Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lol, California
A city in California elected a deceased person to Treasurer. I'm not sure if it is more embarrassing for the voters to elect a deceased person, or for the person who ran against the deceased person and lost.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Dead-Man-Elected-to-Office-in-Oceanside-Gary-Ernst-400582131.html

Either way... Lol, California.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Not nearly as bad, but we did have a senatorial candidate who lost the primary to a guy who a month earlier had dropped out (ballots had already been printed, so he was still on there). To his credit, the guy ran the race even though he "lost" the primary and was facing a very well liked Republican who had held a state office.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
isnt there a town in alaska where the mayor is a cat?
People suck
(11-10-2016, 04:18 PM)Griever Wrote: isnt there a town in alaska where the mayor is a cat?

Yeah, but it's an honorary mayor. They're an unincorporated area, so literally just a title.

(11-10-2016, 04:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, but it's an honorary mayor. They're an unincorporated area, so literally just a title.

i want a cat for a mayor
People suck
(11-10-2016, 05:47 PM)Griever Wrote: i want a cat for a mayor

Who doesn't? I mean, I am pretty positive a cat is still capable of throwing a better opening pitch than Mark Mallory.

[Image: cincinnati-mayor-mark-mallory-amazing-fi...h-gifs.gif]