Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look at Vic Beasley?
The titans are cutting Vic Beasley and Jonathon Joseph after a rough outing against the Bengals.. I'd at least bring Vic in for a look...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30253102/tennessee-titans-tell-linebacker-vic-beasley-jr-released-wednesday
Reply/Quote
He is worth a look for sure, but he isn't the premium pass rusher that we all thought he was back in 2016. It is also concerning that the Titans, who have one of the worst pass rushes in the entire league, is cutting him.

Still, worth a look to see if he could provide anything, I agree.
Reply/Quote
Joseph was always one of my favorites, I hated to see him leave. 14 seasons, later, seems time finally caught up with him, but the man had a hell of a career.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Beasley has 3 tackles in 5 games this year.
Reply/Quote
They already had a look at him. They don’t need another

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 02:13 AM)Tony Wrote: The titans are cutting Vic Beasley and Jonathon Joseph after a rough outing against the Bengals.. I'd at least bring Vic in for a look...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30253102/tennessee-titans-tell-linebacker-vic-beasley-jr-released-wednesday

It couldn’t hurt. We need some help generating pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Showed up 10 days late for camp, immediately claimed injury..... pass. We just got rid of one disgruntled DE, we don't need a worse one.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 02:30 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: He is worth a look for sure, but he isn't the premium pass rusher that we all thought he was back in 2016. It is also concerning that the Titans, who have one of the worst pass rushes in the entire league, is cutting him.

He still had 8.0 sacks last year and hasn't had fewer than 4.0 every season until this season.
He's only 28 years old, so he should have another few solid years remaining.
Last, he's a better option than Bledsoe, so he's worth taking a chance on, even if he's not a top-end sack master.
He might also provide some decent insurance in case Lawson decides to go elsewhere in FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Remember, we're talking about a team just 2 weeks ago that was 5-0 and easily a top 8-10 defense and could do no wrong. They had the formula to go to the SB. Excellent coaching staff, very good defense, great RB who can control the game, efficient QB, etc.

Now just 2 weeks later they dump a couple starters and our last place Bengals with as bad a D as there is in the league is too good for them. Got it.Get off your high horse boys.

These are EXACTLY the kind of pickups winning organizations actually make. They believe they can provide the confidence and atmosphere required to get these players back to performing.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 11:48 AM)ochocincos Wrote: He still had 8.0 sacks last year and hasn't had fewer than 4.0 every season until this season.
Last, he's a better option than Bledsoe, so he's worth taking a chance on, even if he's not a top-end sack master.
He might also provide some decent insurance in case Lawson decides to go elsewhere in FA.

No Lawson please don't!
Reply/Quote
Worth a look at least.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 11:55 AM)thillan Wrote: No Lawson please don't!

Lawson's sack numbers are disappointing, but he's tied for 4th in the league with 13 QB Hits.
It's hard to estimate due to the declining cap for next year, but I think some team may offer him $10+ mill a year.
I also expect WJ3 will get offered $10+ mill a year.

Will the Bengals be willing to put that much into those two players?
I would, but I'd probably look to backload it some so that the 2021 cap hit is lower.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 12:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Lawson's sack numbers are disappointing, but he's tied for 4th in the league with 13 QB Hits.
It's hard to estimate due to the declining cap for next year, but I think some team may offer him $10+ mill a year.

I would, but I'd probably look to backload it some so that the 2021 cap hit is lower.

Ive often wondered if WJ3 really even wants to sign here again instead of moving on. It would be nice to keep him, but he might not want to stay.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 02:30 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: He is worth a look for sure, but he isn't the premium pass rusher that we all thought he was back in 2016. It is also concerning that the Titans, who have one of the worst pass rushes in the entire league, is cutting him.

Beasley has got to better than our 5th rounder Kareem on pass rush...  I would kick tires at least.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 12:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Lawson's sack numbers are disappointing, but he's tied for 4th in the league with 13 QB Hits.

No doubt. Remember, Lawson was playing very well early last year, iirc, when the Bengals showed some semblance of Dunlop on the other side of him before Carlos disappeared. Don't care who you are not named Garrett that if you don't have another pass-rusher to go along with Lawson then opponents can easily scheme. Had Lawson not had a couple off-sides penalties the past couple weeks hardly anyone would be dissing him.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 11:54 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Remember, we're talking about a team just 2 weeks ago that was 5-0 and easily a top 8-10 defense and could do no wrong. They had the formula to go to the SB. Excellent coaching staff, very good defense, great RB who can control the game, efficient QB, etc.

Now just 2 weeks later they dump a couple starters and our last place Bengals with as bad a D as there is in the league is too good for them. Got it.Get off your high horse boys.

These are EXACTLY the kind of pickups winning organizations actually make. They believe they can provide the confidence and atmosphere required to get these players back to performing.
I was thinking the same thing. A 1 year flyer for the rest of the year to see how he works on our system is worth it to me.. Some of these guys on here act like we got a bunch of all pros on our D line lol... It's a win win situation. If he doesn't work hes gone next year.  He has gotta be better then the guys we got playing right now besides Lawson...
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 12:15 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Ive often wondered if WJ3 really even wants to sign here again instead of moving on. It would be nice to keep him, but he might not want to stay.

There has been Rumours he has been one of the disgruntled vets. I guess we will find out..
Reply/Quote
At least based on my own eye-balling of it, the FA CB market for 2021 looks really think, unless a bunch of high priced vets get cut. WJIII might be the top FA CB on the market, along with Chidobe Awuzie (Dal). That alone means we should franchise him. If he's really that disgruntled we can trade him, or if not still re-sign him. Just spitballing here.

Doesn't hurt to kick the tires on Beasley but the only way we should actually sign him is if we have a real reason to believe he'll be more productive here, like if say one of our coaches knows him personally.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 11:54 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Remember, we're talking about a team just 2 weeks ago that was 5-0 and easily a top 8-10 defense and could do no wrong. They had the formula to go to the SB. Excellent coaching staff, very good defense, great RB who can control the game, efficient QB, etc.

All of which makes me wonder why they cut him......
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 11:48 AM)ochocincos Wrote: He still had 8.0 sacks last year and hasn't had fewer than 4.0 every season until this season.

This, bring him in, or at least take a look at him and hope all he needs is to get healthy.
Reply/Quote