Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
London - Anyone Going?
My wife has wanted to go for years. If I can swing the money, I'm considering it.

Anyone else?

If you all hear of any "package deals" let us know!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 02:11 PM)kdgjr Wrote: My wife has wanted to go for years. If I can swing the money, I'm considering it.

Anyone else?

Probably. 
It's not that far for me though.
Reply/Quote
I'm not. It would be fun but they are coming here to Seattle and I am not sure if I want to go to that game...
Reply/Quote
I would if I could speak the language,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 02:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm not. It would be fun but they are coming here to Seattle and I am not sure if I want to go to that game...

we have done well vs seattle in recent meetings

would love to go... but unless some crazy good deal comes up its out of my price range atm.. (and the whole I need to get a passport thing).
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 02:11 PM)kdgjr Wrote: My wife has wanted to go for years. If I can swing the money, I'm considering it.

Anyone else?

If you all hear of any "package deals" let us know!

From the article about playing the Rams in London on the home page--

The Bengals have partnered with On Location Experiences, the official hospitality partner of the National Football League, to be the official travel partner for this season’s international series game in London.

Fans will be able to follow the Bengals to London for an incredible weekend packed with unique experiences and plenty of football. Official Fan Travel Packages, powered by PrimeSport, will include hotel accommodations, pregame brunch, game tickets, guided tours, deluxe transportation, official souvenirs and more.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 06:25 PM)McC Wrote: From the article about playing the Rams in London on the home page--

The Bengals have partnered with On Location Experiences, the official hospitality partner of the National Football League, to be the official travel partner for this season’s international series game in London.

Fans will be able to follow the Bengals to London for an incredible weekend packed with unique experiences and plenty of football. Official Fan Travel Packages, powered by PrimeSport, will include hotel accommodations, pregame brunch, game tickets, guided tours, deluxe transportation, official souvenirs and more.

$250/person sounds like a great deal.  Though, you'd likely need another $1000 for a couple to actually enjoy themselves and take advantage of the tourism aspect of the trip.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
$250/person?!?! wow! that is dirt cheap considering it includes the hotel and roundtrip and game tixsl..........TO EUROPE and more!!!! I wish I lived in Cincinnati! I'd probably spend $1,000 just to do the same from AZ to Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:14 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: $250/person?!?! wow! that is dirt cheap considering it includes the hotel and roundtrip and game tixsl..........TO EUROPE and more!!!!  I wish I lived in Cincinnati! I'd probably spend $1,000 just to do the same from AZ to Cincy.

That's just the deposit, it's thousands more once you get into the details.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:04 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: That's just the deposit, it's thousands more once you get into the details.

Too good to be true it seemed. Bang Head
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 10:04 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: That's just the deposit, it's thousands more once you get into the details.

Looked at it earlier... it's expected to be upwards of 4 grand per person.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: $250/person sounds like a great deal.  Though, you'd likely need another $1000 for a couple to actually enjoy themselves and take advantage of the tourism aspect of the trip.

Gotta move further along in the process and you'll find out that the $250 is just a deposit, which is refundable. You won't actually find out what the package prices are until the different packages are announced.

Quote:Hold your spot today with a refundable $250 deposit per person until package offerings are finalized upon the release of the 2019 NFL schedule. You will be contacted once package offerings are finalized with the ability to select your preferred package or cancel your order and receive refund for deposit paid.

Your Official Bengals London VIP Experience Includes:

• Roundtrip Airfare from Cincinnati (CVG) to London (LHR) - AIR & LAND PACKAGE ONLY
  • Depart: Wednesday (Thursday arrival)
  • Return: Monday
  • London Roundtrip Airport Transfers
  • Four (4) Nights Deluxe Accommodations at a 5 Star Central London Hotel
  • Official NFL London Game Ticket
  • Lower & Upper Level Ticket Options Available
  • Pregame Brunch
  • Dinner Cruise on the River Thames
  • London Double Decker Bus Tour & London Eye Experience
  • Official Bengals Fan Rally
  • Full breakfast served daily
  • Custom NFL London, Team Souvenir
  • Private tours of Churchill's War Room, Westminster Abbey, Kensington Palace, Tower Bridge and other London Landmarks will be offered as package add-on's late Spring.

Reply/Quote
Hell we don't go to games at PBS. Why the hell would we go all the way to London to watch the Bengals?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
With the current political state of affairs in London now it could errupt into padamonium, chaos and rioting at any time OR they could figure out some kind of solution to avoid it all. Personally I'm not quite ready to take that kind of chance just to go watch an American football game in a city I may or may not be welcome...
An old Taxi dispatcher i knew was born in the US and raised in East London. His accounts of things about how Americans were treated at the time didn't seem all that welcoming..Potatoes filled with razor blades flying around doesn't sound like my idea of a good time.. The Brits take their rioting pretty serious over there from what I can tell..But then again who doesn't take rioting seriously? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 10:42 AM)grampahol Wrote: With the current political state of affairs in London now it could errupt into padamonium, chaos and rioting at any time

I don't believe that will be the case.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 10:42 AM)grampahol Wrote: But then again who doesn't take rioting seriously? 

No doubt. Canada is off the charts.

[Image: most-violent-canadian-riot-to-date-i-am-...553702.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2019, 10:58 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: No doubt. Canada is off the charts.

[Image: most-violent-canadian-riot-to-date-i-am-...553702.png]
Oh great, get the Canadians riled up!!   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 11:38 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Gotta move further along in the process and you'll find out that the $250 is just a deposit, which is refundable. You won't actually find out what the package prices are until the different packages are announced.

Thanks for that..

Here's more details.

Estimated Pricing on Double Occupancy

• Land Only - $2695 per person
  • Air & Land - $3995 per person
  • Pricing is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the finalized dates of the NFL schedule announcement.
  • The $250 per person deposit is fully refundable until you confirm your package after the NFL schedule announcement. You will have 10 business days to confirm your package option to be fully guaranteed a spot on the experience. After 10 business days, spots will be subject to availability.
  • PRIMESPORT will contact you via email once the schedule announcement is made with package options and pricing. You may call our customer support center to either reserve your full package or cancel your deposit for a full refund. Once your full package is reserved, your deposit will become nonrefundable and final payment will be due 75 days prior to the event.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 04:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would if I could speak the language,

Best post I have read today
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 04:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would if I could speak the language,

You’ll be fine over here as long as you don’t want chips at any point.
Reply/Quote