Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leadership??????
I don't want this to be your average bash Dalton thread but something has to give. I know the line sucks, OC situation is a mess etc. But the one thing I take away from this shit show is Dalton is not a leader. I have lost what little faith I had in him. He is supposed to be the leader on the field even when this team is horrible. He can't do it, he's throwing plays away without even trying. He needs to have everything around him perfect to be an above average QB. He is not leading this team anywhere, even if this line gets fixed it will be something else. Always is with him. I'm not placing all the blame on him, but the way he's performing on the field now should be obvious to everyone that things are never going to be perfect around him to make a SB run, dosent matter how many 1st round pics we trot out there on offense. Again I know this line has him rattled, but you still have to find a way to make something happen. So far he just can't do it.
Reply/Quote
Question mark key stuck??????
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
[Image: marvin1.jpeg?w=640]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 06:28 PM)BigSeph Wrote:

This right here is a perfect example. As well as Marvin not being able to have a team ready. Not sure when this was but they sure as hell didnt sound enthused to be there.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 06:48 PM)TKUHL Wrote: This right here is a perfect example. As well as Marvin not being able to have a team ready. Not sure when this was but they sure as hell didnt sound enthused to be there.

I don't see Andy becoming a motivational speaker after his nfl career is over.
Reply/Quote
Our leadership at the top won't hold anyone accountable. What else matters?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 06:52 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I don't see Andy becoming a motivational speaker after his nfl career is over.

Depends on what team he's trying to motivate then.

"Jeepers, guys, we're all winners today.  Now let's get out there and not keep track of the score.  And, Mom brought Capri sun and pretzel sticks for afterward!"   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 05:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I don't want this to be your average bash Dalton thread but something has to give. I know the line sucks, OC situation is a mess etc. But the one thing I take away from this shit show is Dalton is not a leader. I have lost what little faith I had in him. He is supposed to be the leader on the field even when this team is horrible. He can't do it, he's throwing plays away without even trying. He needs to have everything around him perfect to be an above average QB. He is not leading this team anywhere, even if this line gets fixed it will be something else. Always is with him. I'm not placing all the blame on him, but the way he's performing on the field now should be obvious to everyone that things are never going to be perfect around him to make a SB run, dosent matter how many 1st round pics we trot out there on offense. Again I know this line has him rattled, but you still have to find a way to make something happen. So far he just can't do it.

My Manager, who happened to have been a HS QB, back in the day, taught me that in order to get others to follow and support, one must lead by example.  For instance, when I first started Surveying, I was a bit skittish about getting into black swamp water, where cottonmouths and alligators are known to be.  He took the lead and jumped right it.  He also said something about not ever asking anyone to do anything that he wouldn't do himself.

My point of that, as it pertains to Andy and the team, is that perhaps Andy should audible more often.  Maybe when the pass rush is busting loose, perhaps he should tuck and sprint to the outside and head downfield more often.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm not overly fond of his body language on the sidelines when things aren't going well. Instead of rallying the troops or cheering on the defense, he stands by himself holding on to the front of his shoulder pads and stares off into the abyss. I'll hedge this observation by pointing out two things: 1) I've seen other QB's do this from time to time and 2) Obviously the camera isn't on him 100% of the time.
Reply/Quote
The defense has players like Burfict and Pacman. But since Whitworth left, there is a noticeable vacuum of leadership on the offensive side of the ball. Dalton and Green have been saying for years how they're going to be more vocal, but I'm simply not seeing it. Although Green took a step in the right direction by finally sounding off last night.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller spent quite a bit of time on the Bengals today. They criticized Andy's demeanor on the sidelines. I'm sure Andy wants to win as much as any QB in the league, but he doesn't express it. You seldom see him trying to rally the troops on the sidelines.

I'd be curious to see his personality score; I'd imagine it is not in tune with leadership. To be frank I don't see anyone on the O lighting a fire; maybe Whit did it, but he's gone. Hopefully AJ's recent speaking out will lead to his digging in his player's behind. I think Jeremy has the mentality, but he's lost any clout he has with the team.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
There is just 0 fire in these players on offense. Palmer was the same way but man, I think Dalton is worse. Are these guys just too damn nice. I know Green, Bernard and a few others are just too quiet to be that spark but damn. I was kinda in Daltons corner last night, still mad at him but I get it, but after watching it again today I'm pretty much done with this guy. He has to be surrounded by talent to be competitive, and the minute the talent around him gets diminished so does his play. Of course the QB is only as good as the players around him but he takes it to another level. I'm just convinced it dosent matter how good we are on offense, you will still never know which Andy will show up.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 06:52 PM)phil413 Wrote: Our leadership at the top won't hold anyone accountable.  What else matters?

^THIS^

The very tip top of the pyramid of leadership is broken ! The top bricks below him aren't held accountable and any true leadership on down the line is impossible. 

The culture here just can't support any true leadership. I'm in no way trying to make excuses for Dalton, it's just that Dalton can't push a rope either ! And trying to have leadership in a dysfunctional, unaccountable, culture is like trying to push a rope.
Reply/Quote