Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lol Logan Wilson
(04-28-2020, 03:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: A couple of other big things are Wilson played at 250 pounds while ADG played at 215 pounds.  Wilson is built like a true 3 down LB while ADG is undersized and projects more as a STAR or sub package LB.  Wilson also has nowhere near the injury history ADG does.

I did not realize that ADG played at 215 lbs, I just saw he's 224 lbs now.
You do have to wonder how ADG's game will translate with him being nearly 10 lbs heavier and can/will he be able to get bigger without losing speed/agility.
Add his injury history and that's even more risky.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 03:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: A couple of other big things are Wilson played at 250 pounds while ADG played at 215 pounds.  Wilson is built like a true 3 down LB while ADG is undersized and projects more as a STAR or sub package LB.  Wilson also has nowhere near the injury history ADG does.

Not only did Wilson weigh in at 241# at the combine and run a 4.63.  His other numbers are really what pops out.  32" Vert juimp, 121" Broad jump, 4.27 20 yd. shuttle.  Those are WR type of numbers.  For a 6'2" 241# LB, that is some serious athleticism.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 02:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What determines your good vs bad criteria?

Both guys are rather similar skill sets IMO.
Both didn't play in a Power 5 conference but MWC is better than Sun Belt.
Wilson had 10 INTs, 14 PDs, 5 FFs, and over 400 tackles in the 50 games he played.
ADG had 15 PDs but only 1 INT, 1 FF, and just over 200 tackles in 27 games played.

Both seem to be quality tacklers and can cover, but Wilson seems to be better at getting turnovers, which is a good thing.

Interesting to see their stats next to each other. I have to admit, judging solely on highlights I’m more excited about ADG, but those Wilson numbers are encouraging.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 05:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I did not realize that ADG played at 215 lbs, I just saw he's 224 lbs now.
You do have to wonder how ADG's game will translate with him being nearly 10 lbs heavier and can/will he be able to get bigger without losing speed/agility.
Add his injury history and that's even more risky.

Yeah, he's very undersized for a LB.  Given his injury history with his knee and his ankle, I honestly wouldn't want him to bulk up and put even more strain on his joints.  I'd keep him at 215 and limit his snaps.  There was talk about Shawn Williams being used as a Star this year and I'd have ADG as his backup, then take over the spot next year.  
Reply/Quote
As long as he outweighs, and can bring down, Lamar, I’m good...

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not only did Wilson weigh in at 241# at the combine and run a 4.63.  His other numbers are really what pops out.  32" Vert juimp, 121" Broad jump, 4.27 20 yd. shuttle.  Those are WR type of numbers.  For a 6'2" 241# LB, that is some serious athleticism.

He also had a 1.54 10 yard split, which put him in the 98th percentile in that area.  When you watch the video, he was also upright at the finish and didn't do the "sprinter's lean" at the end to shave off that little bit of extra time.  He's definitely an impressive athlete.  
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:39 PM)TKUHL Wrote: It’s a heck of a lot better than a Drew Sample wtf pick. I think this kid will be a very solid LB. Like all the picks just wish we would have addressed the OL. But hopefully this draft has finally upgraded the horrible LB group that seems to have been the weak link on D for 20 years.

Lol sorry guys had too. It’s funny going back reading some of these.
Reply/Quote
This aged well.. The trolling part didn't.. A lot of people are still down on Drew Sample. I think he was drafted a bit too high, but he does block well usually. I think the book is still open on him..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:59 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Lol sorry guys had too. It’s funny going back reading some of these.

Good job TKUHL. This will be interesting LMAO!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 12:16 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think you need to know Linebackers better. There will be problems with any rookie but this guy can do it all.

Former WR, CB, DB and he can stop the run, has great instincts, and is good in coverage with great hands.

We also got ADG so eat crow bro. Mellow

(04-27-2020, 02:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What are you not high on Logan Wilson? Just wondering?

I can understand that he comes from a small school which is why I didn't want him in the 2nd round but it is hard to find flaws 
in this guy's game on film. He is not like Jordyn Brooks who can't cover worth a lick and got taken in the first which was in my 
opinion the stupidest pick in the Draft besides the Pack moving up to get Jordan Love.

I want 3 down versatile Linebackers and every one we got is that.

(04-27-2020, 04:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought so and yeah that is probably why. Wilson is solid in every aspect.

These guys knew what they were talkin' about lol
Reply/Quote
Can this thread be closed? After last Sunday, this is an absolute dead issue.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 07:26 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Can this thread be closed? After last Sunday, this is an absolute dead issue.

No, I like going back and seeing I was right about a pick. Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 07:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No, I like going back and seeing I was right about a pick. Cool

Oh come now. It's been proven every Sunday that you were and still are, so let's move on to bigger things.  Tiger
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 08:21 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Oh come now. It's been proven every Sunday that you were and still are, so let's move on to bigger things.  Tiger

Rock On
Reply/Quote