Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
London Bound
(01-22-2019, 12:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Rams fans probably felt the same way before they hired McVay and made a couple FA signings. They were coming off a 4-12 record. Hadn't had a winning season since 2003. They had the 32nd ranked offense in yards and points. Looked like they had a ton of holes. 

Insert McVay and Whitworth, and bam...they're an 11-5 team. 2 years (and a few more additions) later, Super Bowl.

Now I'm not saying to expect that, but if Taylor is a great coach, it can happen. Great coaching just seems to magically make some holes disappear. We do have the offensive weaponry to score in bunches if they address the line and Taylor has some great schemes.

Nevermind that Del Rio would be a MASSIVE upgrade over the DC mess we had last year.

Coaching to mask our deficiencies and play to our strengths?

Just the thought of that has me..........

[Image: 640?cb=20100923210150]

The thing that's also good about the London game is that Taylor will know how to rest our players/game plan knowing the tole the travel will have on the players/take into account the time change/etc. and he'll form a game plan around that, as well as schedule practices/team meetings/etc to get the players on a schedule where their bodies can be ready to play the game, which is something that Marvin never would have been smart enough to figure out.

I also love that he'll focus his game plan with all that under consideration.

It feels so great to have a real coach now!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 12:35 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Randy and Clark need a super choppy field somewhere to start practicing for this ahead of time. Kicking there is just brutal.

There's a gravel pit or something right next to the practice field... Problem solved.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 10:54 AM)Trademark Wrote: I hate these stupid international games. Watching NFL games at 9 am is just dumb

I'm tired of them as well. They serve no meaningful purpose other than to buttress Goodell's pipe dream of putting a team over there soon, which will never freaking work. 

The NFL fans exist here in the contiguous United States and the games should be played here. Teams only get 8 home games per season (excluding any playoff games and pre-season dreck) and it's silly to ask selected teams to have to sacrifice one of those 8 precious games for an overseas boondoggle. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't mind the NFL having games anywhere in the world. I do mind expanding NFL teams abroad, expect maybe for Canada or Mexico. If the NFL decides to put a permanent NFL team in the UK for example. I will consider more seriously the two new A. football leagues opening soon. The NFL European experiment failed in Europe already, not because it was not popular, but like always, because it failed to tweak it a bit to the European market.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 10:54 AM)Trademark Wrote: I hate these stupid international games. Watching NFL games at 9 am is just dumb

Yeah, but you hate everything, so...
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I bet it’s fun on injured guys making that long flight back.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF?  This could not have worked out better for us.

This was going to be our longest road trip anyway, so not that much changes for us.  But the Rams not only have to give up a home crowd advantage they also have to make a flight that is considerably longer than ours.

Against a team that is considerably more talented than ours
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 12:43 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Against a team that is considerably more talented than ours

Every Bengal player who was buddies with Whit will be asking him to show them his Super Bowl ring pre-game.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 11:44 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It doesn't bother me for us to have a road game across the pond, but what does bother me is the time slot.

What bothers me even more is the fact the NFL has now moved a divisional game over there, with the Chiefs getting to host the Chargers at Arrowhead, but the Chargers have to host the Chiefs in London. That is absolutely atrocious.

The Chargers got boned.
Reply/Quote
I like London. Im sure those UK Bengals fans are stoked about this.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 08:56 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I bet it’s fun on injured guys making that long flight back.

Depends on where they are flying from. I flew to London from DC, and it took 6.5 hours. I flew from Louisville to LA, and it took 6.5 hours. Not much difference there. Some will  have a longer flight, others will have shorter flights. Won't be any different than playing a team on the other side of the US.... not to say I like it. I don't mind them have a game over there every now and again, but neither team should have to give up a home game. Seems to me they could tweak the schedule to have 2 teams playing away games play and give the would be home teams byes that week.
Reply/Quote
Like people said, it's an away game so no big deal as far as losing a home game. The travel to London isn't incredibly longer than the travel to LA. And the British people who inexplicably (spelled that right on the first try) chose the Bengals on purpose get to go see them play.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 11:16 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Like people said, it's an away game so no big deal as far as losing a home game.  The travel to London isn't incredibly longer than the travel to LA.  And the British people who inexplicably (spelled that right on the first try) chose the Bengals on purpose get to go see them play.

They've adopted the Bengals as one of their favorite teams based on mascot, if I remember the stories right from when the NFL first started playing over there. The biggest thing will be food. I suspect the teams will take their own food and chefs over with them, as I found English food very bland...
Reply/Quote