Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
London game.
Guess they will never be closer, so I'll go.

My question would be about accomodation, haven't figured out that one yet. I intend to stay one night, maybe two. Any ideas where a guy who is not excessively wealthy could find a relatively cheap place to stay?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Last time I was in London (2008) we found a decent, affordable hotel in Earls Court. Damned if I can remember the name of it but it was on Hogarth Road, around 2 or 3 blocks from the Underground. Cost was around $125/night.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I allow myself to push this thread to the top once more... any hints would be appreciated. Need to get that done the next days.

Who else is in London, btw.?
Reply/Quote
I'm GB-based and know a little about London so here's some thoughts...

I've had a quick look and found a Travelodge in Ealing which is offering a single room around £120 for the two nights either side of the game (includes breakfast). Travelodge is a chain and basic but clean and you know what you get with them.

Ealing is on the West side of London - 15km from Heathrow and 10km from Wembley (though about 45 minutes on the Underground from both as you'd need to change trains). Slightly less time to get to the centre of the city if sightseeing is your thing.

That's about the cheapest I've found without taking a risk on the quality of the accommodation - if you let me know what's important to you for your stay, I'll have a further look.

I use trivago.co.uk for hotels here.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 03:03 PM)hollodero Wrote: I allow myself to push this thread to the top once more... any hints would be appreciated. Need to get that done the next days.

Who else is in London, btw.?
 im traveling there and used airbnb.. got a place about 15 minutes north of london for around $110 a night.
Reply/Quote
can you pass the info along ill try to go to london too
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Last time I was in London, I stayed at the Best Western. Good location and nice place.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
any updates on this weekends games?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 07:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  im traveling there and used airbnb.. got a place about 15 minutes north of london for around $110 a night.

I was going to suggest air bnb as well. I have not used it, but it seems popular in Europe and I think it would be a reasonable way to go. I stayed in a hotel right outside Heathrow once that was little more than a bed and a bathroom - but for this kind of trip what more do you need?

I've never used a travel agency OP and would not for this kind of trip either. Just jump on your favorite booking site and cobble it together based on the suggestions already posted. Have fun! People in the UK are wonderfully friendly in my experience.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 10:18 AM)xxlt Wrote: I was going to suggest air bnb as well. I have not used it, but it seems popular in Europe and I think it would be a reasonable way to go. I stayed in a hotel right outside Heathrow once that was little more than a bed and a bathroom - but for this kind of trip what more do you need?

I've never used a travel agency OP and would not for this kind of trip either. Just jump on your favorite booking site and cobble it together based on the suggestions already posted. Have fun! People in the UK are wonderfully friendly in my experience.

Thank you and all of you!

I however have decided in the meantime to just go to London and see where fate leads me. I'm too young for booking hotels - so I claim.

Who is there?
Someone up for a victory beer?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 09:41 AM)hollodero Wrote: Thank you and all of you!

I however have decided in the meantime to just go to London and see where fate leads me. I'm too young for booking hotels - so I claim.

Who is there?
Someone up for a victory beer?

I've never done a hostel, and I hear they can be great or really primitive, but perhaps one or more is in your future.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 10:35 AM)xxlt Wrote: I've never done a hostel, and I hear they can be great or really primitive, but perhaps one or more is in your future.

Yeah... perhaps. Comfort is overrated.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 10:57 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah... perhaps. Comfort is overrated.

I am starting to think about travel the way PB thought about football: it is a young man's game!

Have a great trip brother. Let us know about it...
Reply/Quote