Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Wilson injury update
Logan is gonna be out some time with a dislocated shoulder...

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/cincinnati-bengals-injury-updates-latest-logan-wilson-markus-bailey
Reply/Quote
So do they call up one of the 2 LBs on the practice squad or go shopping

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 02:47 PM)pally Wrote: So do they call up one of the 2 LBs on the practice squad or go shopping

I know we have mentioned it before but of Jaylon Smith is still out there why not? I mean this guy looked like a taller Ray Lewis only a few yrs ago
Reply/Quote
If Wilson is gonna be out, I'm super nervous about the LB group.
Pratt is solid, but he's no rock star.
Other than him, it's a bunch of guys who haven't really played much before.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Wilson is gonna be out, I'm super nervous about the LB group.

Agreed ...know we typically only go 2 LBs but we are wafer thin now.  

Don't think we can sit on this one and just assume 'next guy up' is gonna be enough for this position group.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:07 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I know we have mentioned it before but of Jaylon Smith is still out there why not? I mean this guy looked like a taller Ray Lewis only a few yrs ago

I don't understand why Jaylon Smith just got discarded like he did.
He had 154 tackles and 5 PDs just last year.
I'd bring him in not only as an injury replacement but potential future starter beyond this year.
He's only 26 years old.
He's got at least a few good years left in the tank.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
On the mother ship, they said they would need to have imaging done before they'd know. If there are no tears or fractures, he could play Sunday with a brace/sling.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:10 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Agreed ...know we typically only go 2 LBs but we are wafer thin now.  

Don't think we can sit on this one and just assume 'next guy up' is gonna be enough for this position group.

Not if there's going to be a push for playoffs at least, IMO.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Wilson is gonna be out, I'm super nervous about the LB group.

Pratt had the best game of his career yesterday according to PFF

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:15 PM)pally Wrote: Pratt had the best game of his career yesterday according to PFF

Ok. That doesn't make him one of the best LBs in the league though.
That's what I mean by rock star.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We avoided the injury bug for so long now it is just hitting all at once.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:17 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: We avoided the injury bug for so long now it is just hitting all at once.

& at key positions. 
Reply/Quote
Looking around the league the bengals look pretty god in terms of injuries. It not great to have any injuries but every team deals with them as its part of the game and you have to figure out how to keep moving forward. Cincinnati is in much better shape than other teams in this regard so its not an excuse.

Imagine how things feel in Tennessee. Julio Jones, Aj Brown and Derek Henry. That be like us losing Higgins, Chase and Mixon at the same time. Run what ya brung.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:22 PM)motoarch Wrote: Looking around the league the bengals look pretty god in terms of injuries.  It not great to have any injuries but every team deals with them as its part of the game and you have to figure out how to keep moving forward.  Cincinnati is in much better shape than other teams in this regard so its not an excuse.  

Imagine how things feel in Tennessee.  Julio Jones, Aj Brown and Derek Henry.  That be like us losing Higgins, Chase and Mixon at the same time.  Run what ya brung.

The Bengals only have decent depth at a couple positions.
The biggest detriment to the team though will be if the Bengals have multiple OL out again.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Joe Bachie is OK, not great, but at least he has some coverage skills. Next week vs Kittle should be fun for him lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Joe Bachie is OK, not great, but at least he has some coverage skills. Next week vs Kittle should be fun for him lol.

I highly doubt you will see a LB on Kittle....
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:54 PM)Tony Wrote: I highly doubt you will see a LB on Kittle....

I’m sure he will pass through Bachie’s zone now and then… he’s going to need a lot of attention. Hilton lacks the size and Bell won’t be able to keep up with him on all plays. Matchup nightmare even before the injuries.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:54 PM)Tony Wrote: I highly doubt you will see a LB on Kittle....

LB's are always on TE's to a large degree especially after blocking and releasing.
Reply/Quote
Is Davis-Gaither done for the year?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:07 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I know we have mentioned it before but of Jaylon Smith is still out there why not? I mean this guy looked like a taller Ray Lewis only a few yrs ago

(12-06-2021, 04:08 PM)samhain Wrote: Is Davis-Gaither done for the year?

Most-likely.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote