Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Woodside Welcome to the Bengals
This was pretty interesting.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2018-nfl-draft-forget-the-scouts-these-are-the-top-19-quarterbacks-available/
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 07:49 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Woodside is a better passer than Barrett.  At QB, that is what matters.

Come on people. He is a 7th round pick. In two years no one will remember his name (except for those Toledo alum). Chances are he will be selliing cars at a local Toledo dealership.
Reply/Quote
I liked Ferguson better. But I guess Woodside has better mobility. And with the O-line of the Bengals mobility may be a necessity.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:38 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Come on people. He is a 7th round pick. In two years no one will remember his name (except for those Toledo alum). Chances are he will be selliing cars at a local Toledo dealership.

And that is going to be different that Barrett, how?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't think of a single reason Woodshed shouldn't be our starter.

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round, so its not like 7th is that much lower.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I made a thread about MAC players in the draft earlier in the week. I like Woodside a lot... he has as good of a shot as any other 7th round QB would have had to compete for the backup spot.
Reply/Quote
Big Ben played for Miami University and did well in the NFL. I think a guy from Toledo could do the same. I'll give him a chance. Just hope the Bengals do.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Think this is exactly where you gamble on a smaller school kid.

Like the pick.

So do you guys believe Bengals were going to draft Mason Rudolph in the third ?

Even though we had bigger needs felt we might take him there and obviously the steelers were thinking the same thing and traded up to prevent this move.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: This was pretty interesting.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2018-nfl-draft-forget-the-scouts-these-are-the-top-19-quarterbacks-available/

If this came true lol
Reply/Quote
I hated the pick at the time lol he looked like another good ol boy like dalton in the pics. But... I really like that he's from toledo and they say he's accurate. I really like this hometown theme this year,I think that'll bring more passion with this team to really win. And I hope Woodside beats out the guy we just signed.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Woodside is the all time passing leader at the University of Toledo.
Hey, 7th round and we get the all time leading passer for Toledo. Now Toledo has been playing football many, many decades.  I've seen them in Bowl Games. I even kind of remember Toledo in a Bowl Game around New Years Eve in early 1960's as a little kid.  So this guy being Toledo's all time passing and scoring leader is no small thing, just as Greg Cook being Cincinnati all time passing leader in 1969 was no small thing.  How about Ken Anderson out of Augustana. Were we not suppose to draft Ken Anderson because he came from Augustana.  How about Big Ben playing for Miami, not Miami Florida, but this University in Oxford Ohio by Houston Woods.  So think of Cook, Anderson, Big Ben not at the big major Universities when you rethink this Toledo All Time Passing Leader.  This means the guy can throw the football for yards and touchdowns.  If given half a chance, we might find he can really throw the ball in practice and preseason better than AJ McCarron did.   He is in competition and with starter Dalton we have about 4 Quarterback to bring to camp, maybe more after undrafted players added. 

I say Welcome to all time leading passer from Ohio Toledo. In our lousy Ohio weather of rain and snow he can throw the football in all weather to become Toledo all time passing leader.  The quarterbacks in draft considered over rated. This QB we took in 7 may be highly under rated. We may have got one of better QB's in 2018 Draft.  I always remember Notre Dame star Joe Montana was not concidered much in that draft when Bengals took the Throwin' Samoan in Round One over Joe Montana in later rounds, so was the top pick better, I don't hardly think so.  How great was top pick Johnny Manziel AKA Johnny Football. How about high picks Tim Couch and Akili Smith, Ugh, Yikes.  Johnny Unitas had no easy trip to NFL as he had to play Semi-Pro Football before getting an NFL chance.  Paul Brown told a young quarterback to forget football and pursue his life's work and he became NFL Hall of Fame Len Dawson.  So the fancy pants college QB is not always who makes it in the tough as nails NFL.  This kid from Toledo can flat out throw in lousy Ohio weather that we get in Cincinnati and he would not be the first under rated QB to make it in the NFL if he practices and learns and can flat out throw.  Bengals had a QB listed # 3 or 4 on their depth chart that when given the chance opened some eyes in Jeff Blake, you might remember.  Never forget Ken Anderson came from Augustana.  Welcome Logan Woodside, Toldeo Rockets Super Star QB. Again, I like that he was all time throwing leader for Toledo not just meaning he can throw, but that he can throw in this awful Ohio weather of wind, rain and snow because not all these West Coast Surf or Southern Sun QB's can. Ken Anderson was great bad weather quarterback, and I like guys who can play in the sloppy weather and still win. Last I saw, PB doesn't have a dome.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 09:02 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round, so its not like 7th is that much lower.

My response exactly. Although likely he is no Tom Brady, you just don’t know the possibilities.

Reply/Quote
This pick makes me very happy on a different level. My daughter, who has learning disabilities, went to High School with Logan while he was at Anderson Co. High School (before he transferred to Franklin Co.) She was so excited that he had the chance to be drafted, I haven't talked to her today but I am sure she is over the moon that he is a Bengal. She's a huge Bengals fan....
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 12:15 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I hated the pick at the time lol he looked like another good ol boy like dalton in the pics.

Thanks for explaining how you judge QBs.

This explains a lot.
Reply/Quote
Logan is very small for an NFL QB. I don't suspect he will last long, but I'm glad he's here for awhile.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 10:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Logan is very small for an NFL QB. I don't suspect he will last long, but I'm glad he's here for awhile.

Well he's taller than Russell Wilson and Drew Brees. I believe he's the same height as Johnny Unitas, Joe theisman, tarkenton, etc.

If he fails at the next level, it won't be because of his size. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 10:10 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Well he's taller than Russell Wilson and Drew Brees. I believe he's the same height as Johnny Unitas, Joe theisman, tarkenton, etc.

If he fails at the next level, it won't be because of his size. 

Russell Wilson and Drew Brees are elite despite their size. Everyone else you mentioned played before linemen got so tall. I'm not hating on the kid, I hope he sticks, but he is below NFL standards for height for the position.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And that is going to be different that Barrett, how?

Location and automobile brand.
Reply/Quote