Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Logan Wilson
Guys runs around the field with no hesitation. If anything in his game has changed it’s that he has no questions about it once he finds out where the play is going. Sideline to sideline type.
Reply/Quote
Another INT today, right?

What's he on pace for now? The most INTs by a LB that I can recall is 5 by Thurman in 2005.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 09:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Another INT today, right?

What's he on pace for now? The most INTs by a LB that I can recall is 5 by Thurman in 2005.

LOL

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'd say a lot of ADG's improvements are due to playing next to Wilson as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 09:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 13

LOL

Man if we have a LB with 10 INTs, would that be an NFL record for LBs?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Bob Smith had 9 in 1952.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-interceptions-in-a-season-by-a-linebacker
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 09:58 PM)Earendil Wrote: Bob Smith had 9 in 1952.

Sheesh. You have to go back 69 (heh) years to find a guy with 9, and our dude is on pace for 13?

Playmaker.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 10:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sheesh. You have to go back 69 (heh) years to find a guy with 9, and our dude is on pace for 13?

Playmaker.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I am not a big "Pro Bowl" guy, but it would be nice if he received more National attention (tough with no more Primetime games), although our girl Kay Adams really liked him that morning after the TNF game.  

As far as the reason, I really liked his background as a defensive back, and he is a tireless worker.  The added talent on the front four has allowed all the LBs to use their speed and cover sideline-to-sideline clean.

The Detroit game has not been added to PFF for the YTD scores as of yet, but the three highest rated defensive players are Reader, Tupou, and BJ Hill, in that order.  

If I had to give an award to the Defensive Player of the Year right now, though, it would have to be Awuzie.  That guy has been outstanding.  Made a key stop on Hockenson on third down while Detroit was still in it.  Absolutely love that guy.  

I think Bates is still Bates and teams are just saying "we aren't going to test him" and checking everything underneath with a few exceptions.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 07:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am not a big "Pro Bowl" guy, but it would be nice if he received more National attention (tough with no more Primetime games), although our girl Kay Adams really liked him that morning after the TNF game.  

As far as the reason, I really liked his background as a defensive back, and he is a tireless worker.  The added talent on the front four has allowed all the LBs to use their speed and cover sideline-to-sideline clean.

The Detroit game has not been added to PFF for the YTD scores as of yet, but the three highest rated defensive players are Reader, Tupou, and BJ Hill, in that order.  

If I had to give an award to the Defensive Player of the Year right now, though, it would have to be Awuzie.  That guy has been outstanding.  Made a key stop on Hockenson on third down while Detroit was still in it.  Absolutely love that guy.  

I think Bates is still Bates and teams are just saying "we aren't going to test him" and checking everything underneath with a few exceptions.  

We have a stud at each level of our defense. Really all I feel we are missing is a couple more speed rushers to help on third downs. Ossai would be one.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 07:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am not a big "Pro Bowl" guy, but it would be nice if he received more National attention (tough with no more Primetime games), although our girl Kay Adams really liked him that morning after the TNF game.  

Yep, you know the D line and Linebackers are getting it done when you don't hear Bates and Bell mentioned much. 
Reply/Quote
10th in total tackles
5th in forced fumbles
2nd in interceptions

Looks like the making of a Pro Bowl season to me.
Reply/Quote