Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look at Vic Beasley?
(11-04-2020, 03:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: All of which makes me wonder why they cut him......

Could be scheme fit.
He's played in 5 games but has 0 sacks, 1 QB hit, 1 FF, and just 3 tackles.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 05:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Could be scheme fit.
He's played in 5 games but has 0 sacks, 1 QB hit, 1 FF, and just 3 tackles.

Seems to be more of a 4-3 End which would fit here.
Reply/Quote
Remember how we all got mad at Lawson about lining up offsides Sunday and then also on back to back weeks? Beasley did it twice in one game. Actually, it was twice during the same drive!
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 07:24 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: Remember how we all got mad at Lawson about lining up offsides Sunday and then also on  back to back weeks?  Beasley did it twice in one game.   Actually, it was twice during the same drive!

Yeah, need to be disciplined, but as a back up I think Beasley could be better than Bledsoe is all I am saying....
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 07:24 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: Remember how we all got mad at Lawson about lining up offsides Sunday and then also on  back to back weeks?  Beasley did it twice in one game.   Actually, it was twice during the same drive!

It means he got it all out of his system playing for the opponent.lol
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 07:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, need to be disciplined, but as a back up I think Beasley could be better than Bledsoe is all I am saying....

What do they have to lose right? I’m not against kicking the tires!!
Reply/Quote
If he couldn't even get on the stat sheet while playing 52% of the snaps against the Bengals janky 2nd string OL, why would you want him?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 07:34 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: What do they have to lose right?  I’m not against kicking the tires!!

Feel the same. 

Nothing wrong with seeing if a player like Beasley who once led the NFL in sacks in a season has something still in him.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 08:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same. 

Nothing wrong with seeing if a player like Beasley who once led the NFL in sacks in a season has something still in him.

We saw this year. He has nothing left. He got dominated by a ragtag group of linemen and has been getting tossed around in Tennessee for weeks. Why give him more money he hasn't earned?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 02:52 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: We saw this year. He has nothing left. He got dominated by a ragtag group of linemen and has been getting tossed around in Tennessee for weeks. Why give him more money he hasn't earned?

Does Beasley have a situation like Bell did with his previous team picking up most of his salary so he'd be willing to take a vet min to just play for a new contract, maybe to show it was just a bad fit for him in Tenn? Even then, I could see him taking a huge discounted prove it deal somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 02:52 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: We saw this year. He has nothing left. He got dominated by a ragtag group of linemen and has been getting tossed around in Tennessee for weeks. Why give him more money he hasn't earned?

I just don't understand how a player as young as him has nothing left and isn't better than Bledsoe.

I don't want to give him a lot of money, if that is the case, hell no. I just thought he could be a better back up than what we 
currently have. You don't just lead the NFL in sacks one year and have no talent.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 07:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If he couldn't even get on the stat sheet while playing 52% of the snaps against the Bengals janky 2nd string OL, why would you want him?

^This, 100%.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 05:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just don't understand how a player as young as him has nothing left and isn't better than Bledsoe.

I don't want to give him a lot of money, if that is the case, hell no. I just thought he could be a better back up than what we 
currently have. You don't just lead the NFL in sacks one year and have no talent.

Scroll down to "Grades vs Stats" and read about Beasley's 2016 season. 

https://www.pff.com/grades

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 08:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Scroll down to "Grades vs Stats" and read about Beasley's 2016 season. 

https://www.pff.com/grades

No offense, but what does what he did in 2016 have to do with where he is right now?  In football years, that was a lifetime ago.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 09:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No offense, but what does what he did in 2016 have to do with where he is right now?  In football years, that was a lifetime ago.

Name recognition. He's recognized for that one 16 sack season. The year before that he had 4 sacks. The 3 1/2 years after, he had a combined 18. On top of that, he has minimal tackle totals. 

He would be a waste of money. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 09:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Name recognition. He's recognized for that one 16 sack season. The year before that he had 4 sacks. The 3 1/2 years after, he had a combined 18. On top of that, he has minimal tackle totals. 

He would be a waste of money. 

I agree, I don't subscribe to PFF, so I couldn't discern much from your link..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 09:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, I don't subscribe to PFF, so I couldn't discern much from your link..

It just pointed out why his grade was lower than Khalil Mack's. Half his sacks were unblocked or QBs "pushed" toward him, minimal pressure, etc. 

Basically, that it was just a fluke year. 

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 09:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It just pointed out why his grade was lower than Khalil Mack's. Half his sacks were unblocked or QBs "pushed" toward him, minimal pressure, etc. 

That sounds similar to the year MJ had before he left and went to Tampa Bay. TB way over paid him for the production that was more due to the players around him than MJ dominating.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2020, 09:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It just pointed out why his grade was lower than Khalil Mack's. Half his sacks were unblocked or QBs "pushed" toward him, minimal pressure, etc. 

Alright, talked me out of him, good job Rfaulk. Mellow
Reply/Quote