Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Weeks Away!!!
I can't believe the season is only two weeks away. With such a strange offseason, and with no pre-season, it still feels like we should be two months out. I know what the calendar says, and what the date is, but it's almost hard to believe we're so close to kickoff.

I can't wait!!! And I think we all fall into the same boat there. We can actually start to have real discussions about real football!

With all of the talk about Covid, and will they play or wont they; will there be fans or not; we can finally move on to something else here on the board.

I'm sure like most of you, my life the last 6 months has been a non-stop barrage of repetitive talking points. Covid, Trump, Biden, George Floyd, Minneapolis, Portland, etc. And that's not to say none of these things aren't important or worthy of discussion. I'm just pointing out that these topics have dominated the discussion pretty much everywhere.

Regardless of whatever your opinion is on any of the above, I think you have to admit that gets to be a bit much. It's like "Alright, I get it already. You think this, I think this, that person thinks this, they said this..." How many times can we all go around in circles here?

Now I know for quite a few people in this country that football does not serve as entertainment or an escape. But for guys like us on here it does. It's going to be great to have a few hours a week to get back some normalcy from such a chaotic year. It's going to be nice to have a break from things.

I'll wrap it up here. Two weeks can't come soon enough. I'm looking forward to cracking a beer and seeing this new era of the Bengals. I'm looking forward to hearing Al and Chris on Sunday Night Football. I'm looking forward to setting my fantasy lineups. And I'm looking forward to shit talking my buddies (from 6ft away or more) about their crappy ass teams.

T-Minus 336 hours and 47 mintues to kickoff...
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 04:13 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I can't believe the season is only two weeks away.  With such a strange offseason, and with no pre-season, it still feels like we should be two months out.  I know what the calendar says, and what the date is, but it's almost hard to believe we're so close to kickoff.

I can't wait!!!  And I think we all fall into the same boat there.  We can actually start to have real discussions about real football!

With all of the talk about Covid, and will they play or wont they; will there be fans or not; we can finally move on to something else here on the board.

I'm sure like most of you, my life the last 6 months has been a non-stop barrage of repetitive talking points.  Covid, Trump, Biden, George Floyd, Minneapolis, Portland, etc.  And that's not to say none of these things aren't important or worthy of discussion.  I'm just pointing out that these topics have dominated the discussion pretty much everywhere.  

Regardless of whatever your opinion is on any of the above, I think you have to admit that gets to be a bit much.  It's like "Alright, I get it already. You think this, I think this, that person thinks this." How many times can we all go around in circles here?

Now I know for quite a few people in this country that football does not serve as entertainment or an escape.  But for guys like us on here it does.  It's going to be great to have a few hours a week to get back some normalcy from such a chaotic year.

I'll wrap it here. Two weeks can't come soon enough.  I'm looking forward to cracking a beer and seeing this new era of the Bengals.  I'm looking forward to hearing Al and Chris on Sunday Night Football.  I'm looking forward to setting my fantasy lineups.  And I'm looking forward to shit talking my buddies (from 6ft away or more) about their crappy ass teams.

T-Minus 336 hours and 47 mintues to kickoff...

Frickin' awesome thread Wes. So excited this year with the new leader and the Free Agency where they actually went out there 
and got some great vets in their prime. I don't know what this season will foretell but man that is what makes it even more exciting
than usual. With, Burrow, Reader, Tee, Bynes, Wilson, ADG, Bailey, Alexander, Vonn frickin' Bell, hopefully a healthy AJ Green and 
John Ross who wouldn't be excited if you are a Bengal fan?

I think we are in for a cool season and as long as we improve a lot I will be excited for the future which I believe definitely happens.

The sky is the limit. Cool
Reply/Quote
If Burrow can engineer a win over the Chargers week 1 that will really give this team some momentum heading into.week 2'
Im most excited to see a healthy and dangerous WR step on.the field. Especially Tee Higgins.
Defensively we can watch actual solid LB play. No more Brown and Vigil looking slow and helpless out there.
Reply/Quote
I can't wait for big time fartball! I even took Burrow as bench QB in my fantasy league today! OOOOOOOO WOWZA!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 04:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I even took Burrow as bench QB in my fantasy league today!  OOOOOOOO WOWZA!

What round did you take him?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 04:25 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If Burrow can engineer a win over the Chargers week 1 that will really give this team some momentum heading into.week 2'
Im most excited to see a healthy and dangerous WR step on.the field. Especially Tee Higgins.
Defensively we can watch actual solid LB play. No more Brown and Vigil looking slow and helpless out there.

Getting a win week 1 would be nice. It took until what...week 12 last year? Just absolutely brutal. Really made me want to check out pretty early on.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 04:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What round did you take him?

Pretty late.  We are in a 10-team league that starts 2 QBs a week, so having 3 or even 4 QBs is logical.  I took Burrow rather than another bench RB or WR, but I actually like the idea of having Mahommes and then Stafford to clean up with garbage stats and then I have Burrow just to fuel the longstanding hype and the "why the hell not" factor.

Seems like a better use of a late pick than some 3rd string RB.
Reply/Quote
Can't wait! I've been perfectly fine with no pre-season games this year due to Bengals social media team being amazing.

I do think we get a W to begin Burrows career. I'm not scared of Tyrod Taylor our defense should force a turnover or 2!

Burrow will have an early pick bringing in the doubters but in the 2nd half he finds his groove and throws 2 TD's for a Win.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 04:44 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Can't wait! I've been perfectly fine with no pre-season games this year due to Bengals social media team being amazing.

I do think we get a W to begin Burrows career. I'm not scared of Tyrod Taylor our defense should force a turnover or 2!

Burrow will have an early pick bringing in the doubters but in the 2nd half he finds his groove and throws 2 TD's for a Win.

It’s not Tyrod I’m scared of...

[Image: 1195664025.jpg.0.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 04:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not Tyrod I’m scared of...

[Image: 1195664025.jpg.0.jpg]
Jonah saying, "I got this!"
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 04:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Pretty late.  We are in a 10-team league that starts 2 QBs a week, so having 3 or even 4 QBs is logical.  I took Burrow rather than another bench RB or WR, but I actually like the idea of having Mahommes and then Stafford to clean up with garbage stats and then I have Burrow just to fuel the longstanding hype and the "why the hell not" factor.

Seems like a better use of a late pick than some 3rd string RB.

Ha. I also took Burrow but to be my starter (Goff as a reserve in case Burrow is handicapped early). Round 10 of a 10 man league.

Maybe a homer choice but in that league, like 10 QBs went in the first 3 rounds so I stalked up elsewhere. And yes, some people (not rookie fantasy players surprisingly) took 2 QBs early.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 07:39 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Ha. I also took Burrow but to be my starter (Goff as a reserve in case Burrow is handicapped early). Round 10 of a 10 man league.

Maybe a homer choice but in that league, like 10 QBs went in the first 3 rounds so I stalked up elsewhere. And yes, some people (not rookie fantasy players surprisingly) took 2 QBs early.

I hope they let Burrow let er rip and learn. If the guy has a low INT stat we are likely to be whining that the offense is way too conservative. 

I picture some doozie weeks where he has like 4 TDs and 3 INTs.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 08:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hope they let Burrow let er rip and learn. If the guy has a low INT stat we are likely to be whining that the offense is way too conservative. 

I picture some doozie weeks where he has like 4 TDs and 3 INTs.

I'm completely okay with that or some where its 1/3 as longer as the team is playing well overall. He'll, I have Kamara, D. Adams, and Nuk. I'm pretty sure I can handle a bad QB week.
Reply/Quote
Boyd is a number 1 borderline elite number 2. Talent wise he may be 4th best receiver on his own team. even Auden Tate as a number 5 option may keep a few defensive coordinators up at night
Reply/Quote
I can't wait and don't work Mondays at the moment so will be able to stay up and watch the games live .
Reply/Quote
Burrow to Green will soon be my next talking point... I'm tired of the other ones.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote