Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Logan Wilson
(04-18-2023, 03:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The fact that he doesn't get sacks could keep his price down somewhat.

Just because they don't send him on blitzes often doesn't mean he can't get sacks.  I mean, there's no reason to try to brand him 'Logan the Sackless'.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 04:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, Logan isn't a pass rusher, this is the scheme he is meant to be in. Dude is a leader on top of everything you list Higgy.

He can also read QB's get interceptions and cause Turnovers, which is where a lot of his value comes from, same as Germaine.

Good. I want to buy a Logan Wilson jersey, but will wait until an extension is reached or might just buy one anyway just because 
he is a fellow Wyomingite and a Bengal. I don't get to see this often. Damn good player in his own right, makes me proud.

Huh! So that's what they call Wyominians..never woulda guessed Wyomingites it a hundered years.. and I lived in Montana for a year where men are men and women are sheep...
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 09:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just because they don't send him on blitzes often doesn't mean he can't get sacks.  I mean, there's no reason to try to brand him 'Logan the Sackless'.

With this said, if he was good at it, we would already know and he’d be rushing more.

But I’m not ready to just assume he’s trash. We literally never ask him to rush. I’d love to know his blitz snaps per year. I feel like Iv never noticed him blitzing in all these years. I think the only time i remember him rushing was when he got a pick against Pittsburg. I’m pretty sure he was ok rush assignment then but he gave up mid rush and backed into coverage and got the one handed diving pick.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 09:34 AM)grampahol Wrote: Huh! So that's what they call Wyominians..never woulda guessed Wyomingites it a hundered years.. and I lived in Montana for a year where men are men and women are sheep...

I prefer the term "Wyomingnomes" (Don't hate me Nate)  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This thread made me want to watch some highlights so i found a good video and when i see the plays he makes and the angles he takes on tackles. I am just overwhelmed by how solid Logan is. He’s also a big play linebacker. Sure tackler but also a MENACE in pass coverage. If i were coaching him he would play 100% of the snaps for my team. He is really like that.

It may not be fair to him but thank god he doesn’t get many sacks. If this dude could rush the passer he would be in line for a legendary, Vonn Miller type deal.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 10:50 AM)Housh Wrote: With this said, if he was good at it, we would already know and he’d be rushing more.

But I’m not ready to just assume he’s trash. We literally never ask him to rush. I’d love to know his blitz snaps per year. I feel like Iv never noticed him blitzing in all these years. I think the only time i remember him rushing was when he got a pick against Pittsburg. I’m pretty sure he was ok rush assignment then but he gave up mid rush and backed into coverage and got the one handed diving pick.

They rarely send any of the ILB on blitzes.  That underneath, middle of the field zone was where so many teams were getting drive extending plays prior to 2021.  Lou simply decided that we were going to cover that zone, rather than give away easy 1st downs to teams.  That's the reason, I believe for not sending Wilson after the QB.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 08:33 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I believe it's been talked about since mid-season, by the beat writers, but the expectation is that if Logan gets extended, it'll be during TC.

Considering how long the Bengals have looked for a good Mike backer, I don't expect them to let Logan go at all. He'll definitely get extended.

Thanks Bengal Dude, believe Logan will get extended during TC myself.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 09:34 AM)grampahol Wrote: Huh! So that's what they call Wyominians..never woulda guessed Wyomingites it a hundered years.. and I lived in Montana for a year where men are men and women are sheep...

I call myself a Wyomin' Boy, but Logan Wilson and I are Wyomingites correct Gramps.  Mellow

And leave out them sheep.... Mellow
Reply/Quote