Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lodolo getting ready for season
https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/nick-lodolo-returning-from-leg-injury

"My arm is ahead of my leg so it’s like what that tells us what we can do and how we can progress, my arm is ready for it," Lodolo said.

Sounds like leg is still a touch gimpy but feeling better. Fingers crossed he can return somewhat early in season, we need it.

Also heard Marte will be out for first several games of S.T. Hope we can have a much healthier season this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marte suffered that hamstring injury in late November iirc too. Wouldn't surprise me one bit, paired with the recent India extension, if he starts the season out in AAA. No real reason to rush the top prospect, we're covered pretty well in the infield.
I'm most interested in the reports that Greene is developing TWO new pitches. DJ has him working on a curve ball and Montas has been helping him with a cutter. I feel like a big 12-6 curve would REALLY help him, paired with that high FB and the cutter puts movement on his lightning fast FB. Hope he does well!
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2024, 09:47 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Marte suffered that hamstring injury in late November iirc too. Wouldn't surprise me one bit, paired with the recent India extension, if he starts the season out in AAA. No real reason to rush the top prospect, we're covered pretty well in the infield.
I'm most interested in the reports that Greene is developing TWO new pitches. DJ has him working on a curve ball and Montas has been helping him with a cutter. I feel like a big 12-6 curve would REALLY help him, paired with that high FB and the cutter puts movement on his lightning fast FB. Hope he does well!

Yep ! Greene desperately needs that 3rd off speed pitch he can throw for strikes. You can get by with two pitches as a reliver, but you really need that 3rd pitch as a starter. And even a 4th pitch doesn't hurt.

Fingers crossed our pitching can stay healthy and take that next step this season. If they do it could be a really good season, for a change.
Reply/Quote
I hope other players are also getting ready for the season.

[Image: ba-dum-tsss-drum.gif]
Reply/Quote
If the pitching staff holds up well AND the big 3 of Lowder, Phillips and Petty can manage to blow away the minor league they're going to scare the bejesus out of the rest of the division.. 
I'm not hoping for too much by hoping every player in the Reds organization has the greatest season of their entire professional careers am I? ?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 12:36 PM)grampahol Wrote: If the pitching staff holds up well AND the big 3 of Lowder, Phillips and Petty can manage to blow away the minor league they're going to scare the bejesus out of the rest of the division.. 
I'm not hoping for too much by hoping every player in the Reds organization has the greatest season of their entire professional careers am I? ?

Nope

2010-13 the last time the Reds were anything at all, was quite some time ago. And even then they were bumped out of the playoffs in epic fashion every time, wasn't really even close.

It's time, to say the least.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 12:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nope

2010-13 the last time the Reds were anything at all, was quite some time ago. And even then they were bumped out of the playoffs in epic fashion every time, wasn't really even close.

It's time, to say the least.

Which makes it hard to follow the team. I think the current Reds squad will be fun to watch but I'm doubtful the playoffs, yet alone winning in the post season, happens.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited about a baseball season.

I feel like we are due. This seems like a young and exciting team loaded with potential. Hopefully they can keep me interested all season.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 01:15 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Which makes it hard to follow the team. I think the current Reds squad will be fun to watch but I'm doubtful the playoffs, yet alone winning in the post season, happens.

(02-21-2024, 11:02 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited about a baseball season.

I feel like we are due. This seems like a young and exciting team loaded with potential. Hopefully they can keep me interested all season.

Here I go again, haha. I believe it all comes down to the pitching. If these young pitchers take that next step we could make some noise.

We'll see
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 08:18 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Here I go again, haha. I believe it all comes down to the pitching. If these young pitchers take that next step we could make some noise.

We'll see

No argument from me, it boils down to pitching.
Reply/Quote