Reply/Quote
Good riddance.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 05:51 PM)Housh Wrote: How does this guy keep getting jobs

There aren't 32 legit kickers, so guys like Bullock who have had a measure of NFL success get to fill the turnstile of jobs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think that was his second miss of the day, wasn't it?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Lol Dan Hoard with a little passive aggressive shade thrown at Bullock after that miss.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Wonder if he pulled a muscle.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 06:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol Dan Hoard with a little passive aggressive shade thrown at Bullock after that miss.

Well, at least he kept it positive and toward the Bengals.  I mean, he could have said something like "Fat Randy, now losing games for teams other than the Bengals!"..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 06:18 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Wonder if he pulled a muscle.

He pulled a fat.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 06:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that was his second miss of the day, wasn't it?

No he was 3/3 with 46 yard long prior to that. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 06:23 PM)Interceptor Wrote: He pulled a fat.

"Hey Hey Hey!"

[Image: th?id=OIP.CwJo6Z1yDTbmVlnhecC_SgHaFY&pid...=218&h=159]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 06:24 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: No he was 3/3 with 46 yard long prior to that. 

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

A: Because he is 19th among active kickers in FG accuracy.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/fg_perc_career.htm

He was even better for us, hitting on 84.9%...which would be good for 12th among active kickers.

He's also been rock solid on XPs and is capable of hitting from 50+, as he went 7/14 for us from that distance.

People on here confuse "not Justin Tucker" with "trash kicker". Look, McPherson was a great pick and the type of kicker who can be an actual weapon. That doesn't = Bullock was trash. The stats bear that out. He was a solid/average kicker. Not an asset, but not a liability. We could've done a heck of a lot worse.

As someone who watched a lot of Lions games before they got Matt Prater, I know what bad kicking actually looks like. We've actually been very fortunate in that area for a long time. We've had some guys miss some clutch kicks, but that happens to almost everyone.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 05:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: A: Because he is 19th among active kickers in FG accuracy.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/fg_perc_career.htm

He was even better for us, hitting on 84.9%...which would be good for 12th among active kickers.

He's also been rock solid on XPs and is capable of hitting from 50+, as he went 7/14 for us from that distance.

People on here confuse "not Justin Tucker" with "trash kicker". Look, McPherson was a great pick and the type of kicker who can be an actual weapon. That doesn't = Bullock was trash. The stats bear that out. He was a solid/average kicker. Not an asset, but not a liability. We could've done a heck of a lot worse.

As someone who watched a lot of Lions games before they got Matt Prater, I know what bad kicking actually looks like. We've actually been very fortunate in that area for a long time. We've had some guys miss some clutch kicks, but that happens to almost everyone.

Exactly

To hear some talk on here you'd think the guy was pure awful, he wasn't.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 07:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

To hear some talk on here you'd think the guy was pure awful, he wasn't.

Out of all the kickers in my Bengals memory (Breech, Graham, Pelfrey, Rackers, Nugent) to me Randy stands out as the biggest choker of all.
I dont know what the stats say but he seemed to have knack for blowing in when it counts and I will never get that bad feeling I had after he won an Oscar for faking on pulling his whatever last yr in the opener.  I could care less hes overweight, eat chilli dogs all day for all I care, just make those kicks!...... remember Sebastian Janikowski?   
Reply/Quote
Glad we've moved on.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 09:12 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Glad we've moved on.

apparently many posters here havent moved on
Reply/Quote

are you perfect at your work your entire life zero mistakes?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:25 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: apparently many posters here havent moved on

Or evolved.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:26 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Or evolved.

No one here wishes we still had Bullock instead of McPherson.

I've just never been into piling on a player who was serviceable.

Kinda reminds me of when players like Peko and Maualuga got hate.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I believe it was Jay Morrison who talked about Randy's stats. He was pretty good in the 1st-3rd quarters. It was the 4th quarter where he really struggled. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote