Joe Burrow and Evan McPherson look like they should be playing for a middle school team not the NFL.  I swear they look like they are 12. Or maybe I'm just getting old

And our head coach gets ID’d to go into bars… LOL

Reply/Quote
Does CJ kiss his mom with that mouth? Smirk

Good to see the unity in the locker room.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:57 AM)grampahol Wrote: Love the bandwagon transfer form.. lol
I tried to post it..maybe someone else can. 

That reminds me of a fun story for me.

In 2003, I watched the second game of the season against the Raiders at a bar with a buddy of mine who is a Raiders fan.  This bar was on the other side of town from where I normally watched the games, but it was where he and the local Raiders Booster club watched the games.  I lived half way between the two places, so it was fine with me to go there.  They were all great guys, and we unfortuantely lost by 3 despite an incredibly bad officiating call.  They all acknowledged they would not have won without the bad call and were gracious in their victory.  This was a late game, as it was in Oakland.  As we arrived to the bar, I noticed a stupid amount of Steelers fans, and my buddy told me they were a local booster club and met there weekly as well.

So two weeks later, the place I normally went to literally turned our game off against the Browns on the third play of the game, claiming no one was watching it and someone who had been there for some time wanted a better view of the Cowboys game.  Now, I had been there since 11:00 and already had quite the tab run up, AND I knew the guy who asked for the TV to be turned.  He was a friend of a friend, who came over to me to say hello as soon as he got there... 6 minutes before kick off!  Even the bartenders pointed out to the manager that I had been going there for 2 seasons and had been watching that TV for several hours, but he didn't care.  So I told him to go eff himself, paid my tab, and left.  I tried a couple of places nearby and couldn't find a place where I could see the game, so I headed out to where I had watched the Raiders game, knowing that it would be on a couple of screens since that Steelers group liked to have all of the division games viewable.

I caught the end of the game, Marvin's first victory, and decided I would give that place my business for as long as they were being good to me.  The following week I watched our loss to Buffalo there, alongside the neighbors of one Dan Ross.  Nice older couple who were big Bills fans and stopped in the area on their way home from visiting an adult child.  They had stopped for the night nearby, and were taking the day off from travel because it was game day.  At that point I new I liked the place.

I was there every week.  Week 11 a young unknown Bengal by the name of Chad Johnson guaranteed a victory against the undefeated Chiefs.  The Steelers fans, who knew the Chiefs were an obstacle to them, were cheering alongside of me the whole way.  The Raiders fans, who steadily trickled in throughout the second half, were also cheering alongside me as their division rival was defeated.  Yup, pretty cool place.

So now, to get to the point of this story, the Bengals sat at 6-5, going into Pittsburgh to take on the Steelers who had already defeated us in Cincinnati earlier in the season.  The Bengals took an early lead into half time, but in the second half Pittsburgh fought back.  With 4 minutes to go, Pittsburgh got the ball and started methodically marching the length of the field.  At this point in time, the majority of the Raiders boosters were all there pulling for us to hold on, but their heads were also starting to hang low seeing what looked like the inevitable end.  With just over one minute left on the clock, Pittsburgh scored a TD to take the lead.  At that point, one of the Steelers fans passed me a clipboard, saying "Here's our membership form, you may as well sign up with a winner", and their whole group exploded into laughter and applause.  Every non Steelers fan in the bar began to cheer with sheer insanity as Jon Kitna then led the offense quickly down the field to endzone with less than half a minute to go.  Pittsburgh's offense got on the field with 10 seconds or so left, and the place went beserk when the clock went to zero and the Bengals were victorious.  I quickly grabbed a pen off the table and scribbled something on a cocktail napkin.  I stood up, turned to the same gentleman who handed my the clipboard, and loudly expressed while passing him the napkin "Here's our sign up sheet, so ya'll can come join a winner!".  THE ENTIRE BAR WENT CRAZY AT THAT MOMENT!

So yeah, long ass story about the band wagon transfer form!
Reply/Quote
By the way, has anyone else noticed how much it seems the players TRULY enjoy the Who Dey chant after a victory?!?!?
Reply/Quote
Should have been 3 game balls, McPherson, BURROW, and the defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:54 AM)Synric Wrote: Talk about balls lol. Shooter McPherson makes you want to buy a kickers Jersey and wear it proudly.

Looks like many in Cincinnati agree with you

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Does CJ kiss his mom with that mouth? Smirk

Good to see the unity in the locker room.

That ain't the only mom he kisses with that mouth...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Gave the ball to the right guy. Shooter McPherson, keep it up. Out kick Butker this next game mang! Cool
Reply/Quote