Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking Ahead...
Seeing crazy numbers, like what Rogers got of $134 million for four years, what will Dalton and Green get when their contracts are up?

If the Bengals don't make the playoffs?
If the Bengals make the playoffs and don't win?
If the Bengals get to the AFC Championship game twice?
If the Bengals win a Super Bowl?

What if Dalton has a year like 2015, wins MVP, wins a Super Bowl and wins Super Bowl MVP...does he get a contract like Rogers?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Like Dalton unlike some but in no way do I see him getting a Aaron Rogers contract.

AJ may break the bank for WR's though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
He has to win a playoff game before we or anyone else is willing to pay more than we are now
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 10:26 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: What if Dalton has a year like 2015, wins MVP, wins a Super Bowl and wins Super Bowl MVP...does he get a contract like Rogers?

No.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 10:26 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Seeing crazy numbers, like what Rogers got of $134 million for four years, what will Dalton and Green get when their contracts are up?

What if Dalton has a year like 2015, wins MVP, wins a Super Bowl and wins Super Bowl MVP...does he get a contract like Rogers?

Somewhere, Joe Flacco just nodded knowingly...
Reply/Quote
No, Dalton won’t nor should get a contract anywhere near what Rodgers got. Rodgers is the best QB in the league (yes I think he’s better than Brady at this point) and is a generational talent.

AJ will be what, 32 when he’s up for his next contract? I don’t think he’ll break the bank, but he should get a nice deal. Hopefully he’ll want to retire a Bengal like Geno and Carlos.

Reply/Quote
I don't see Dalton getting a Rogers type of contract but I could see him getting $20 million per year if the Bengals win a Super Bowl and he is consistent.

As for Green, he is good but he hasn't brought a Super Bowl either. I think he could command $18-$20 million per as well.

I get it, Green is a Star but if the Bengals win a Super Bowl, he will not be paid more than Dalton. Now if they don't win a Super Bowl then yes, he will be paid more than the Bengals QB since I don't think the Bengals will keep Dalton around but for a year or two as they groom a new QB.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
First off: No. Dude in Philly just won the Superbowl and Superbowl MVP and he's getting back up money. It's about a body of work and Andy's has been average at best so far.

I think the bigger question is: If he finishes bottom half in the NFL in passer rating again do we suck up the $16 Mil in cap space, when he carries 0 dead money.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 11:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First off: No. Dude in Philly just won the Superbowl and Superbowl MVP and he's getting back up money. It's about a body of work and Andy's has been average at best so far.

That's because he was already under contract. If Foles was a FA after the Superbowl he's probably top 5 paid QB in the league somewhere. 
Reply/Quote
If by some miracle we won a SB, ML would retire and we would be smart to trade both Dalton and AJ and do an instant rebuild. The Flacco comparison is perfect for Dalton.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
It really is ridiculous the money some of these guys are paid, but WE aren't paying it. The teams do. If I'm going to be included in this WE stuff I want my cut.. if WE are paying 100 million to anyone then I deserve at least 5 bucks every time I post, but since I'm not part of WE I'm just up schitz creek without a paddle.. I suspect the rest of WE are in the same boat.  lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Lol. Rodgers is one of the best ever to play the game. Meanwhile we just hope Dalton doesn’t fumble as he dives for xtra yards in a playoff game
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2018, 01:51 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Lol. Rodgers is one of the best ever to play the game.  Meanwhile we just hope Dalton doesn’t fumble as he dives for xtra yards in a playoff game

Or break his thumb trying to tackle somebody after he throws an interception.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
This Rodgers deal is just proof that the NFL also has DIVAS just like the music industry. Attitude Attitude Attitude

Is everyone in Green Bay getting a Rodgers tax included in their utilities and cell phone? Shocked
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 11:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, Dalton won’t nor should get a contract anywhere near what Rodgers got. Rodgers is the best QB in the league (yes I think he’s better than Brady at this point) and is a generational talent.

AJ will be what, 32 when he’s up for his next contract? I don’t think he’ll break the bank, but he should get a nice deal. Hopefully he’ll want to retire a Bengal like Geno and Carlos.

I agree with Nicomo here. Rodgers is the rarest of rare talents.

Sure if we win a Superbowl the price will go up especially if Dalton is the big reason for it but who cares?

The age with AJ is a great point. For this reason he might not get a monster contract but what he is due.

These guys are all class to boot and won't break the bank cause of it.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 10:26 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Seeing crazy numbers, like what Rogers got of $134 million for four years, what will Dalton and Green get when their contracts are up?

I don't remember when his contract is up but if he
Advances Past the Wild Card round he gets a 1 mil per year bump
Advances Past the Divisional Round gets another 1 mil per year bump
Advances past the Conf Championship yet another 1 mil per year bump
And I think if Super Victory also ups it another 1 mil per year.

And even if he hits all those he will be underpaid...

Not sure what it will take to re-sign him but I don't think hes gonna try and break the bank on us.  As hes been kinda underpaid for a while now based on what other starters are getting paid.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2018, 01:51 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Lol. Rodgers is one of the best ever to play the game.  Meanwhile we just hope Dalton doesn’t fumble as he dives for xtra yards in a playoff game

sitting here trying to remember the packers last Post season victory.... what year was it?
Reply/Quote
Andy deserves middle of the line QB money. AJ deserves nice contracts, but OBJ is a better, and you get, player. He won’t set the market.

Rodgers deserves to always be the highest paid, IMO. He’s the best QB I’ve ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2018, 11:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: sitting here trying to remember the packers last Post season victory.... what year was it?

Not sure if this was a serious question or trying to be snarky. If the latter it was an epic fail; if a genuine question it was in 2016 when they made it to the NFC championship game.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2018, 12:12 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Not sure if this was a serious question or trying to be snarky. If the latter it was an epic fail; if a genuine question it was in 2016 when they made it to the NFC championship game.

I don't follow the packers... so I didn't know...    But I know the greatest QB is still playing and not for the Packers.  And he doesn't take deals that handcuff the team.

but Rodgers is Definitely top notch.. and if guys like Cousins and that dude on the 49ers are getting paid that much he should if he wants it.
Reply/Quote