Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking Ahead
Who would have thought that the Falcons might be the toughest of those 4?

Of course TJ Watt (and Minkah Fitzpatrick) being back or not for the Steelers game will probably be the biggest factor on how easy or hard a W will be there.

Also need to see if it was just bizarre Baker Mayfield nonsense, or if it's Browns nonsense that keeps beating the Bengals... 1-5 against the Browns with Zac (including a 4 game losing streak), 1-7 against the Browns the last 4 years.

- - - -
The Browns and Falcons will be much much harder if the Bengals D doesn't figure out how to stop the run. After those 4 games I see the realistic ceiling as 6-4, realistic floor as 4-6. I sure hope it's the ceiling, as winning is sure a whole lot more fun to watch than losing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 02:11 PM)Synric Wrote: I know I know don't look ahead but scheduling is thing in the NFL.

These next 4 games will be very important for the Bengals because of the tough end of the schedule.  Bengals are 3-3 and the next 4 games are Falcons at home, Browns in Cleveland Prime time, Panthers at home, and Squeelers in Pittsburgh SNF Primetime. These are very important games for the Bengals schedule because they are the winnable portion to set them up at 7-3 before doing the nightmare part of the schedule stretch. Titans in Tennessee, Chiefs at home, Browns (with Watson) at home, Bucs in Tampa Bay, Patriots at Gillette, Bills at home primtime, and Ravens at home.

The Bengals need these next 4 (3 at least) wins to set them up for a playoff record needing only around 3 (or 4) more wins during that hard part of the schedule to at least sneak in as a Wildcard. These are winnable games and playoff teams win games they should.
Tiger

Its time for the pigs to earn the feed! That means 20-25 carries for Mixon. Its time now this week so that they get accustomed to dominating the line of scrimmage like they were brought here to do!!!
Honeymoon is over now because we're married.
Time for trench warfare and running the football 20-25 times a game with Joe Mixon!  Its time for the hogs to maul!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 02:11 PM)Synric Wrote: I know I know don't look ahead but scheduling is thing in the NFL.

These next 4 games will be very important for the Bengals because of the tough end of the schedule.  Bengals are 3-3 and the next 4 games are Falcons at home, Browns in Cleveland Prime time, Panthers at home, and Squeelers in Pittsburgh SNF Primetime. These are very important games for the Bengals schedule because they are the winnable portion to set them up at 7-3 before doing the nightmare part of the schedule stretch. Titans in Tennessee, Chiefs at home, Browns (with Watson) at home, Bucs in Tampa Bay, Patriots at Gillette, Bills at home primtime, and Ravens at home.

The Bengals need these next 4 (3 at least) wins to set them up for a playoff record needing only around 3 (or 4) more wins during that hard part of the schedule to at least sneak in as a Wildcard. These are winnable games and playoff teams win games they should.

I agree with how important it is to get the next 4. I'm just not as on board anymore with how tough the back end of their schedule is. We said the same thing last year and they finished pretty strong by the time we got to those games. 

While those late games are easily tougher than the next 4, i don't think they should be considered underdogs in any of them other than possibly the Bills game (depending on what the Bengals record is at the time). @Tenn and @TB i don't see being more than the usual 3 they give the home team and it will prob be more like +1/+2. 

I agree with the bolded 100%.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 04:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly that back stretch does not look nearly as bad as it did to start the season. The Titans are not the team some thought they'd be, Chiefs are good, Browns with Watson probably still will be working issues out at that point as he was awful in preseason, Bucs have looked flat bad at times, Patriots have been pretty average, Bills are good, and then Ravens we were right there.

At this point there are only two games the rest of the way I would call us clear underdogs (KC and BUF) the rest are very winnable games if we play semi well. Bottom line we have a lot to play for still and need to keep a solid pace going.

The crazy part is, i read this post and thought, why is he contradicting his OP. 

I don't know why i keep getting you and Syn mixed up. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hard for me to look too ahead until the Bengals show they've turned it around.

Believe this comeback will get them on track though.

Still going to sweat these games out one at a time until everybody starts clicking the entire game.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 04:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly that back stretch does not look nearly as bad as it did to start the season. The Titans are not the team some thought they'd be, Chiefs are good, Browns with Watson probably still will be working issues out at that point as he was awful in preseason, Bucs have looked flat bad at times, Patriots have been pretty average, Bills are good, and then Ravens we were right there.

At this point there are only two games the rest of the way I would call us clear underdogs (KC and BUF) the rest are very winnable games if we play semi well. Bottom line we have a lot to play for still and need to keep a solid pace going.

(10-19-2022, 02:36 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I agree with how important it is to get the next 4. I'm just not as on board anymore with how tough the back end of their schedule is. We said the same thing last year and they finished pretty strong by the time we got to those games. 

While those late games are easily tougher than the next 4, i don't think they should be considered underdogs in any of them other than possibly the Bills game (depending on what the Bengals record is at the time). @Tenn and @TB i don't see being more than the usual 3 they give the home team and it will prob be more like +1/+2. 

I agree with the bolded 100%.

My argument about the Buccaneers and Patriots games are their defenses. Both of those teams are prepared defensively and they are road games. Titans are inconsistent right now but its also a talented roster you can see turning it around down the stretch especially with that DL and Run Offense. 

I'm not saying the Bengals should be considered underdogs in any of these games but it is a more rough section of the schedule. My point is that the next 4 is the perfect stretch of games to get the Bengals in that looking like a sure playoff team with a 7-3 record.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

All true, have to look ahead as fans. This is the very winnable part of the schedule, we are at home half of these games and
owe the Browns and the steelers a beat down big time too. These will be revenge games in our Division for us. The Browns 
swept us last season and have our number as of late and the steelers beat us in our place to put us in a tough spot to start
the season. We owe these bastids big time.

The Falcons are a good, young team and will be tough but they are playing us at the wrong time in my opinion. We are just
getting things together on Offense and they are starting backup Corners against our weapons. They can beat us if we don't
stop the run though, so need to slow the run down on the edge and make Mariota beat us with his arm like Lamar.

The Panthers seem like the trap game in all of this. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Just like last year, our boys will continue to get better as the season goes along and peak at the right time.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 01:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just like last year, our boys will continue to get better as the season goes along and peak at the right time.

You were right last year Sled. Hope it is the case once again. Wink
Reply/Quote