Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
London Bound
(01-21-2019, 05:57 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: We need to come up with a good Brit name for the Bengals. 

The Bangers.

Perfect for tailgating.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: And I dont expect much. There is a lot of work to be done with this team.

Rams fans probably felt the same way before they hired McVay and made a couple FA signings. They were coming off a 4-12 record. Hadn't had a winning season since 2003. They had the 32nd ranked offense in yards and points. Looked like they had a ton of holes. 

Insert McVay and Whitworth, and bam...they're an 11-5 team. 2 years (and a few more additions) later, Super Bowl.

Now I'm not saying to expect that, but if Taylor is a great coach, it can happen. Great coaching just seems to magically make some holes disappear. We do have the offensive weaponry to score in bunches if they address the line and Taylor has some great schemes.

Nevermind that Del Rio would be a MASSIVE upgrade over the DC mess we had last year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 07:36 PM)Seaneh Wrote: The owner owns one of the EPL soccer teams and has basically tried to turn the UK into a Jags supporting country. Loads of new fans support them but everyone who has their team just sticks with them.

Stan Kroenke owns the Rams, the Boston Red Sox and Arsenal in the EPL.
Reply/Quote
Dang I wish I could afford to go see that game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good news for the 20 or 30 Bengals fans in the UK.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:18 PM)pally Wrote: 2019  Bengals vs Rams will be in London.  Rams are the designated home team so we don't lose a game here at PB

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/21/nfl-announces-2019-london-and-mexico-city-games/

Might try to make this one a father, son, and grandson trip.  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 01:14 AM)Beaker Wrote: Stan Kroenke owns the Rams, the Boston Red Sox and Arsenal in the EPL.

I know that but he’s not really tried to become a public figure over here in the way Khan has with trying to buy Wembley and just being in the public eye.
Reply/Quote
I hate these stupid international games. Watching NFL games at 9 am is just dumb
Reply/Quote
Very tempted to go to that game. I absolutely loved London when I went there back in 2004. I think I'll wait and see what the actual date of the game is though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 10:54 AM)Trademark Wrote: I hate these stupid international games. Watching NFL games at 9 am is just dumb

IIRC, one of the London games this past season was a night game over there, so it started around "normal" time as the 1:00 PM EST games? They might end up doing this for the Bengals game since they are playing against the Rams, a west coast team?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 10:54 AM)Trademark Wrote: I hate these stupid international games. Watching NFL games at 9 am is just dumb

some baileys in the coffee helps
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 01:14 AM)Beaker Wrote: Stan Kroenke owns the Rams, the Boston Red Sox and Arsenal in the EPL.

Kroenke doesn't own the Red Sox. The Fenway group that does (John Henry) also owns Liverpool FC of the EPL. He does also own (Via his wife) the Nuggets (NBA) and Avalanche (NHL).
Reply/Quote

So head over to London and watch the game in the afternoon.
Reply/Quote

Here in AZ its normal, 10:30 AM the first half of the season.   When drinking beer in the morning is normal. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Should insist on games played at McMurdo Station on Ross Island, Antarctica. I'm guessing it might put the freezer bowl to shame.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 03:00 PM)grampahol Wrote: Should insist on games played at McMurdo Station on Ross Island, Antarctica. I'm guessing it might put the freezer bowl to shame.. 

Nah, that would just give Dan Fouts yet another cold weather game to ***** about.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
During the abysmal 2002 season, i started watching the EPL. After a couple of seasons settled on Tottenham Hotspur. Somewhat of a kindred spirit to the Bengals, in my mind. Here it is 15 years later and they have built a state ofvthe art stadium, with a contract for 2 NFL games a year. The soccer field retracts, and the football field is underneath. They can play
an epl game on Saturday, the do an NFL game Sunday. Damn I wish this was a couple of years later! Would be a great trip! Maybe there will be a contest i can win and take my grandson ....
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 11:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Bangers.

Perfect for tailgating.

Lol. Great sausages. Being outdoors is advisable for the amazing after effect.. . 
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Randy and Clark need a super choppy field somewhere to start practicing for this ahead of time. Kicking there is just brutal.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 01:43 AM)SladeX Wrote: Lol. Great sausages. Being outdoors is advisable for the amazing after effect.. . 

should help you stay warm
Reply/Quote