Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longest Week
Okay. This has officially become the longest week in my life as a Bengal fan since their last Super Bowl.  Waiting on Zac Taylor and his pending coaching staff decisions.  

I can't wait until press conference.  

I suffered through the Pro-Bowl which is as bad as it gets.  And a boring golf game.

What is everyone doing besides checking this thread 10 times a day for new news?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hear you. At least we know who is going to be the focus of that press conference.

I'd guess it will happen next Wednesday. Zac's going to need a couple of days to either enjoy the Rams' victory or get over their defeat before facing the media and starting his new job.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 02:20 AM)Shady Wrote: I hear you. At least we know who is going to be the focus of that press conference.

I'd guess it will happen next Wednesday. Zac's going to need a couple of days to either enjoy the Rams' victory or get over their defeat before facing the media and starting his new job.

He better have a jet waiting and be here first thing Monday morning. LOL

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 08:28 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: He better have a jet waiting and be here first thing Monday morning. LOL

Hell he will be lucky if they get him a direct flight.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 08:36 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Hell he will be lucky if they get him a direct flight.

Lol. Probably have a 30 minute layover in Frankfurt, Germany.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 08:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Lol. Probably have a 30 minute layover in Frankfurt, Germany.

Wrong way Feldman the pilot??
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 02:20 AM)Shady Wrote: I hear you. At least we know who is going to be the focus of that press conference.

yeah hes leaving Atlanta sunday and landing in cincy not LA
Reply/Quote
Every week in the 90's was far longer than this week...
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Ha, just wait until the Federal Judge who just took over the NO fans lawsuit slaps a temporary injunction on the league making them wait to play the SB until the case is heard..... Don't laugh, they haven't tossed the case out yet, and the game is supposed to be played Sunday. If the plaintiffs ask for temporary injunction, they would likely have the grounds to get one.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 08:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ha, just wait until the Federal Judge who just took over the NO fans lawsuit slaps a temporary injunction on the league making them wait to play the SB until the case is heard..... Don't laugh, they haven't tossed the case out yet, and the game is supposed to be played Sunday. If the plaintiffs ask for temporary injunction, they would likely have the grounds to get one.

Say What
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 08:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ha, just wait until the Federal Judge who just took over the NO fans lawsuit slaps a temporary injunction on the league making them wait to play the SB until the case is heard..... Don't laugh, they haven't tossed the case out yet, and the game is supposed to be played Sunday. If the plaintiffs ask for temporary injunction, they would likely have the grounds to get one.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Those trash fans need to accept their karma for bounty-gate.  I find it hilarious how much they're crying.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 12:18 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Yeah, good luck with that.

Those trash fans need to accept their karma for bounty-gate.  I find it hilarious how much they're crying.

Not that I disagree with your sentiment, but like I say, the suit has not been dismissed yet and if they game is allowed to be played, it kind of damages one party to it..... not saying it it going to happen, but don't be surprised.
Reply/Quote

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 02:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Okay. This has officially become the longest week in my life as a Bengal fan since their last Super Bowl.  Waiting on Zac Taylor and his pending coaching staff decisions.  

I can't wait until press conference.  

I suffered through the Pro-Bowl which is as bad as it gets.  And a boring golf game.

What is everyone doing besides checking this thread 10 times a day for new news?

at least the waiting game to know when is over....  Only a few more days and we will know. everything
Reply/Quote
The judges usually have a lot of $$$ riding on pro sports so I would say the case will be dismissed.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 12:17 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The judges usually have a lot of $$$ riding on pro sports so I would say the case will be dismissed.

What if the judges had bet on the saints?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 12:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What if the judges had bet on the saints?

Exactly, and the first Federal Judge that got the case recused himself because he is a Saints season ticket holder. If he just saw this case being dismissed outright, that would not have been necessary. Don't think they aren't taking this seriously. It may get dismissed, but this is no joke. I'm betting the league is sweating bullets.....
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 01:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly, and the first Federal Judge that got the case recused himself because he is a Saints season ticket holder. If he just saw this case being dismissed outright, that would not have been necessary. Don't think they aren't taking this seriously. It may get dismissed, but this is no joke. I'm betting the league is sweating bullets.....

I think it would be less an issue without the sports gambling but now that nfl has legal sports gambling... It has to so competitive fairness in how it calls games or they will have worse issues than angry fans.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 02:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think it would be less an issue without the sports gambling but now that nfl has legal sports gambling... It has to so competitive fairness in how it calls games or they will have worse issues than angry fans.

Yep, because now aggrieved fans can show monetary damage for ridiculously blown calls, whereas before, there was no way to say you were harmed, hence no standing to bring a suit. That's what they call unintended consequences….
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 09:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not that I disagree with your sentiment, but like I say, the suit has not been dismissed yet and if they game is allowed to be played, it kind of damages one party to it..... not saying it it going to happen, but don't be surprised.
There is no damn way any judge is gonna be the guy postponing the SB.  He would have to leave the country.  Those delusional Saints fans just need to suck it up and move on.  Yes, you got screwed but that's just the way it is and no judge can help you now.  Talk about frivolous lawsuits.  This one might be the king of them all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote