Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Wilson update
(05-03-2022, 07:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, he seems like a good un. High motor, always around the ball.

Great story on him. He came out of HS as a S and went to Wyoming as one. They needed LB's and told him he was going to the LB room.
Certainly explains his ability to read, cover and make plays on the ball.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 01:43 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote:  A little Kissie Kissie never hurts..  Wink

Thats not Kissie Kissie. He was going long! Mellow

[Image: R.7cac30788f278a5493bff14ff420e44a?rik=j...ImgRaw&r=0]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2022, 03:36 PM)higgy100 Wrote:  went 
Great story on him. Came out of HS as a S and went to Wyoming as one. They need LB's and told him he was going there.
Certainly explains his ability to read, cover and make plays on the ball.

I played high school football with Alan Wenglikowski who also wrestled and ran the 300M hurdles (or maybe it was 440 back then).  He was about 6'1", 190 lbs and played safety.

He went to Pitt, bulked up to 228, and started at DE/LB opposite of NFL Hall-of-Famer Chris Doleman in '82 and '83.  Alan played with the Bills from '84 to '87.

Alan was never as good as Logan Wilson, just grew from a safety to a LB like he did.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2022, 09:07 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Clark Harris will be my next jersey.  

Yeah..Clark is better than a Clark bar.. I'm almost as old as he is.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 12:11 PM)pally Wrote: Logan said today he expects to be ready for training camp after his shoulder labrum repair after the Super Bowl. He did say the injury affected his range of motion.

He also said, on Super Bowl officiating, that "You gotta put yourselves in the referee's shoes, too." Said it's tough to make those split-second decisions on the world's biggest stage.

maybe showing some sympathy for the refs will win him so good will calls this season

He should have had the play of the game. That was a beautiful play, the ref can lick my yada yada sack.
Reply/Quote
Wilson is set to blow up this season. I can’t wait to watch him.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 10:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: He should have had the play of the game. That was a beautiful play, the ref can lick my yada yada sack.

No doubt, Logan played fantastic the entire game and would of been the defensive player of the game if not for that call
and Burrow getting sacked to end the game. Did all he could and more to get us a SuperBowl win.

(07-07-2022, 11:14 PM)Burreaux Wrote: Wilson is set to blow up this season. I can’t wait to watch him.

Sure is. Gonna be a fun year watching Logan and this D I am sure of it. We should be loads better than last regular season.

We are young and Lou should have his players even more comfortable in his scheme and overall system.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt, Logan played fantastic the entire game and would of been the defensive player of the game if not for that call
and Burrow getting sacked to end the game. Did all he could and more to get us a SuperBowl win.

Sure is. Gonna be a fun year watching Logan and this D I am sure of it. We should be loads better than last regular season.

We are young and Lou should have his players even more comfortable in his scheme and overall system.

What do you think of ADG? Do you think he takes the next step? He impressed me at times before the injury. He could become a ball hawk.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 01:53 PM)Burreaux Wrote: What do you think of ADG? Do you think he takes the next step? He impressed me at times before the injury. He could become a ball hawk.

I have ADG as my breakout player on Defense besides Ossai. Saw the same thing with him before the injury, the game 
finally slowing down for an extremely talented but raw player. That is what I could see happening, ADG getting lots of 
INTS and forcing them with his speed. Also ADG blitzing off the edge could be devastating to Offenses.

I thought it would take a few years for ADG to come into his own and thought Logan would be the more solid LB early.

Logan honestly has impressed me the most in how fast he came into the NFL from Wyoming and pretty much has just
been a stud at everything. Great tackler, great instincts, damn good in coverage. 

But ADG could be fantastic all by himself just the same. Also like Markus Bailey but I don't think he will get many 
chances unless injuries happen. Finally got some great talent at the LB position and they are all smart. I also really like
Betcher the LB coach we brought in to replace Golden. Surprised Betcher wasn't a DC in the NFL yet, he is that good
of a Defensive coach.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2022, 12:58 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I said when it is all said and done. So no, i dont have to slow my roll, dad.

dont you EVER talk to your father like that.
Reply/Quote