Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Logan Wilson
Logan who was a no-show to OTAs yesterday is at the facility today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 02:01 PM)pally Wrote: Logan who was a no-show to OTAs yesterday is at the facility today

He's up for an extension too right
Reply/Quote
I could be wrong about this and probably am, but I wouldn't be surprised if Logan was the odd man out when it comes to all these extensions. Maybe he's the next Bates in that he'll be tagged once or twice, and then grab his bag somewhere else. The draft may tell us a lot about that. I've been eyeing MIKEs like To'o To'o, Campbell and even Sanders, for example, and can't help but wonder if the War Room is doing the same. No one's really talking about LBs and the silence is deafening to me. With a $50 MM quarterback moving forward the budget will get increasingly tighter, and this could be the year where we do for Logan what we did for Bates/Bell last year: draft his successor. /Insert Kendall Roy meme here./
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 03:02 PM)tms Wrote: I could be wrong about this and probably am, but I wouldn't be surprised if Logan was the odd man out when it comes to all these extensions. Maybe he's the next Bates in that he'll be tagged once or twice, and then grab his bag somewhere else. The draft may tell us a lot about that. I've been eyeing MIKEs like To'o To'o, Campbell and even Sanders, for example, and can't help but wonder if the War Room is doing the same. No one's really talking about LBs and the silence is deafening to me. With a $50 MM quarterback moving forward the budget will get increasingly tighter, and this could be the year where we do for Logan what we did for Bates/Bell last year: draft his successor. /Insert Kendall Roy meme here./

I think if this is the case, Logan's shoulder is the question. But if his shoulder is all good, he has done everything to be extended.

Younger than Germaine as well. But the shoulder would be the only reason why we don't extend Logan and go the tag route.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 03:02 PM)tms Wrote: I could be wrong about this and probably am, but I wouldn't be surprised if Logan was the odd man out when it comes to all these extensions. Maybe he's the next Bates in that he'll be tagged once or twice, and then grab his bag somewhere else. The draft may tell us a lot about that. I've been eyeing MIKEs like To'o To'o, Campbell and even Sanders, for example, and can't help but wonder if the War Room is doing the same. No one's really talking about LBs and the silence is deafening to me. With a $50 MM quarterback moving forward the budget will get increasingly tighter, and this could be the year where we do for Logan what we did for Bates/Bell last year: draft his successor. /Insert Kendall Roy meme here./

We know this thread will be a lot of speculation but this is very possible.  Logan has indeed done his part but let's see where negotiations go.  If they extend Burrow and Higgins, they may hit a wall with a number for Wilson.  The tag is too high to justify for even a great WLB since the sack artists will inflate the market.  

Sounds crazy, but for all the talk of Higgins getting dealt they could do so with n.  Maybe they see Pratt as more than a 2 down guy long term for the cost and can find value in the draft.  More likely they play the year out going for it all, but a tag may not be a lock for Wilson even if Tee extends. 

Reply/Quote
The fact that he doesn't get sacks could keep his price down somewhat.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 03:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The fact that he doesn't get sacks could keep his price down somewhat.

Why would he need sacks especially with this defensive scheme? Besides being excellent against the run and a sure tackle guy, he provides a skill set that few LB's in the league have and that's his ability to cover both in front of him and downfield. He's a very key player in this defense.
Reply/Quote
Katie has already said they are going to work on his extension
Reply/Quote
He saw what kind of season Pratt had and still didn't get a huge payday. He should be easier to sign than most posters on here think. He knows that he's got Joe Burrow here and little bit more money from another team can't replace that.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 03:59 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Why would he need sacks especially with this defensive scheme? Besides being excellent against the run and a sure tackle guy, he provides a skill set that few LB's in the league have and that's his ability to cover both in front of him and downfield. He's a very key player in this defense.

True, Logan isn't a pass rusher, this is the scheme he is meant to be in. Dude is a leader on top of everything you list Higgy.

He can also read QB's get interceptions and cause Turnovers, which is where a lot of his value comes from, same as Germaine.

(04-18-2023, 04:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Katie has already said they are going to work on his extension

Good. I want to buy a Logan Wilson jersey, but will wait until an extension is reached or might just buy one anyway just because 
he is a fellow Wyomingite and a Bengal. I don't get to see this often. Damn good player in his own right, makes me proud.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 04:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, Logan isn't a pass rusher, this is the scheme he is meant to be in. Dude is a leader on top of everything you list Higgy.

He can also read QB's get interceptions and cause Turnovers, which is where a lot of his value comes from, same as Germaine.

Good. I want to buy a Logan Wilson jersey, but will wait until an extension is reached or might just buy one anyway just because 
he is a fellow Wyomingite and a Bengal.
I don't get to see this often. Damn good player in his own right, makes me proud.

I really want to get a Color Rush jersey, but they only seem to have a select few players, and are frequently out of stock.
I was thinking Wilson, although I really want a McPherson (or an Ocho Cinco :) ).
I haven't seen one for McPherson at all, and I don't recall seeing Wilson available in a long time.
Too bad they don't let you do a fully customized one like the normal jerseys.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 06:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I really want to get a Color Rush jersey, but they only seem to have a select few players, and are frequently out of stock.
I was thinking Wilson, although I really want a McPherson (or an Ocho Cinco :) ).
I haven't seen one for McPherson at all, and I don't recall seeing Wilson available in a long time.
Too bad they don't let you do a fully customized one like the normal jerseys.

Yeah, would love a fully customized Wilson jersey...

And the white color rush would be amazing, but hey, will take a regular Wilson jersey just the same and be happy about it.

HAVE TO REPRESENT!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 04:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, Logan isn't a pass rusher, this is the scheme he is meant to be in. Dude is a leader on top of everything you list Higgy.

he is a fellow Wyomingite and a Bengal. I don't get to see this often. Damn good player in his own right, makes me proud.

I believe it's been talked about since mid-season, by the beat writers, but the expectation is that if Logan gets extended, it'll be during TC.

Considering how long the Bengals have looked for a good Mike backer, I don't expect them to let Logan go at all. He'll definitely get extended.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 08:33 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I believe it's been talked about since mid-season, by the beat writers, but the expectation is that if Logan gets extended, it'll be during TC.

Considering how long the Bengals have looked for a good Mike backer, I don't expect them to let Logan go at all. He'll definitely get extended.

So I hope they extend him. I think they should.

At a certain point, you can't keep everyone though as we saw with Bates and Bell.

I kind of thought Pratt was gone too. But, he stayed. Really hard to predict at this point. Depends on what Wilson wants.
Reply/Quote
Wilson and Pratt have made a fantastic tandem for the Bengals. They are the epitome of what you want an off-ball LB to be, except maybe ideally getting even more turnovers.

Wilson though should not get much more than what Pratt got, if anything to be fair to Pratt.
2021 they played about the same number of snaps, and they put up about identical stats. Wilson was better in coverage though.
2022 Wilson played 231 more snaps than Pratt, but he only had 24 more tackles and less PDs and turnovers than Pratt.

Pratt signed for 3 years, $20.25 mill. $6.75 mill APY
If Wilson ends up getting closer to $9 mill or $10 mill APY, I'd be a little irritated if I'm Pratt. Although I guess you could argue he could/should have negotiated better.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 02:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wilson and Pratt have made a fantastic tandem for the Bengals. They are the epitome of what you want an off-ball LB to be, except maybe ideally getting even more turnovers.

Wilson though should not get much more than what Pratt got, if anything to be fair to Pratt.
2021 they played about the same number of snaps, and they put up about identical stats. Wilson was better in coverage though.
2022 Wilson played 231 more snaps than Pratt, but he only had 24 more tackles and less PDs and turnovers than Pratt.

If Wilson ends up getting closer to $9 mill or $10 mill APY, I'd be a little irritated if I'm Pratt. Although I guess you could argue he could/should have negotiated better.

But in a passing league the numbers speak for themselves. Huge reliance on a LB that in today's game brings not only the wood in run support but damn near plays the passing game like a S. LW will get a significantly bigger contract than Pratt, imo.
Reply/Quote
Logan hasn't played an entire year in his career. Seems to get knicked up a bit.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 03:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The fact that he doesn't get sacks could keep his price down somewhat.

If we rushed him 15 times a game and he got no sacks you’d have a point but we rarely ever rush him. We would look stupid trying to hold his sack numbers against him. It would be bad business practice.

That’d be like the Ravens telling Lamer he can’t get a max deal because he doesn’t pass block. Like homie, he’s not asked to do that.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 02:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wilson and Pratt have made a fantastic tandem for the Bengals. They are the epitome of what you want an off-ball LB to be, except maybe ideally getting even more turnovers.

Wilson is an every down LB and wears the dot on his helmet. Almost every game has some instances when Wilson is the only LB on the field for the Bengals defense. He's going to get more than Pratt unless the medical staff know something about the condition of his shoulder that hasn't been made public.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Katie also kept saying they were working on extending Bates for 2 years and.... well....

I think that's just "GM" talk. That doesn't mean a deal will get done.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote