Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lol, we are EVERYWHERE
[Image: 83975926_4103002589725897_74213735695751...e=5ECDFF5B]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 12:25 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: [Image: 83975926_4103002589725897_74213735695751...e=5ECDFF5B]

Gotta hand it to Steeler fans. As much as I hate the team and the fans they show up everywhere. And I hate those towels with a passion. But they also remind me of my Kentucky Wildcats. Big Blue Nation goes everywhere the Cats go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 02:01 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Gotta hand it to Steeler fans. As much as I hate the team and the fans they show up everywhere. And I hate those towels with a passion. But they also remind me of my Kentucky Wildcats. Big Blue Nation goes everywhere the Cats go.

I have one diagonal from my house. Not as bad as Penn Staters though. And I have one of those on the other diagonal from my house. 

Every time I see or hear that gay little "We ARE" thing they do as they pass each other I just want to....

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 12:25 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: [Image: 83975926_4103002589725897_74213735695751...e=5ECDFF5B]

What position do you play again?  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 03:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What position do you play again?  Mellow

Not a player but a back up assistant couch coach. I yell at the screen what Tomlin should be doing. 

Seriously though, I do hate when people refer to their team as we, so I get what you're saying. But you're wrong here. The "WE" that Im talking about is the fanbase to which I and the guy holding the towel belong. You would be right if the Steelers players themselves came out in uniform and photobombed the broadcast, but this is a fan. 

And for what it is worth, I actually know the guy. His name is Kelian and he is Dorian O'Daniels uncle (#44 KC STer and back up LB). He and his siblings are from my local town and we went to the same HS. So......... Tongue
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 02:01 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Gotta hand it to Steeler fans. As much as I hate the team and the fans they show up everywhere. And I hate those towels with a passion. But they also remind me of my Kentucky Wildcats. Big Blue Nation goes everywhere the Cats go.

Steelers fans "traveling well" is a myth. The 70's dynasty (and the 2000's mini-run) created a buttload of bandwagon fans across the country, and many people were born into that bandwagon. Steelers bars wouldn't exist if people were just traveling around with their snot rags. It's similar to how you see Warriors (or now Lakers) fans everywhere. 99% of those people haven't sniffed the Bay or LA.

I have friends all around NKY who are Steelers fans. Never left NKY in their lives. They just have no loyalty and prefer associating themselves with winning teams.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

have to have something of the far past to hang your towel on!!!

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 03:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Steelers fans "traveling well" is a myth. The 70's dynasty (and the 2000's mini-run) created a buttload of bandwagon fans across the country, and many people were born into that bandwagon. Steelers bars wouldn't exist if people were just traveling around with their snot rags. It's similar to how you see Warriors (or now Lakers) fans everywhere. 99% of those people haven't sniffed the Bay or LA.

I have friends all around NKY who are Steelers fans. Never left NKY in their lives. They just have no loyalty and prefer associating themselves with winning teams.

Yes and no.  Sure there are a lot of people around the country that became Steeler fans in the 70s.  That's the yes.

But the 'no' is this: when the steel mills started closing, a lot of people had to leave the area to get a job.  They created a Pittsburgh diaspora, as it were.  Some of the fans you see in visiting stadiums are descendants of that history. 

And some really do travel.  I've done it myself on a handful of occasions - New York (Giants) and Tampa Bay.  The latter was through a travel package that at least thirty other people took advantage of from Pittsburgh.  
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 03:34 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Not a player but a back up assistant couch coach. I yell at the screen what Tomlin should be doing. 

Seriously though, I do hate when people refer to their team as we, so I get what you're saying. But you're wrong here. The "WE" that Im talking about is the fanbase to which I and the guy holding the towel belong. You would be right if the Steelers players themselves came out in uniform and photobombed the broadcast, but this is a fan. 

And for what it is worth, I actually know the guy. His name is Kelian and he is Dorian O'Daniels uncle (#44 KC STer and back up LB). He and his siblings are from my local town and we went to the same HS. So......... Tongue

Could you ask him why he is wearing shades at night?  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 10:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Could you ask him why he is wearing shades at night?  Mellow

So he can watch you weave then breathe your story lines and keep track of the visions in his eyes
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 10:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Could you ask him why he is wearing shades at night?  Mellow

Knowing who he was with and seeing the videos that they posted during/after the game, I'd guess that they were probably high as kites. 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2020, 01:15 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Knowing who he was with and seeing the videos that they posted during/after the game, I'd guess that they were probably high as kites. 

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 08:32 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Yes and no.  Sure there are a lot of people around the country that became Steeler fans in the 70s.  That's the yes.

But the 'no' is this: when the steel mills started closing, a lot of people had to leave the area to get a job.  They created a Pittsburgh diaspora, as it were.  Some of the fans you see in visiting stadiums are descendants of that history. 

And some really do travel.  I've done it myself on a handful of occasions - New York (Giants) and Tampa Bay.  The latter was through a travel package that at least thirty other people took advantage of from Pittsburgh.  

I don't doubt that some travel. The same is true for any rabid fan base. I'm just saying that when you see a stadium half-full of towel wavers, I'd say the majority are likely Steelers fans who just live in the area. I know a lot of people around NKY who attend every Steelers game in Cincy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Exclamation 
So what you are saying is pittsburgh fans are like cockroaches....yeah, that would be accurate.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 06:10 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So what you are saying is pittsburgh fans are like cockroaches....yeah, that would be accurate.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10457783http:]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 03:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Steelers fans "traveling well" is a myth. The 70's dynasty (and the 2000's mini-run) created a buttload of bandwagon fans across the country, and many people were born into that bandwagon. Steelers bars wouldn't exist if people were just traveling around with their snot rags. It's similar to how you see Warriors (or now Lakers) fans everywhere. 99% of those people haven't sniffed the Bay or LA.

There's a bunch of Steelers fans in NKY.

My cousin's husband is a Steelers fan and so are his sons.  I just talk shit to him at every family function lol.

When we get the the question and answer sessions in my presentation, I say "raise your hand if you're a Steelers fan," and then I tell the ones that raise their hand to get out  Hilarious

Most high school kids nowadays don't know that their quarterback is a known multiple time rapist.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 01:27 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: There's a bunch of Steelers fans in NKY.

My cousin's husband is a Steelers fan and so are his sons.  I just talk shit to him at every family function lol.

When we get the the question and answer sessions in my presentation, I say "raise your hand if you're a Steelers fan," and then I tell the ones that raise their hand to get out  Hilarious

Most high school kids nowadays don't know that their quarterback is a known multiple time rapist.

Hey, I’ve even met a few Bengals fans in north central PA.  Not many, but they do exist.  
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 12:27 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Hey, I’ve even met a few Bengals fans in north central PA.  Not many, but they do exist.  

I live in South Central PA. Boooooooyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Actually, I don't know my geography. I live in York, PA. It's less than an hour east of Harrisburg and it's only like half hour away from Maryland, so that makes it South Central, right? RIGHT? RIGHT?!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 04:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I live in South Central PA. Boooooooyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Actually, I don't know my geography. I live in York, PA. It's less than an hour east of Harrisburg and it's only like half hour away from Maryland, so that makes it South Central, right? RIGHT? RIGHT?!

I'ma go with southeast...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote