Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logic & Arithmetic Puzzle!
Why is the attachment locked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's a bullshit trick and nothing more. If it wasn't a trick, you wouldn't need a microscope to see it properly. Can't for the life of me understand why people keep reposting this drivel. Hopefully soon, the day will come when people get bored with this horse shit and it will just dry up and blow away like it should.

On FB, people posting it get downright ***** rude about it. And these are not smart people. These are lowlife assholes who were never smarter than anyone in their lives who found out the answer to this(not because they figured it out but because somebody told them) and it's their magic beans to finally feel smarter than someone.

This is not directed at the OP, for whom I have great respect and affection. This thing just pushes a button in me that 100% has to do with some of the assholes posting it on FB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 10:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, that's not it.  Keep looking closer.

Ooh, that was my first answer when I saw this puzzle.  Unfortunately, you're not seeing the details of the picture completely, yet.

Calm down.  The rules of mathematics do not say "look at parenthesis" and then go left to right.  PEMDAS is the strict order of operations.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 10:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: 31

No, you're still not seeing all of the little details.  However, you're getting closer.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 10:43 PM)McC Wrote: It's a bullshit trick and nothing more.  If it wasn't a trick, you wouldn't need a microscope to see it properly.  Can't for the life of me understand why people keep reposting this drivel.  Hopefully soon, the day will come when people get bored with this horse shit and it will just dry up and blow away like it should.

On FB, people posting it get downright ***** rude about it.  And these are not smart people.  These are lowlife assholes who were never smarter than anyone in their lives who found out the answer to this(not because they figured it out but because somebody told them) and it's their magic beans to finally feel smarter than someone.

This is not directed at the OP, for whom I have great respect and affection.  This thing just pushes a button in me that 100% has to do with some of the assholes posting it on FB.

Relax, this is fun, entertaining.  Just because you couldn't solve it in a glance, does not make it not worth everyone taking their shot at it.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 10:41 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Why is the attachment locked?

The attachment is a picture from my computer, and adding it as an attachment is the only way that I absolutely know works to get it on here.  However, you still haven't produced the correct answer to the question posed.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If it's any consolation, when I discovered what I was missing in my own incorrect responses, I felt like a dumbass for not seeing it sooner. (much like you're going through right now, for not being able to figure it out!)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 10:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: 157

Nope, you're getting colder.  Honestly, I'm kind of surprised that you haven't gotten this by now.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 11:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nope, you're getting colder.  Honestly, I'm kind of surprised that you haven't gotten this by now.

I’m gonna need to get my reading glasses
Reply/Quote
If anyone is frustrated, and has more money than brains, if you send $100 to my PayPal account, I will provide you with the answer along with the complete path to the solution. (PM me for address) Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 10:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The attachment is a picture from my computer, and adding it as an attachment is the only way that I absolutely know works to get it on here.  However, you still haven't produced the correct answer to the question posed.

I can’t see the picture but if it’s the most recent one floating around it’s 43

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 11:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I can’t see the picture but if it’s the most recent one floating around it’s 43

No, that's not it.  This is a different one.  My wife was a Master's degreed classroom teacher for 12 years, and I had to take time to point out the minor details to her, before she could arrive at the correct answer.

Edit: Not sure why you're not seeing the picture, as most others are.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 11:50 PM)cinci4life Wrote: 73

And, we have a winner!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 11:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, we have a winner!

Have to admit it was a damn sneaky one.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
explanation please?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 07:03 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: explanation please?

Witch = 5
Broom = 3
Wand = 7

In the final line you have one broom+one witch x 2 wands, or 3 + (5 x 14) = 73

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bullshit answer

3+5=8
8x14 =112

If your diagram had the witch and the wand in parentheses, sure, it's 73.
But it doesn’t so I call bullshit.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:25 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Bullshit answer

3+5=8
8x14 =112

If your diagram had the witch and the wand in parentheses, sure, it's 73.
But it doesn’t so I call bullshit.

The equation is backwards.  No one would ever write an equation that way unless they were trying to trick people, which is exactly why they did what they did.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote