Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Logan Wilson
We have at least one absolute stud at every level on the defense;

- Reader & Hendrickson on the DL

- Logan Wilson at LB

- Bates in the secondary

Haven’t been able to say that since probably 2015.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Watch PFF give Wilson a 30 or something...
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:49 AM)Joelist Wrote: Watch PFF give Wilson a 30 or something...

Well, ESPN gave Lawrence an 82.5 QBR and Burrow was 71.6

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:54 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Well, ESPN gave Lawrence an 82.5 QBR and Burrow was 71.6

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
PFFt

Reply/Quote
Getting better every year. He’s easily pro bowl level right now.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Been going back and forth on what jersey I wanted to add to the wardrobe. Burrow is an easy choice, but half the fans I saw last night (excluding the one dude rocking the Blake jersey, not to mention the guy dressed as a gorilla in a "Harambe" jersey) was wearing one. So, I wanted an up-and-comer, but who to go with? Last night convinced me, so I just ordered a Wilson jersey. It's also a bit of a tribute to my paternal great-grandparents: it was their last name. They had a lot of kids, but all of them were girls, including my grandmother, so the name died out, at least in the family around here.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We have at least one absolute stud at every level on the defense;

- Reader & Hendrickson on the DL

- Logan Wilson at LB

- Bates in the secondary

Haven’t been able to say that since probably 2015.

I would include Larry O in this as well...hes a load to handle inside...and constantly makes penetration in backfield
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:54 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Well, ESPN gave Lawrence an 82.5 QBR and Burrow was 71.6

That stat is such a joke.  We should never mention it again.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 08:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Happens to the best of them, especially against a back like Montgomery. That guy is a top back when used properly. Whole defense has looked good outside of Apple. If Waynes can come back strong they’ll be tough to move the ball on.

Apple does not deserve a game ball but we are 3 and 1 with him and he has played a lot of snaps. He is starting to look better after getting a bust tag as first round pick and team letting you go can shake up anyone. He deserves a lil credit and not to be trashed tho. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 11:50 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Apple does not deserve a game ball but we are 3 and 1 with him and he has played a lot of snaps. He is starting to look better after getting a bust tag as first round pick and team letting you go can shake up anyone. He deserves a lil credit and not to be trashed tho. 

If you look stricly at his numbers against, other than the Vikings game, Eli hasn't played very bad. His last 3 games he's only given up 13 catches on 24 targets (54%) for 104 yards (4.3ypc), 0 tds and 0 ints with 3 pass breakups. Quarterbak rating against of 65.3. He does have 3 penalties against him on the year, 2 in the last 2 games and he needs to clean up the missed tackles as well.

I think his previous history and his play in the Vikings game kind of cemented a mindset against him but his play in the last 3 games has been good. Other than the Vikings he's had a play or two against him but the previous conceptions have magnified them. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 11:50 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Apple does not deserve a game ball but we are 3 and 1 with him and he has played a lot of snaps. He is starting to look better after getting a bust tag as first round pick and team letting you go can shake up anyone. He deserves a lil credit and not to be trashed tho. 

My comment was written on 9/20… he’s played much better since then.
Reply/Quote
He looks better than Dre Kirkpatrick ever did.
Reply/Quote
Bump

This kid is just a total stud. Might end up being better than prime Burfict. Which would make him the best LB we’ve had in a long time.

We’ve had 1st round CB’s that never even sniffed 4 INT’s in a season. WJ3 has that many in his whole career… Logan has 4 thru 6 games.

He had a rough game vs Green Bay, but he bounced back nicely today. I’m having a blast watching this dude.

Tough choice between him, Hendrickson, or Awuzie, for best player on this defense right now.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 08:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bump

This kid is just a total stud. Might end up being better than prime Burfict. Which would make him the best LB we’ve had in a long time.

We’ve had 1st round CB’s that never even sniffed 4 INT’s in a season. WJ3 has that many in his whole career… Logan has 4 thru 6 games.

He had a rough game vs Green Bay, but he bounced back nicely today. I’m having a blast watching this dude.

Tough choice between him, Hendrickson, or Awuzie, for best player on this defense right now.

With Burfict we were guaranteed multiple boneheaded plays a game.  Logan plays a much smarter game which makes him better on that alone

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wilson is worth every penny of the huge extension that he will receive, after next season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 06:37 PM)pally Wrote:

Logan is the LB I hoped many would be going back to Pollack & Thurman. Dude is a beast with great instincts, he is ALWAYS around the ball. Loved the pick when we got him. Thought he would be a sleeper but has surpassed my expectations already. On a side note, as much as we criticize coaches here, we may want to give credit where credit is due for once. Coaching may not be the only reason but it has to play a part.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 08:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bump

I’m still shocked at the production we are getting from the FA’s (minus Wayne). What was it just 2 years ago we got absolutely nothing from our FA’s, but now it’s a home run. Amazing!!!
Reply/Quote
His instincts + His Athleticism make him a great LB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 08:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bump

Linebackers

Second-year Wyoming product Logan Wilson continued his stellar start to the 2021 season with another strong performance. He ripped the ball out of a receiver's hands as he was trying to make the catch and came down with an interception. He also had two tackles for loss and a pass breakup in the game. He should finish reviews with a 90.0-plus PFF grade.

Reply/Quote