Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
London Bound
Well .... all i can say is f*****g awesome ! I get to watch the Bengals again in the UK. I cant wait.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF?  This could not have worked out better for us.

This was going to be our longest road trip anyway, so not that much changes for us.  But the Rams not only have to give up a home crowd advantage they also have to make a flight that is considerably longer than ours.

Agreed, I don't get the anguish.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:08 PM)Synric Wrote: 7th time the Jaguars will be in London...

Jaguars are manufactured in England.
Reply/Quote
I’m so excited
Reply/Quote
Its not a home game so who cares; really surprised we didn't have to give up a home game to go to London though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Well, colour (with a 'u') me excited!

Hopefully it's at Tottenham's new stadium - not too far from the stepchildren's house.
Reply/Quote
The good news is, it is an away game. I think the game will air live at 9:30 AM EST unless it is moved to later game.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
This is good news for us. Could be a fun game to with the Taylor story line.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jaguars are manufactured in England.

...i see you Fred  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:34 PM)Bengalboy Wrote: Well .... all i can say is f*****g awesome ! I get to watch the Bengals again in the UK. I cant wait.

Agreed...could not get to the redskins game at wembley so loving that we get a game again.

Hopefully against the super bowl champs and at the new Spurs stadium.   Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 03:43 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The good news is, it is an away game.  I think the game will air live at 9:30 AM EST unless it is moved to later game.

That's what time they usually start.  9:30am EST.  Football all damn day!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
We need to come up with a good Brit name for the Bengals. How about Duke of Puke.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:18 PM)pally Wrote: 2019 Bengals vs Rams will be in London. Rams are the designated home team so we don't lose a game here at PB

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/21/nfl-announces-2019-london-and-mexico-city-games/

Sounds like we got the better of the deal.
Reply/Quote
The London game is gonna cost us the Super Bowl somehow.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:08 PM)Synric Wrote: I wonder how they choose which teams play in London cuz this will be the 3rd year in a row the Raiders have too. 7th time the Jaguars will be in London...

The Broncos haven't played in London since 2010 the Steelers since 2013 both being the only appearance.

I heard teams can state their intentions of wanting to go to play a game.. especially home teams.. Jaguars have done that... I am guessing that goes into their final decision making
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 07:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I heard teams can state their intentions of wanting to go to play a game.. especially home teams.. Jaguars have done that... I am guessing that goes into their final decision making

The owner owns one of the EPL soccer teams and has basically tried to turn the UK into a Jags supporting country. Loads of new fans support them but everyone who has their team just sticks with them.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF?  This could not have worked out better for us.

This was going to be our longest road trip anyway, so not that much changes for us.  But the Rams not only have to give up a home crowd advantage they also have to make a flight that is considerably longer than ours.

I don't think it'll make that much difference. It's not AS IF these teams are flying in super economy booking sitting in coffin seats most economy fares are these days. I don't know exactly how they book, but it's a far cry for the old days and a far cry from economy booking. Hell, most of the players could probably afford to book their own private jets with naked stewardesses..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 11:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't think it'll make that much difference. It's not AS IF these teams are flying in super economy booking sitting in coffin seats most economy fares are these days. I don't know exactly how they book, but it's a far cry for the old days and a far cry from economy booking. Hell, most of the players could probably afford to book their own private jets with naked stewardesses..

Toi many complaints from coaches and players the distance not fun plus jet lag, also forget the travel we get to avoid going out to west coast and play on a neutral field.. win win
Reply/Quote
[Image: theclashlondoncalling.jpg?w=700]
Reply/Quote
It doesn't bother me for us to have a road game across the pond, but what does bother me is the time slot.

What bothers me even more is the fact the NFL has now moved a divisional game over there, with the Chiefs getting to host the Chargers at Arrowhead, but the Chargers have to host the Chiefs in London. That is absolutely atrocious.
Reply/Quote