Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Woodside arrested for DUI
Not exactly the start I was hoping for from him.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/06/12/cincinnat-bengals-quarterback-logan-woodside-arrested-dui/694865002/
Reply/Quote
Oh no. Not this. This just knocked my enthusiasm down a notch. Not because he was a starter or anything. Just so many great things coming from the organization lately. Didn't want a glimpse of what was the norm around here in the past.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No accident involved. No guns, drugs or teenage girls in the car. Not a very high BAC (.11).

Really no big deal. Leon Hall, Justin Smith, and Eric Steinbach all had DUIs. They never ended up being "problem" players
Reply/Quote
So much for him taking over after Dalton, Barkley and the other guy are injured to start the season.. There goes my pipe dream of impossible rookie taking over for fame and fortune ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I would be willing to bet most people who have drank alcohol before have drove at .11 BAC at some point in their lives or been with a friend who is. If its between a slight DUI vs some of the other crap alot of people are getting in trouble for I think I'd take this.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 04:47 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I would be willing to bet most people who have drank alcohol before have drove at .11 BAC at some point in their lives or been with a friend who is. If its between a slight DUI vs some of the other crap alot of people are getting in trouble for I think I'd take this.

Ashamedly, been there, done that. Probably, at a much higher BAC. I certainly put my guardian angel to work.
Reply/Quote
Can see him getting cut now
Reply/Quote
It was the best week, it was the worst week. - Logan Woodside on Bengals Mini-camp 2018

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
While it's not a devastating infraction of the law, he's in no position to create a negative profile.  He's a 7th round pick battling 3 other QBs for the backup spot.

Not a smart move
Reply/Quote
Who? What other free agent and 7th round picks got in trouble? OMG, the team is doomed. Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No accident involved.  No guns, drugs or teenage girls in the car.  Not a very high BAC (.11).

Really no big deal.  Leon Hall, Justin Smith, and Eric Steinbach all had DUIs.  They never ended up being "problem" players

I seem to remember Peko having some kind of incident or drinking reputation early in his career as well.

That said, these were all quality draft picks. A late rounder like Woodside could get cut just for this alone.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
My two word message to Logan--Uber, dumbass.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Kids are so stupid. Part of me says cut him and part of me says don't take away a dream for one mistake. So I have no problem with either approach. I will say Quinton Flowers chances of making the 53 just improved,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Bellevue's a tiny town. Not surprised he'd get caught for doing something stupid there. He's lucky he didn't kill someone because it really is that small and I realize that, at 3 a.m., not many people are out, but still.

I used to play pee-wee football down there growing up and it's just across the river and probably a five minute drive to the stadium. I wonder if he lives there because it's typically a lower income city (would make sense since he's on a 7th round pick deal).

Stupid.
Reply/Quote
It was an uphill battle for him to make the team anyway. I hear yall about DUI's and none of us can proabably judge too much, but he play QB, and you can't be getting arrested if you a qb!

Looks like the Tom Brady dream scenario lives and dies with Driskel.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 04:56 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Ashamedly, been there, done that. Probably, at a much higher BAC. I certainly put my guardian angel to work.

My guardian angel position had a very high turnover rate. He's still just a kid, I think. Still pretty dumb to drive after drinking in Bellevue at 3am. Pretty sure he's familiar with the area. He should know better. Bad decision, but no reason to cut the guy just because he was a late pick. Live, learn and move on.
Reply/Quote
The guy is Tom Brady and Ken Stabler rolled into one.
Reply/Quote
Just Uber mang. just uber
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 07:40 PM)McC Wrote: My two word message to Logan--Uber, dumbass.

Yep. In the age of Uber and Lyft there’s no excuse for drinking and driving.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 07:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I seem to remember Peko having some kind of incident or drinking reputation early in his career as well.

That said, these were all quality draft picks. A late rounder like Woodside could get cut just for this alone.

Peko's running a dispensary franchise in Denver, now. It's called Domata's Doobies. Check out his latest tat. 

j/k

lol
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote