Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lol Logan Wilson
(04-25-2020, 01:34 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I’m gonna ask you again, how many Wyoming games did you watch in Florida? Cause here in Georgia I didn’t watch any.

This is news to me that the state of Wyoming has a university....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He is not without issues.

He mostly played zone coverage on passing downs and didn’t play much man to man. Can take bad angles playing in space and he is considered an outdated linebacker.

But he does do a whole lot right. He could be the 3rd best linebacker in this draft or even better if Queen or Murray doesn’t develop.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 10:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not sure why the "Lol" the guy is a heck of an athlete.  I'm in no way disappointed with that pick.

Agreed! Obviously, the OP didn't study the LB group in this draft very well.
Reply/Quote
It’s a heck of a lot better than a Drew Sample wtf pick. I think this kid will be a very solid LB. Like all the picks just wish we would have addressed the OL. But hopefully this draft has finally upgraded the horrible LB group that seems to have been the weak link on D for 20 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:39 PM)TKUHL Wrote: It’s a heck of a lot better than a Drew Sample wtf pick. I think this kid will be a very solid LB. Like all the picks just wish we would have addressed the OL. But hopefully this draft has finally upgraded the horrible LB group that seems to have been the weak link on D for 20 years.

They did.  Johnson, Cordasco, Adeniji, Su'a-Filo, and Knipfel are all new to the team.  Not to mention that we'll finally be unveiling Jonah Williams at LT, and I think that many will be shocked at what a year of development and maturity will do to boost Michael Jordan's level of play.  (Many people forget that he was only 20 y/o last season)

The way I see it, there are potentially 3 spots up for grabs on open competition, and about 8 guys to fight it out for those 3 spots.  That is pretty far from "sitting on their hands" as far as bringing in OL help.

But, I'm with you, as far as the defense.  What they have done to overhaul that defensive roster this offseason and draft class is far beyond anything I could have envisioned them to do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 10:43 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Well with the pick being Logan Wilson the bengals are still desperately in need of a linebacker

I think you need to know Linebackers better. There will be problems with any rookie but this guy can do it all.

Former WR, CB, DB and he can stop the run, has great instincts, and is good in coverage with great hands.

We also got ADG so eat crow bro. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They did.  Johnson, Cordasco, Adeniji,  Su'a-Filo, and Knipfel are all new to the team.  Not to mention that we'll finally be unveiling Jonah Williams at LT, and I think that many will be shocked at what a year of development and maturity will do to boost Michael Jordan's level of play.  (Many people forget that he was only 20 y/o last season)

The way I see it, there are potentially 3 spots up for grabs on open competition, and about 8 guys to fight it out for those 3 spots.  That is pretty far from "sitting on their hands" as far as bringing in OL help.

But, I'm with you, as far as the defense.  What they have done to overhaul that defensive roster this offseason and draft class is far beyond anything I could have envisioned them to do.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:45 PM)jason Wrote: This is news to me that the state of Wyoming has a university....

They even have cities.  The biggest one is named after a friendly ghost.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They did.  Johnson, Cordasco, Adeniji,  Su'a-Filo, and Knipfel are all new to the team.  Not to mention that we'll finally be unveiling Jonah Williams at LT, and I think that many will be shocked at what a year of development and maturity will do to boost Michael Jordan's level of play.  (Many people forget that he was only 20 y/o last season)

It's still a process.  The shopping list was a long one this year.  The defense got a full overhaul in the linebacking group and the secondary, on top of the highest paid NT in the league.  That's a lot of work for any team in terms of talent acquisition, much less one that has always been so averse to big changes.

That's not even mentioning being able to add what everyone sees as the quarterback of the next era plus a first round talent for him to develop with at WR.  

If the guys they have now don't work out this year, then they can spend some draft capital on the o-lone next offseason.  With any luck, a couple of younger guys like Jordan and maybe Fred Johnson will develop into guys you want rather than guys you want to replace.  With the work done in the last few months, they can spend next year fixing a lingering problem area.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 11:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wilson is a rare talent in this day and age, he's a complete LB, that is skilled and comfortable in stopping the run, defending the pass, as well as rushing the passer.  Unless someone was just butthurt over the team not taking the player that "they wanted", I can't understand why anyone would be upset with this pick.

LOVED what I saw on tape of this guy!   I grant you he played in a lesser conference, but I saw him take amazing angles, make lightning quick decisions, make great tackles (that alone makes him better than any linebacker we had except Pratt), cover like a db, break on the ball and make a lot of great interceptions.   I even saw him take on an offensive lineman and toss him to the ground like he was a running back.

The guys going to be a stud.   And pairing him with ADG, Bynes and Pratt is going to revolutionize our front 7.   Then think of the impact Reader will have on our LBs.    I am SO psyched to see these guys play.   Then they go and add quality (though apparently fragile) depth to the room in Bailey?   Long over due and well done by the Bengals.

Need to get a Burrow thumbs up smiley!   Consider it pasted.
Reply/Quote
You also have to keep in mind that LB play in the NFL is pretty situational. This guy has the skill set to play on 1st,, 2nd and 3rd downs. Should be Byrnes replacement. AGD should be a nickel guy who can actually cover as well.
Reply/Quote
Getting ADG makes it all better. I don’t think he’s gonna be a good pro but trust me I hope to god I’m wrong. We need good linebackers. Just was never high on Wilson.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:45 PM)jason Wrote: This is news to me that the state of Wyoming has a university....

We have lots of Universities lol

U-Dub is just the big one in Laramie.

All my sisters and my brother in law went there. My adopted alma mater ha ha
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 01:20 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Getting ADG makes it all better.  I don’t think he’s gonna be a good pro but trust me I hope to god I’m wrong.  We need good linebackers.  Just was never high on Wilson.

What are you not high on Logan Wilson? Just wondering?

I can understand that he comes from a small school which is why I didn't want him in the 2nd round but it is hard to find flaws 
in this guy's game on film. He is not like Jordyn Brooks who can't cover worth a lick and got taken in the first which was in my 
opinion the stupidest pick in the Draft besides the Pack moving up to get Jordan Love.

I want 3 down versatile Linebackers and every one we got is that.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We have lots of Universities lol

U-Dub is just the big one in Laramie.

All my sisters and my brother in law went there. My adopted alma mater ha ha

It was sarcasm... Pointing out that some people complaining about him have probably never seen him play.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 03:15 PM)jason Wrote: It was sarcasm... Pointing out that some people complaining about him have probably never seen him play.

Thought so and yeah that is probably why. Wilson is solid in every aspect.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 04:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought so and yeah that is probably why. Wilson is solid in every aspect.

I'm not ashamed to say I'd never heard of him, but he certainly looks the part. I loved our first 2 picks, and like what very little I've seen of pick 3 and 4.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:28 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Logan Wilson will not be a good pro.  Hope I’m wrong but doubt it.  He’s a slow outdated linebacker

Uhh...what?
Wilson was the 12th fastest LB at the combine at 4.63.
Anything below a 4.7 is fast enough, which is around what most TEs are.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 01:20 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Getting ADG makes it all better.  I don’t think he’s gonna be a good pro but trust me I hope to god I’m wrong.  We need good linebackers.  Just was never high on Wilson.

What determines your good vs bad criteria?

Both guys are rather similar skill sets IMO.
Both didn't play in a Power 5 conference but MWC is better than Sun Belt.
Wilson had 10 INTs, 14 PDs, 5 FFs, and over 400 tackles in the 50 games he played.
ADG had 15 PDs but only 1 INT, 1 FF, and just over 200 tackles in 27 games played.

Both seem to be quality tacklers and can cover, but Wilson seems to be better at getting turnovers, which is a good thing.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 02:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What determines your good vs bad criteria?

Both guys are rather similar skill sets IMO.
Both didn't play in a Power 5 conference but MWC is better than Sun Belt.
Wilson had 10 INTs, 14 PDs, 5 FFs, and over 400 tackles in the 50 games he played.
ADG had 15 PDs but only 1 INT, 1 FF, and just over 200 tackles in 27 games played.

Both seem to be quality tacklers and can cover, but Wilson seems to be better at getting turnovers, which is a good thing.

A couple of other big things are Wilson played at 250 pounds while ADG played at 215 pounds.  Wilson is built like a true 3 down LB while ADG is undersized and projects more as a STAR or sub package LB.  Wilson also has nowhere near the injury history ADG does.
Reply/Quote