Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Woodside arrested for DUI
(06-12-2018, 07:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Kids are so stupid. Part of me says cut him and part of me says don't take away a dream for one mistake. So I have no problem with either approach. I will say Quinton Flowers chances of making the 53 just improved,

I wish I was as lenient as you, at 23 I don't consider them "kids".   This is another Manziel in the making, send him to Cleveland, Woodside if you're reading this, you suck :paul: .  DUI in 2018 is unacceptable.

PS. Flowers, YOU are in! (Don't mess it up).
Reply/Quote
Woodside is most likely just competing for a PS spot. He wasn’t getting reps with the offense when the media got to view practices. They’ll hang onto him unless he slips up again or some other rookie QB becomes available after camp.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I got a dui and blew a .10 two years ago .11 isn’t even buzzed let’s not overblown this.
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The thing I don't get in situations like this?  These guys have cab fare, hell, they have limo fare.  I just don't get it.  That's not to say I haven't done some dumb shit like this, and I'm not bashing the guy for having a few drinks or even bashing, I just don't understand it when you have that kind of coin and options at your disposal.  Maybe he thought he was good to go....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
What an idiot.
Reply/Quote
3:46 AM, 10 mph over the speed limit - will get you every time in that town regardless of the drinks. The DUI was just insult to injury. Guess he can call it a learning moment. He's young - that makes him indestructible and stealth to law enforcement. When he gets old like me - he will find that at 3:46 AM he would already have been out in the recliner for probably over 5 hours!
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 09:12 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: The thing I don't get in situations like this?  These guys have cab fare, hell, they have limo fare.  I just don't get it.  That's not to say I haven't done some dumb shit like this, and I'm not bashing the guy for having a few drinks or even bashing, I just don't understand it when you have that kind of coin and options at your disposal.  Maybe he thought he was good to go....

You’re showing your age here, Wyche! Nobody uses cabs anymore (except in big cities like NYC). Pretty much everyone, especially in his age group, has a smartphone. You don’t even need to have any money on you to use Uber or Lyft. You literally just open an app on your phone. There’s no excuse anymore.

Reply/Quote
Wow.  Bunch of perfect people here passing some harsh judgement.

At .11 I am sure he felt he was good to drive.  He did not have a wreck.  He was not driving like crazy.  And even though Uber is convenient he would have had to leave his vehicle somewhere and then go back to get it.  
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 09:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow.  Bunch of perfect people here passing some harsh judgement.

At .11 I am sure he felt he was good to drive.  He did not have a wreck.  He was not driving like crazy.  And even though Uber is convenient he would have had to leave his vehicle somewhere and then go back to get it.  

It's a SIMPLE RULE, you drink, you DON'T drive.  It's easier than learning football.

"And even though Uber is convenient he would have had to leave his vehicle somewhere and then go back to get it. "  Then you take an UBER to go drinking and comeback the same way. :O  what a concept! If he didn't plan on drinking, then he will have to inconvenience himself by exactly doing what you just said, pick up his car sober the next day, that's life. He just wanted it to have it his way.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 09:55 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: It's a SIMPLE RULE, you drink, you DON'T drive.  It's easier than learning football.

"And even though Uber is convenient he would have had to leave his vehicle somewhere and then go back to get it. "  Then you take an UBER to go drinking and comeback the same way. :O  what a concept! If he didn't plan on drinking, then he will have to inconvenience himself by exactly doing what you just said, pick up his car sober the next day, that's life. He just wanted it to have it his way.

Man I wish I was as perfect as you.

Since you never made a bad decision in your life why aren't you running the free world?

BTW almost EVERY person here has taken a drink then driven home.  It is not as simple as you claim.  If it was then there would never be a car in  any parking lot of any club or bar because no one would ever drive when they take a drink.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 09:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Man I wish I was as perfect as you.

Since you never made a bad decision in your life why aren't you running the free world?

BTW almost EVERY person here has taken a drink then driven home.  It is not as simple as you claim.  If it was then there would never be a car in  any parking lot of any club or bar because no one would ever drive when they take a drink.

Don't be ridiculous and try to paint anyone who disagrees as being "as perfect as you".  If you are full of mistakes, that's your business but don't be bitching about it when you get the deserved smack down (it's called consequences). Save those mistakes for "leaving your keys in the car, spilling your beer all over, shopping compulsively, calling your wife fat, etc."  DUI can kill a life, you're milking a losing argument, and my last retort. Cool
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 09:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Man I wish I was as perfect as you.

Does one drink make a guy who is over 200lbs blow a .11?  I honestly don't know because I always walked to bars in my drinking days because I knew I never had the ability to get away with anything.  I don't consider myself perfect for that, though.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 10:31 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: DUI can kill a life, you're milking a losing argument, and my last retort. Cool

You obviously don't know what a .11 BAC feels like.  People with a .11 are not the ones killing people.

The only losing argument is your claim that he is "another Manziel".  That is absurd.  

Demonizing a player over something this minor and squealing "ship him to Cleveland" is just silly.  Did you say the same thing about Leon Hall, Justin Smith, and Eric Steinbach?
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 09:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re showing your age here, Wyche! Nobody uses cabs anymore (except in big cities like NYC). Pretty much everyone, especially in his age group, has a smartphone. You don’t even need to have any money on you to use Uber or Lyft. You literally just open an app on your phone. There’s no excuse anymore.

LMAO.....yeah, I've even used Uber myself.....whippersnapper. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 09:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW almost EVERY person here has taken a drink then driven home.  It is not as simple as you claim.  If it was then there would never be a car in  any parking lot of any club or bar because no one would ever drive when they take a drink.

The Blood Alcohol Chart that I pulled up indicates that a 200 pound man would have the equivalent of 6 Beers in his system to blow a .11.

Drink 4 Beers in an hour to get to .08 or 6 Beers in an hour to get to .11.

Subtract .015 for each hour after drinking. It may have been at least an hour from his last drink to actually being tested.

Another Chart shows over a two fold risk increase of an accident between .08 and .12

He was likely drinking fairly steady over a number of hours to maintain a .11 and was buzzing more than some imply.

I chalk it up to being young & dumb which most all men can admit to being in some form during their early twenties.

Not a good look, especially for a QB.  If he does it again, then he is a bonehead.

The Bellevue police officer wrote the following in Woodside's citation:

Quote:"Officer was sitting in the outside area of UDF when a blue SUV came through the parking lot at a high rate of speed. When I walked up to the vehicle the driver had a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage, and he had glassy eyes. Subject was able to exit the vehicle OK but had minor troubles counting backward, and with finger dexterity. During the HGN (Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus) test subject should clues for impairment. Subject had trouble with his walk and turn, and counting during the test. Subject was unable to complete the one leg stand. Subject took the BA (Blood Alcohol) test after attempting to contact an attorney and declined a test at his own expense. Breath: .112."
Reply/Quote
.11 at 340 am?? .. hopefully he is a better player than drinker....

It's also hard to get Uber's at 4 am..
Reply/Quote
Guy's got a future ahead of him here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Par for our course and he was only trying to fit in most likely.

Seriously though can live with it without a problem as long as he learns from it and it does not become habitual.

23 year old young adult who just came into money just having a "FEW" is not that big of deal to me at this juncture in time.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Not wanting to lynch him over this small incident.

Yet believe this will make him have to leave no doubt about him earning a roster spot and he would not want to be on bubble at cut time now.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 12:25 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Blood Alcohol Chart that I pulled up indicates that a 200 pound man would have the equivalent of 6 Beers in his system to blow a .11.

Drink 4 Beers in an hour to get to .08 or 6 Beers in an hour to get to .11.

Subtract .015 for each hour after drinking. It may have been at least an hour from his last drink to actually being tested.

Another Chart shows over a two fold risk increase of an accident between .08 and .12

He was likely drinking fairly steady over a number of hours to maintain a .11 and was buzzing more than some imply.

I chalk it up to being young & dumb which most all men can admit to being in some form during their early twenties.

Not a good look, especially for a QB.  If he does it again, then he is a bonehead.

The Bellevue police officer wrote the following in Woodside's citation:

This.   I don't think anyone's saying it's a good idea to drive when intoxicated.  But when I was in my mid twenties I got pulled over and blew a .10.   I did not feel impaired at all and the policeman (after all of the tests) said that he would testify if I took it to court that I was well in control of my faculties and did not appear inebriated beyond the smell of alcohol on my breath.

I took it to court and won.

But I have seen videos of drivers on driving courses with much lower blood alcohol who clearly had a different performance level than when they drove the course sober.

I made a lot of bad decisions when I was in my early 20s.  And I think the point Fred has been making is that whether it was drinking or not so have all of us.

When you are young and immortal that's what you do.  Especially if you don't feel like you're drunk.  Judgment if the first thing that goes when you are drinking.
Reply/Quote