I think when you tend to play with a lead and
The defense kinda knows or has a idea what a offense
Is attempting to execute .....it sure easier to make
Tackles down field.
Especially in the 4th q. Of a game.
Offense and defense really needs to play complimentry
This year.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2020, 11:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I just don't remember seeing Bates miss very many tackles. I think something is suspect here.

He struggled early in the season but then played better at the end. I Would not worry about it that much.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
According to ProFootballReference.com over the last two seasons Shawn williams is third in tackles among safeties with 224 and Bates is fifth with 211.

The numbers were inflated some by the high number of plays the defense has been on the field, but I think mainly they were making the tackles that LBs made on other teams.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2020, 04:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am curious how you know anything you just wrote?

Have the Bengals reached out? If so, please tell us how you know that.

I know he wants a large dollar contract. Show me where he says different.
I believe he is worth less than his asking price, hence why he is signed to zero teams, unless something happened overnight.
I never mentioned anything about the Bengals, or any other specific team, reaching out. Not even sure where you pulled any part of that out of my statement. I'm sure someone has, but if someone offered him exactly what he wanted, he would be signed by now and would deposit that check.
Clowney is not with a team based on his own decisions, right or wrong.

You ask why not Clowney, as if it is the Bengals exclusive choice, as well. For Clowney, why not the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
Fred

Sometimes you are a cantankerous guy but dam if  you don't  know your stuff. This thread is a great insight.

Really good extra comment about number of tackles by safeties because LBs were whiffing or not getting close.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Still better than vigil.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2020, 06:00 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think when you tend to play with a lead and
The defense kinda knows or has a idea what a offense
Is attempting to execute .....it sure easier to make
Tackles down field.
Especially in the 4th q. Of a game.
Offense and defense really needs to play complimentry
This year.

Pretty much key to everything right there! Defense has to stop people, which they didn't and offense has to keep the chains moving, which they didn't.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2020, 01:45 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Still better than vigil.

Who's that, Bynes?
Reply/Quote