Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long time lurker mock
Post signing of Dansby and LaFell. I did this one using the composite board on Fanspeak. Trades were allowed but I didn't make any:

24: R1P24
DE KEVIN DODD
CLEMSON

I really think the Bengals are going to try to solidify the DL going forward. Having Dodd who can set the edge and move inside on passing downs would be tremendous. He's got the length (6'5") the Bengals like. And with LaFell as placeholder, the Bengals don't have to reach for a WR.

===========================

55: R2P24
WR STERLING SHEPARD
OKLAHOMA

The Bengals DO still need one more talented receiver and Shepard should be it. Of the WRs left in round two, he's the most ready to play the #2 receiver or in the slot. He's also got return experience which will help.

87: R3P24
CB KEIVARAE RUSSELL
NOTRE DAME

Russell had some academic issues at ND and fought back to earn a starting spot. I'd say that erased most doubts about his character. Playing the top CB for ND also put him against some of the best receivers in college and he held his own or bettered them.

122: R4P24
C GRAHAM GLASGOW
MICHIGAN

I was surprised to see Glasgow down this far. The Bengals need a lineman who can back up the interior of the line and perhaps replace Bodine if he continues to stagnate or Zeitler if he leaves after next season.

161: R5P22
S K.J. DILLON
WEST VIRGINIA

Dillon was part of the dual threat safeties at WV along with Karl Joseph (who is expected to go much higher). Should be a quality backup at the FS position while Williams and Smith move up the pecking order.

199: R6P24
OLB TERRANCE SMITH
FSU

Smith gives depth at LB and can play all three positions in the 4-3 defense.

245: R7P24
DT NILE LAWRENCE-STAMPLE
FSU

Lawrence-Stample is a sack of wet cement in the run game. Developmental pick who could wind up being Peko's replacement down the road.
Reply/Quote
I like this draft all around. Not very big on Glasgow. KJ Dillon reminds me of Buchanon from AZ. I like him a lot. Hits needs and with pretty good players. One of the better mocks I have seen on the boards.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 01:56 PM)WrongVerb Wrote: Post signing of Dansby and LaFell. I did this one using the composite board on Fanspeak. Trades were allowed but I didn't make any:

24: R1P24
DE KEVIN DODD
CLEMSON

I really think the Bengals are going to try to solidify the DL going forward. Having Dodd who can set the edge and move inside on passing downs would be tremendous. He's got the length (6'5") the Bengals like. And with LaFell as placeholder, the Bengals don't have to reach for a WR.

55: R2P24
WR STERLING SHEPARD
OKLAHOMA

The Bengals DO still need one more talented receiver and Shepard should be it. Of the WRs left in round two, he's the most ready to play the #2 receiver or in the slot. He's also got return experience which will help.

87: R3P24
CB KEIVARAE RUSSELL
NOTRE DAME

Russell had some academic issues at ND and fought back to earn a starting spot. I'd say that erased most doubts about his character. Playing the top CB for ND also put him against some of the best receivers in college and he held his own or bettered them.

122: R4P24
C GRAHAM GLASGOW
MICHIGAN

I was surprised to see Glasgow down this far. The Bengals need a lineman who can back up the interior of the line and perhaps replace Bodine if he continues to stagnate or Zeitler if he leaves after next season.

161: R5P22
S K.J. DILLON
WEST VIRGINIA

Dillon was part of the dual threat safeties at WV along with Karl Joseph (who is expected to go much higher). Should be a quality backup at the FS position while Williams and Smith move up the pecking order.

199: R6P24
OLB TERRANCE SMITH
FSU

Smith gives depth at LB and can play all three positions in the 4-3 defense.

245: R7P24
DT NILE LAWRENCE-STAMPLE
FSU

Lawrence-Stample is a sack of wet cement in the run game. Developmental pick who could wind up being Peko's replacement down the road.

I like this draft a lot. I'm still hoping that we can draft a LB that gives us that athleticism, don't know much about Terrance Smith. Overall solid job.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 10:57 AM)Crowe Wrote: I like this draft a lot. I'm still hoping that we can draft a LB that gives us that athleticism, don't know much about Terrance Smith. Overall solid job.

Terrance Smith has a ton of athleticism. The knock on him is that he's never been able to translate his speed and athleticism to become a dominant LB at Florida St. That's a huge reason he's projected as such a late round pick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 12:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Terrance Smith has a ton of athleticism. The knock on him is that he's never been able to translate his speed and athleticism to become a dominant LB at Florida St. That's a huge reason he's projected as such a late round pick.

I'll take a flyer than on a guy like that for sure.
Reply/Quote
I''l take it. Got a couple of my favorites in Shepard and Dillon, not to mention a couple of Noles.
Reply/Quote