Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look, what I called week 1, and now here we are! Zampese better figure it out.
I don't want to come on here and be a "negative nancy" but I think Zampese needs to figure some things out.  For example, why not utilize the screen game EARLIER in the game to avoid some of that pressure Dalton faced all day.  My biggest gripe is that last drive, after Nugent just missed the 52 yard fg we run 2 vanilla sweep plays that I felt were just terrible calls in that situation, as if Nugent was a 100% guarantee from that distance, we are lucky AJ Green and Dalton bailed the coaching staff out, but then again that is usually the case, our players having to overcome terrible coaching to find a way to win games.  Marvin Lewis the king of the first drive timeout(watch out next week, guarantee we burn 1 or maybe 2 on our first drive).  Overall, GREAT win, glad we got it done, but clock management and those 2 awful run calls just about cost us on that final drive.  Go Bengals!
Reply/Quote
It's his first year for crying out loud!!!!
Reply/Quote
I woulda ran it twice too. We needed to run that clock down and Jeremy Hill looked to be heating up
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:45 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I woulda ran it twice too.  We needed to run that clock down and Jeremy Hill looked to be heating up

and Dalton wasn't already on FIRE?  I understand 1, but back to back nearly the identical play when they were crowding the line....come on, how about a tight end release, or middle screen...something to get us a for sure field goal, and maybe even a touchdown so we don't have to put the game in the hands of the officials to make a phantom "illegal hit" call. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:43 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's his first year for crying out loud!!!!

I understand that, but the thing is, these are things that OC's at the high school level usually figure out within a drive. 
Reply/Quote
W
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:46 PM)740Bengal Wrote: and Dalton wasn't already on FIRE?  I understand 1, but back to back nearly the identical play when they were crowding the line....come on, how about a tight end release, or middle screen...something to get us a for sure field goal, and maybe even a touchdown so we don't have to put the game in the hands of the officials to make a phantom "illegal hit" call. 

what if he would've got sacked for the eight time and knocked us back????  

A screen would've been a nice call
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:48 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I understand that, but the thing is, these are things that OC's at the high school level usually figure out within a drive. 

LOL

Is that a joke? No High school coach can hold a candle to our OC.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:42 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I don't want to come on here and be a "negative nancy" but I think Zampese needs to figure some things out.  For example, why not utilize the screen game EARLIER in the game to avoid some of that pressure Dalton faced all day. 

Don't know what game you were watching, but we used the bubble screen all day.

(09-11-2016, 10:42 PM)740Bengal Wrote:  My biggest gripe is that last drive, after Nugent just missed the 52 yard fg we run 2 vanilla sweep plays that I felt were just terrible calls in that situation, as if Nugent was a 100% guarantee from that distance,

I had no problem with those calls.  The defense was sitting on the quick sideline passes at that time.  With them spread out like that we should have been able to run the ball.  Good calls just poor execution.

(09-11-2016, 10:42 PM)740Bengal Wrote:  Marvin Lewis the king of the first drive timeout(watch out next week, guarantee we burn 1 or maybe 2 on our first drive).  

Are you SURE you don't just want to be a Negative Nancy.  Because only a compulsive whiner would complain about somthing that did not even happen.
Reply/Quote
The play calling is as offensive line blocking does. I didn't see much wrong with it, outside of the blocking.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:42 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I don't want to come on here and be a "negative nancy" but I think Zampese needs to figure some things out.  For example, why not utilize the screen game EARLIER in the game to avoid some of that pressure Dalton faced all day.  My biggest gripe is that last drive, after Nugent just missed the 52 yard fg we run 2 vanilla sweep plays that I felt were just terrible calls in that situation, as if Nugent was a 100% guarantee from that distance, we are lucky AJ Green and Dalton bailed the coaching staff out, but then again that is usually the case, our players having to overcome terrible coaching to find a way to win games.  Marvin Lewis the king of the first drive timeout(watch out next week, guarantee we burn 1 or maybe 2 on our first drive).  Overall, GREAT win, glad we got it done, but clock management and those 2 awful run calls just about cost us on that final drive.  Go Bengals!

I thought the second sweep was a terrible call unless you somehow buy into the so crazy it might work idea.  Overall I think he did alright.  Alexander is the one you could yell at for today.  Yea the screens could have helped but the ones they drew up in long distance were too obvious.  I believe they blew up two screens to Gio on 3rd and longs when everyone in the stadium knows its coming.  I give him a ton of credit for milking the AJ screens for all they were worth, how many callers would have screamed that if they lost?  I'd give him a B+ all things considered using his weapons pretty well. 
Reply/Quote
Why didn't they go back to Uzi? He ripped off a 50 yard reception and would have had a TD if Dalton hadn't under thrown him in the red zone. After that ....nada....
Reply/Quote
You all would be singling a different tune is Nugent missed that deep field goal, you have to utilize a talent like Gio Bernard by getting him the ball in space with middle screens, etc! That is my point, these are the things that cost us games, when it is NOT necessary for us to lose in the past and hopefully NOT the future.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:48 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I understand that, but the thing is, these are things that OC's at the high school level usually figure out within a drive. 

I smell a troll.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:51 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Why didn't they go back to Uzi? He ripped off a 50 yard reception and would have had a TD if Dalton hadn't under thrown him in the red zone. After that ....nada....

Why go to Uzi when AJ Green is open every play?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I smell a troll.

Yeah, this. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I smell a troll.

No, not a troll just a lifelong Bengals fan that has been through it all, and some of the little things I saw today are some of the "little things" that ALWAYS end up costing us.  Bottom line is this, I probably shouldn't of went to the forum with this, but I wanted to see if my circle of friends was alone in our concerns watching that last drive, etc. After all it is ALWAYS better to learn after a win, than it is a loss, I'm sure Zampese will watch the tape and see some things he could of done to help out relieving some of that pressure, and maybe reconsider those 2 plays on that final drive. WHO DEY!!! Sorry I brought negativity to the board, I love the Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:55 PM)740Bengal Wrote: No, not a troll just a lifelong Bengals fan that has been through it all, and some of the little things I saw today are some of the "little things" that ALWAYS end up costing us.  

Always. Except today. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:52 PM)740Bengal Wrote: You all would be singling a different tune is Nugent missed that deep field goal, you have to utilize a talent like Gio Bernard by getting him the ball in space with middle screens, etc!   That is my point, these are the things that cost us games, when it is NOT necessary for us to lose in the past and hopefully NOT the future.

Dalton threw for 366 yards and had a 115 passer rating despite getting sacked 7 times.  This was one of the best jobs ever by a Bengal OC.

What credentials do you have to criticize an OC after such an effective game?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 10:55 PM)740Bengal Wrote: No, not a troll just a lifelong Bengals fan that has been through it all, and some of the little things I saw today are some of the "little things" that ALWAYS end up costing us.  

Yet you never complain about them when they do cost us, but just show up out of the blue to whine after one of the best games ever by a Bengal OC.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote