Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Wilson
(08-17-2022, 10:23 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Come on, LL; you ARE aware he had a torn labrum and played through it, right?

Playing poorly while injured is still playing poorly, Truck. 

Also I did bring up that he's missed 4 games in each of his two seasons. That's a negative, not an excuse. Playing poorly/being inactive for 11/17 regular season games is a red flag that makes me hesitate on playing the hype game yet. 

Sunset is talking about paying the guy like a pass rushing OLB, bringing up $19m/yr+.
Tony brought up the defense falling apart when he wasn't on the field, they allowed 19.5 points per game in the 4 games he was inactive.

Just seems to be a bit too much hype for a guy who hasn't had a single full season of good play yet, your thumbs down to my post (I mean, really?) or not.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 12:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Playing poorly while injured is still playing poorly, Truck. 

Also I did bring up that he's missed 4 games in each of his two seasons. That's a negative, not an excuse. Playing poorly/being inactive for 11/17 regular season games is a red flag that makes me hesitate on playing the hype game yet. 

Sunset is talking about paying the guy like a pass rushing OLB, bringing up $19m/yr+.
Tony brought up the defense falling apart when he wasn't on the field, they allowed 19.5 points per game in the 4 games he was inactive.

Just seems to be a bit too much hype for a guy who hasn't had a single full season of good play yet, your thumbs down to my post (I mean, really?) or not.

Well, for that money, I wouldn't sign ANY current off-ball LB in the league lol.

As mentioned in the past, I'm not a big contract guy, but I would think 12-15 mil a year would be more than sufficient.

Until he has a CJ Mosley-esque year, he isn't worth more than that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 12:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Playing poorly while injured is still playing poorly, Truck. 

So your one of the guys that would have rathered him sit out...  To protect himself like Baker should have done last year?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 01:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So your one of the guys that would have rathered him sit out...  To protect himself like Baker should have done last year?

If you're going to play injured, injury isn't a good excuse for bad play. If you're going to play poorly, then you shouldn't play.

I said the exact same thing when Geno was out there in 2020 playing poorly with one arm. It's not about protecting himself, it's about what's best for the team. Yes Baker should have sat too, broken ass Baker wasn't better than healthy Case Keenum.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 01:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If you're going to play injured, injury isn't a good excuse for bad play. If you're going to play poorly, then you shouldn't play.

I said the exact same thing when Geno was out there in 2020 playing poorly with one arm. It's not about protecting himself, it's about what's best for the team. Yes Baker should have sat too, broken ass Baker wasn't better than healthy Case Keenum.

Does it hurt the team to play poorly because you are injured?  Yes.

But is it silly to judge a player's value based on how he played while he was injured? Also, yes.
Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson also had 39 tackles (29 solo) 4 TFLs 1 QB hit 1 INT in the post season. He was very good in the Super Bowl in particular.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Need Logan healthy for a full year before we know just HOW good he is. Man, when he plays healthy he is really frickin'
good and makes me proud of my state. He was hurt from the Chargers game on and was a major factor in us getting to
the SuperBowl and nearly winning it. BS call not withstanding.
Reply/Quote
After a practice that had 3 fights/scuffles and 4 INTs, Logan kicked the guys out of meetings tomorrow

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 06:06 PM)pally Wrote: After a practice that had 3 fights/scuffles  and 4 INTs, Logan kicked the guys out of meetings tomorrow

Nice, sounds like they deserved it. The one thing about Logan is he is already a leader for us.

Also, nice to have an emergency Kicker. Never knew he could kick FG's until the last week or so, pretty cool. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 09:55 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Very good news

Very, very good news indeed.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 06:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice, sounds like they deserved it. The one thing about Logan is he is already a leader for us.

Also, nice to have an emergency Kicker. Never knew he could kick FG's until the last week or so, pretty cool. Smirk

He said he has kicked a 53 yard FG in a game and 60 yards in practice

He was an all-state punter in high school as well.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This freakin place..... years without a decent linebacking corp., and when we finally have one guys are talking about letting our best one go. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 12:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This freakin place.....  years without a decent linebacking corp., and when we finally have one guys are talking about letting our best one go. Shocked

Logan Wilson is our Backup Kicker he not going anywhere lol
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 12:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This freakin place.....  years without a decent linebacking corp., and when we finally have one guys are talking about letting our best one go. Shocked

Logan is the other guy we HAVE to keep I think besides Burrow and Chase of the young guys.
Reply/Quote
100% he is a must to re-sign

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

It's not the sexy position. People would rather buy jerseys than win football games.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 07:58 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: It's not the sexy position. People would rather buy jerseys than win football games.

Kay Adams would disagree lol

Plus, he DID play well when he was injured unlike TLL said. TLL is one of my fave posters on here but Logan Wilson was a 
huge part in our run to the SuperBowl and even having a chance to win it AND he was playing hurt the entire time. This guy
is ALWAYS around the ball with great instincts and he is crazy young to have such smarts and leadership.

Logan has been MUCH better than I thought he would coming out of Wyoming and I wanted him in stripes before we got 
him. But he has been much more pro ready and a big time playmaker for us at the LB position. Led us in INT's last year.

I want this guy extended as soon as possible and what Truck said sounds just about right in money. Logan, Burrow and 
Chase need to be here a long damn time.
Reply/Quote
When you find a field general linebacker you tend to want to keep them and historically they tend to stay with their team because they become such important pieces.

I see no world in which we don’t resign Logan
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 06:34 PM)Tony Wrote: We can't just let the defense fall apart because of Burrow, Chase and Higgins.. Higgins is gonna get paid elsewhere. No way they can keep him and Chase both..

They can but at the cost of not having much else around them.

At some point tough choices are going to have to be made but if K.C. wins their division again this season and Green Bay performs well, I think it makes some of the future decisions easier. If those two teams stumble, then you have to really crunch numbers and make tough calls.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 07:58 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: It's not the sexy position. People would rather buy jerseys than win football games.

Maybe casuals. But DJ Reader plays possibly the least sexy position on the field, and he’s hugely popular among hardcore fans.

Reply/Quote