Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4-1
Burrow looks like a future all pro, I can't imagine that Taylor does enough this year to satisfy me. Can him, and coaches will be lining up to take the cincy job like they never have previously. Our time is now
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 11:02 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I really like the roster we have right now. I'm a little worried we're trying to go all in this year as it seems alot of the free agents are on 1 year deals. Also concerned about the oline and we need to clean up some of the miscues we had pass protecting also worried about Hopkins and hope we made the right decision relying on him so soon after injury.

I also hated that 4th and 1 call and disliked hearing Taylor told Bates after the failed attempt and ensuing touchdown that "we are gonna have to play like that this year". I hope he realizes that was a stupid call and really should've cost us a game that our team clearly outplayed the opponent.

Dont worry about the 1yr deals too much. If they prove themselves, those deals will get better and those that don't will be replaced. As for the 4th and 1 call, yeah, not many people cared for it. I mean, I know his intentions but there was just too much time on the clock and very bad field position to be trying it. If we were losing, it would have made more sense.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 11:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If we are down 3-0 to the Bears within the first quarter you're going to have people predicting that.

It doesn't even require that in the gameday thread. It just requires us not scoring 3 TDs on our first 2 possessions. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 06:30 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I was actually quoting Jessie Bates but I went back and looked and Bates said the Taylor told them "This is just who were gonna be this year". But regardless it doesn't change the point of it being a bad call and not being sure if he realizes that it was a bad call. The other thing he said that I didn't like that I didn't bring up before but is in the above quote you posted was that " felt like we could go steal a victory right there". We didn't need to steal a victory we were clearly playing better than the Vikings. Also as someone else pointed out we were on our own 30 even if we pick that up we could be punting 3 plays later.

Sheesh

Steal: to take without permission
Reply/Quote