Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look at it this way......
For all the wrist slitters out there, look at it this way. Would you rather beat the Jets yesterday, then come in to the Browns game and lose, or would you rather take the loss yesterday and have them bounce back next week to beat a Division rival? Obviously we'd all love for them to win them all, but that is not reality. I will take the Jets loss and the wakeup call over them winning yesterday then dropping one to the Clowns.
Reply/Quote
Ravens was the Superbowl. It's all downhill from here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:19 AM)jj22 Wrote: Ravens was the Superbowl. It's all downhill from here.

[Image: 21b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: For all the wrist slitters out there, look at it this way. Would you rather beat the Jets yesterday, then come in to the Browns game and lose, or would you rather take the loss yesterday and have them bounce back next week to beat a Division rival? Obviously we'd all love for them to win them all, but that is not reality. I will take the Jets loss and the wakeup call over them winning yesterday then dropping one to the Clowns.

What if after the browns we are 5-4
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:19 AM)jj22 Wrote: Ravens was the Superbowl. It's all downhill from here.

Look I'm all for doom and gloom after what we saw yesterday but at the same time it's one game. Is the season over for the Chargers and Bucs because they lost to some average teams yesterday?

We had a bad game, maybe it snowballs into more bad games or maybe we adjust and start winning games again. That defense wasn't what we have seen all year, let's wait and see what they show next week.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: What if after the browns we are 5-4

Well that will suck won't it, but we will still be right in the middle of the division hunt. But I don't believe we will be.  Tiger The way some of you (not you in particular)  are acting you'd think we had no wins.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:24 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Look I'm all for doom and gloom after what we saw yesterday but at the same time it's one game. Is the season over for the Chargers and Bucs because they lost to some average teams yesterday?

We had a bad game, maybe it snowballs into more bad games or maybe we adjust and start winning games again. That defense wasn't what we have seen all year, let's wait and see what they show next week.

Chargers/Buc's aren't the Bengals. We have history to point to. What yesterday's game proved is that these ARE our Fathers Bengals. And that should tell us all we need to know about how this is going to play out.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: What if after the browns we are 5-4

Then it's what many people predicted earlier in the season, only flip the losses between BAL and NYJ.
This team will do better than I originally predicted (6-8 wins), but making the playoffs isn't a high probability yet given their inconsistent play.
I think they have another 3-5 wins in them, putting them at 8-10 wins.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:24 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Look I'm all for doom and gloom after what we saw yesterday but at the same time it's one game. Is the season over for the Chargers and Bucs because they lost to some average teams yesterday?

That had always been the Bengal Way.....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Would you rather beat the Jets yesterday, then come in to the Browns game and lose, or would you rather take the loss yesterday and have them bounce back next week to beat a Division rival?

Why are these the only possible choices?

Why couldn't we win both?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: Chargers/Buc's aren't the Bengals. We have history to point to. What yesterday's game proved is that these ARE our Fathers Bengals. And that should tell us all we need to know about how this is going to play out.

(11-01-2021, 10:27 AM)Interceptor Wrote: That had always been the Bengal Way.....

You guys trying to put me in a worse mood this morning :

[Image: giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ec14d5ea7ba75915f....webp&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why are these the only possible choices?

Why couldn't we win both?

We could Fred, but obviously we didn't. I even said in the post "obviously we'd love for them to win them all"
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:32 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: You guys trying to put me in a worse mood this morning :

[Image: giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ec14d5ea7ba75915f....webp&ct=g]

You mean the Bengal Mood. That's how we roll. Bengal fandom is not for the faint of heart. Take solace in the fact that The Cardiac Cats are back.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:27 AM)Interceptor Wrote: That had always been the Bengal Way.....

comon everyone! We were playing Mike "TB12 incarnate" White! we should have not got our hopes up. This guy is going to lead this Jets team to SB56.  Sarcasm  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 11:09 AM)kalibengal Wrote: comon everyone! We were playing Mike "TB12 incarnate" White! we should have not got our hopes up. This guy is going to lead this Jets team to SB56.  Sarcasm  

Actually, if that's a bad game for us by scoring only 31 points, imagine how much we'd score firing on all cylinders.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Then it's what many people predicted earlier in the season, only flip the losses between BAL and NYJ.
This team will do better than I originally predicted (6-8 wins), but making the playoffs isn't a high probability yet given their inconsistent play.

This is probably the most likely scenario.  Others were posting before the Jets game about the Bengals going 15-2, 14-3 and some other nonsense.  Yes, it was great to beat the Ravens (which was one of the best teams), but we lost to the worst team in the league yesterday.  I think what we've got here is a good team that wins slightly more than it loses, but not a great team.

Some have said our schedule wasn't that tough and we'd win the vast majority of our games.  Frankly, I don't see one easy game the rest of the year and I think each one will be a dogfight. 

This is either going to be a huge wake-up call for this team or the beginning of the end.  Hopefully this will quiet down some of that sideline chatter about winning it all only 7 games into the season.  Don't get me wrong, I like the confidence, but I think they totally looked past the Jets yesterday.  Without those defensive turnovers, it would've been much, much worse.

One game at a time and see where we're at the end of the regular season.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I saw someone before the game saying regular season doesn’t matter, only playoffs. So really, who cares who we beat or don’t beat as long as we make the playoffs. Right now we have a wildcard spot and I’m good with that. It’s playoff or bust at this point, and I don’t really care how we get there as long as we do. As much as I hate losing to the jets we are 2-0 vs the division on the road. Still have great odds to accomplish what we want, a playoff berth.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Then it's what many people predicted earlier in the season, only flip the losses between BAL and NYJ.

I think this is what bothers people.  Everyone expects/expected the team to lose more games this season.  Every game was winnable, and maybe they still win out the rest of the year.  But there was fear of overlooking the Lions, and they took care of business.  They played a big game and won against the Ravens.  But then failed to come up and take the Jets as they should.  Which is concerning.  

Maybe it's a wake up call for the team.  Or maybe they still don't have the leadership/maturity to avoid the letdown.  Which is concerning if you're talking about playoffs, where the end of the season and each playoff game may require one statement game/big win after another.  

I'm not mailing it in on the season, but I'm sure disappointed to see the defense especially come out so flat yesterday, and absolutely raises concerns about how the team will perform in the future after a big game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: For all the wrist slitters out there, look at it this way. Would you rather beat the Jets yesterday, then come in to the Browns game and lose, or would you rather take the loss yesterday and have them bounce back next week to beat a Division rival? Obviously we'd all love for them to win them all, but that is not reality. I will take the Jets loss and the wakeup call over them winning yesterday then dropping one to the Clowns.

Guess we'll see if that translates to a Browns win or not.

Never understood why a professional team(especially one who only has 17 chances a year) needs to be woken up to play. 
Reply/Quote

The only way a team is allowed to use either the "it's one game" or the Aaron Rodgers "R E L A X" responses after losses is to be able to point to one or more Lombardi's on the team's bookcase. It has to be EARNED. Otherwise the expectation is they are 100% ready to play each and every game and play fully up to their abilities every game. 
Reply/Quote